Mini 0906 pro operating temperature during hotday

E.K

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I just bought one recently, and today is my first day using it.
When i started my car around 5 its sunny day without aircond, the camera temperature is quite high which is above 90Celcius, it go up till 99C and shutdown. After 5 minute it turned back on with 73Celcius and slowly rise and maintain at 94Celcius (201F) without shutdown (1 hour i park there and wash my car with engine on without aircond).
Is it normal? as my understanding SD card should operate around 85Celcius.

When i read manual it said the operating temperature should be below 90Celcius and once it hit above 90Celcius it will auto cut off the power, but in my case it didnt happen.
When night during parking mode, it recording at 74Celcius. I using full set with hardwirekit.

Last edited:
All dashcams operate at hotter-than-recommended temperatures for the components being used. Many will exceed the prescribed temp limits by a large margin, yet still function and endure well, while others give problems then, even when using the same basic components. Some of this relates to ancillary components where the cheap ones go out-of-spec at temp extremes while high-quality ones vary much less. Cam cooling design also plays a big role here.

What is most important is how well they actually handle the heat, and the written specs do not often relate to the real-world results. This is why it is important that you find out what other owners are experiencing before making a cam selection ;) It seems your cam is reaching and exceeding what it can do without problems. It may be more than any cam can handle. It's not the cam I would choose for the highest heats, but unless you can help it run cooler by parking in the shade and/or keeping good airflow in the cam area there's not much else you can do with it. High heat is the bane of every dashcam :cry:

Phil

I would not expect to get much use of parking mode in a place like Malaysia, i have only been there 1 time and sticking my head out the door at the airport i immediately turned around and went back inside to wait for my connecting flight to Paris and the Copenhagen.
The best chance might be with remote systems, CUZ here you can put the main unit out of the sun so it is only the camera units that are in the sun.

All dashcams operate at hotter-than-recommended temperatures for the components being used. Many will exceed the prescribed temp limits by a large margin, yet still function and endure well, while others give problems then, even when using the same basic components. Some of this relates to ancillary components where the cheap ones go out-of-spec at temp extremes while high-quality ones vary much less. Cam cooling design also plays a big role here.

What is most important is how well they actually handle the heat, and the written specs do not often relate to the real-world results. This is why it is important that you find out what other owners are experiencing before making a cam selection ;) It seems your cam is reaching and exceeding what it can do without problems. It may be more than any cam can handle. It's not the cam I would choose for the highest heats, but unless you can help it run cooler by parking in the shade and/or keeping good airflow in the cam area there's not much else you can do with it. High heat is the bane of every dashcam :cry:

Phil
I see, but i tried to find all those temperature which other user using, it normally between 60-70+. But my 1st day tried is 90+ which is way hotter than other.
As i know above 90C is hot and shorten the livespan and also livespan of memory card..
I wonder other country with summer weather?

I would not expect to get much use of parking mode in a place like Malaysia, i have only been there 1 time and sticking my head out the door at the airport i immediately turned around and went back inside to wait for my connecting flight to Paris and the Copenhagen.
The best chance might be with remote systems, CUZ here you can put the main unit out of the sun so it is only the camera units that are in the sun.
parking mode i am fine with it.. but the normal mode it seems unusual, maybe will try again on this weekend to drive it with full aircond blast..

I was one of the testers on the original 0906 back in the day, and i also saw high temperatures ( listed by the camera ) but never any shut down or anything like that.
But i did manage to break the camera pretty fast, so i dident get to use it for a long time, but while it worked it seemed to be a okay camera ( my car dont have aircon but Denmark also dont get near as hot as Malaysia can get,,,,, not even on record hot days here )

It seems you've done all that can be done with the 0906. Not many places with Malaysia's heat. Australia is one, and there is the Street Guardian company who make and market their cams for use in Australia where they are widely noted as doing good with the heat :) Not all have parking mode. The best cam for high heats is the old Mobius; single channel, old technology so not good at night, and no true parking modes or automatic change-over from driving to parking :rolleyes: But nothing handles heat better.

At a certain level of heat, there simply is no dashcam being made which can function reliably if it works at all. There are only cams which handle more heat than others before problems or shut-downs happen.

Phil

0906PRO - just a problem camera.
My camera started to turn off at much lower temperatures.

It seems you've done all that can be done with the 0906. Not many places with Malaysia's heat. Australia is one, and there is the Street Guardian company who make and market their cams for use in Australia where they are widely noted as doing good with the heat :) Not all have parking mode. The best cam for high heats is the old Mobius; single channel, old technology so not good at night, and no true parking modes or automatic change-over from driving to parking :rolleyes: But nothing handles heat better.

At a certain level of heat, there simply is no dashcam being made which can function reliably if it works at all. There are only cams which handle more heat than others before problems or shut-downs happen.

Phil
how you break it?

0906PRO - just a problem camera.
My camera started to turn off at much lower temperatures.

what firmware you using?

Today i tried again on evening and night, the temperature its around 70+Celcius which looks normal as i turned off the screen.
Below is somefootage,
Its doesnt look good, maybe is due to those exposure n whitebalance auto mode?

I feel my old Mijia footage is better.

In the device from the box was this - 906P-FW 20200113 V1
Then I used this one - 906P-FW 20200110
But there were no improvements(((
i using 20200716v1 not sure is the old version 20200110 better or not.
did your night mode better than mine? my night footage too much of noise.. did you change any whitebalance or exposure?

did your night mode better than mine? my night footage too much of noise.. did you change any whitebalance or exposure?
Version 20200110 V3 was sent to me by the seller from Ali when I created the dispute. It didn't help.
I returned the camera by Post to the seller and am waiting for Ali to return the money. I didn't the night video.
I already bought Viofo 129DUO.
And I am very happy with my choice!)))

Hello EK, This is my 0906pro on night with some lights. I can see mine is same with you. Maybe because of the yellow light, the picture quality seems to be worse.
front camera setting is -03EV and nothing else has changed.
Anyway, my camera somtimes turns off while driving too.. Did you solve this problem?

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    961.2 KB · Views: 11
Version 20200110 V3 was sent to me by the seller from Ali when I created the dispute. It didn't help.
I returned the camera by Post to the seller and am waiting for Ali to return the money. I didn't the night video.
I already bought Viofo 129DUO.
And I am very happy with my choice!)))
did you get the payment? which seller you bought from? the post is bear by seller or you?

Hello EK, This is my 0906pro on night with some lights. I can see mine is same with you. Maybe because of the yellow light, the picture quality seems to be worse.
front camera setting is -03EV and nothing else has changed.
Anyway, my camera somtimes turns off while driving too.. Did you solve this problem?
Hi Anstkd, how long you used? and what firmware version you using?
Yes i find the video quality is bad, its like blur. . my old dash cam seems perform better.. even you see those 70mai colour is better.

Hi Anstkd, how long you used? and what firmware version you using?
Yes i find the video quality is bad, its like blur. . my old dash cam seems perform better.. even you see those 70mai colour is better.
I bought this about 3weeks ago, and nearly used it 1week now. My firmware is same as you 20200716 V1..
I wish the camera developer shows up here and solve our problem.
also if you have tea time, please read my problems :) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0906pro-occasionally-freeze.43139/

did you get the payment? which seller you bought from? the post is bear by seller or you?
The seller returned the money. The seller is the official store. I paid for the mail.

Back