VIOFO A119 V3

Hmm that's interesting. I will need to try Timelapse to confirm whether this is really happening. But so far it doesn't seem to be the case as my 1) service guy who fitted the cams confirmed that he left the car off for a couple of hours after the installation and when he returned back to garage he checked the contents of the sd card and it recorded something upon his arrival; 2) I have double checked if the parking mode was on and everytime I have checked (ignition off) with doors open/closed, parking mode was on; 3) I have successfully triggered Parking G-Sensor (although I've mentioned there were 4 videos each 10 seconds long). Will need to test more.

What's your problem with low bitrate for parking mode? Memory use? Even though it's writing to memory, the files are a lot smaller. I believe power consumption is the same. If the g-sensor works, it saves a file in the RO directory. If not, you have a recording of everything and can save it if there's a problem. If you have 256gb card, it should last a while.

I think I would be fine with low-fps timelapse too. I would rather have everything recorded even in low-fps than to rely only on G-sensor. And G-Sensor works in combination with Timelapse/Low Bitrate Recording while in Parking Mode?

I think I would be fine with low-fps timelapse too. I would rather have everything recorded even in low-fps than to rely only on G-sensor. And G-Sensor works in combination with Timelapse/Low Bitrate Recording while in Parking Mode?
Yes. I slammed the hatch the other day when it was in parking mode (and low bitrate) and the one on the hatch beeped and the screen turned on, so I think the G-sensor kicked on. I agree that it's not too sensitive.

Provided there is light it is fine, at least on my SG9663DR.
When i first got it i was unsure low bitrate always recording parking mode would be useful against fast objects, but a quick test parking curbside to a road fixed those doubts as i was able to see plates ( daytime )
Of course had it been night time i would not have been able to get a plate capture.
Low bitrate also capture audio, and for me thats another reason to not use time lapse parking mode.

Parking in the back yard PIR LED light still on.

DRpark1.jpg
DRpark2.jpg

Rear camera yard light off, and then it is of course not usable.
DRpark3.jpg

What about nighttime recording?
I was only talking about daytime for parking. I have mine set at high bitrate, 30fps, for regular. Reality is, I don't go out that much at night, and we're still in daylight savings time. Maybe in winter, lol.

I need the new FW too...
Coming soon !!
HDR is hidden here, I turned it on and here's the result!
In the firmware, the sensitivity of the microphone has been changed, now it writes very well, even a quiet conversation !!

Attachments

• V21.jpg
    V21.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I do a lot of night driving and I'm very tempted to buy a V3 after seeing some of the recent screenshots. Is this HDR FW reliable?

@vvs49 Is the Viofo official V4.0 set up the same as your modification?

Paul.

Here:
Link removed - disregard please.

Thanks gse.

Last edited:
Here:

these are different models for hardware, firmware is not replaced.

Back