Speed and clock

I did the very vanilla install to my ford. It's grounded to the grounding point near the driver's side fuse box. It's tapped into two fuses, mobile phone (7.5A) and 15A mobile office. One is ACC only and the other is always on. It was very straight forward. These fuses are used by a lot of other Ford owners for dashcams. GPS is on top of the dash in the corner with clear sky access. I have no other installations in the car, it is straight from the factory.

I did the very vanilla install to my ford. It's grounded to the grounding point near the driver's side fuse box. It's tapped into two fuses, mobile phone (7.5A) and 15A mobile office. One is ACC only and the other is always on. It was very straight forward. These fuses are used by a lot of other Ford owners for dashcams. GPS is on top of the dash in the corner with clear sky access. I have no other installations in the car, it is straight from the factory.
what model Ford?

It's a 2016 petrol. It has a 670CCA 64Ah battery. Attached is a photo of the fuse box.

Attachments

• fuse-box-photo.JPG
    fuse-box-photo.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 4
checked with our tech, he said for your car use the following

+12V - Fuse 21
+Acc - Fuse 13 or Fuse 15

I'm already using Fuse 21 (Mobile Phone 7.5A).

For ACC, your tech is suggesting either of the 2 x 20A 12V power sockets, which can't be too dissimilar to Fuse 14 (Mobile Office) which I'm using.

What do you expect to occur by changing the ACC fuse from one to the other?

it was the B+ that I was concerned about, if that's already on 21 is no problem, some of your symptoms match that of a B+ that is having a momentary disconnect, bad ground can cause that also, if you're on the factory ground point though that should be ok

I will check the earthing just to be absolutely certain it's not that.

What is the current theory? because this sounds electrical and not software related?

Back