Red LIght & then Mobile Phone & vaper...

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
So here we have a car going through a red light nearly 30 seconds after it went red, followed by another driver this time using his mobile phone while driving, and in his other hand was his vape - and he used that while using his phone!

Last edited:
another driver this time using his mobile phone while driving, and in his other hand was his vape - and he used that while using his phone!
The police might like that A119 V3 footage, plenty of detail for a prosecution! They make a good rear cam.

So here we have a car going through a red light nearly 30 seconds after it went red, followed by another driver this time using his mobile phone while driving, and in his other hand was his vape - and he used that while using his phone!

I'm a red light jumpers nightmare. I see this AT LEAST once a week and I send the footage to the local police (they must be totally sick of me !!). I can only assume they proceed and prosecute, as I never hear back as to what has happened. I just hope I'm not totally wasting my time.

It's also a waste of valuable police time that could be used elsewhere.

I just can't stand the fact that there are lots of law abiding citizens, whilst there are those who think that we stick by the law to let them have the scope to flaunt the law.

I'll continue to submit my video clips to the police, even though it's a bit of a pain.

I just hope I'm not totally wasting my time.
Thames Valley Police appear to have a surprisingly low number of dashcam submissions, and a disapointing number of actions. Looking at the link below, it appears they are not sending out fixed penalties, instead they send warnings and driving courses, but at least they are processing 3000+ dashcam videos per year, so your efforts are probably worth it, at least for providing employment to the driver retraining centre!

I see this AT LEAST once a week and I send the footage to the local police (they must be totally sick of me !!)
That is what they are there for, and sending the footage in saves them going out and watching, instead they can work at their desk, process several videos per hour instead of a few drivers per day, and so save you the taxpayer a lot of money while doing a more effective job.

as I never hear back as to what has happened.
I thought the government had ordered them to give feedback, most police forces do seem to do so these days, might be worth complaining, because that may be why they are not getting a lot of videos sent in - people assume it is not worthwhile, but stopping red light jumpers can save lives, it is worthwhile, and must be effective.

Thames Valley Police appear to have a surprisingly low number of dashcam submissions, and a disapointing number of actions. Looking at the link below, it appears they are not sending out fixed penalties, instead they send warnings and driving courses, but at least they are processing 3000+ dashcam videos per year, so your efforts are probably worth it, at least for providing employment to the driver retraining centre!

That is what they are there for, and sending the footage in saves them going out and watching, instead they can work at their desk, process several videos per hour instead of a few drivers per day, and so save you the taxpayer a lot of money while doing a more effective job.

I thought the government had ordered them to give feedback, most police forces do seem to do so these days, might be worth complaining, because that may be why they are not getting a lot of videos sent in - people assume it is not worthwhile, but stopping red light jumpers can save lives, it is worthwhile.
TVP (Thames Valley Police) are indeed the Constabulary I send these dashcam clips to.

That's a nice bit of info you sent. I'll continue my efforts

TVP (Thames Valley Police) are indeed the Constabulary I send these dashcam clips to.

And just another point I found out the other week. Someone who I sort of know told me he got caught speeding (camera) and all he got was a drivers awareness course......and guess what, it's all online, there's no inconvenience of having to take time off work and travel to the course and also be embarrassed.... What sort of bloody punishment and determent is this ??? So speed in your car, get caught and sit at home in your PJ bottoms doing a online course !!! Absolutely a load of rubbish nowadays !!

It is odd that over half the submissions have no further action, that is very different for other police forces:

One police force received 14k videos in three years​

Reports last year claimed that 70 per cent of videos sent in had resulted in punishment for offenders, ranging from warning letters to driving convictions and bans.

The database is also said to have saved almost half a million hours of officer time in gathering evidence and collating supporting witness statements in the first four years of its operation.

And just another point I found out the other week. Someone who I sort of know told me he got caught speeding (camera) and all he got was a drivers awareness course......and guess what, it's all online, there's no inconvenience of having to take time off work and travel to the course and also be embarrassed.... What sort of bloody punishment and determent is this ??? So speed in your car, get caught and sit at home in your PJ bottoms doing a online course !!! Absolutely a load of rubbish nowadays !!
You do get to elect your Police commissioner ... you can make a fuss about your police force being ineffective.

I'm very doubtful it would be worth the effort, but we do have those elections for a reason. Talking to your MP might be more effective.

2023 figures, if the average for taking action is 70% then Thames Valley shouldn't be letting most people off, and it should certainly be sending out fixed penalties with points.

The number of reports filed in 2023 increased by 30% compared with the previous year, with more than 33,500 videos submitted to police via the National Dash Cam Safety Portal until the end of November.

About 70% of the submissions lead to police action, ranging from warning letters to penalty points and prosecution.

You do get to elect your Police commissioner ... you can make a fuss about your police force being ineffective.

I'm very doubtful it would be worth the effort, but we do have those elections for a reason. Talking to your MP might be more effective.

2023 figures, if the average for taking action is 70% then Thames Valley shouldn't be letting most people off, and it should certainly be sending out fixed penalties with points.
My local MP, John Redwood has heard it all from me

Back