70mai A800 4K dashcam

Found the solution.
Auto turn off after parking turns of the complete dashcam.
Disabling this option keeps the park assist on and working.

Will this allow for the car battery to be drained empty, or does a hardwire kit prevent that? (I'm not familiar with the cam but interested in it.)

Phil

That makes sense. I’ll have a look through my settings in the morning because I haven’t tried the park assist yet.
Was it that auto turn off that was affecting your time and date?
Nope, the date and time error was due to a incorrect timezone (+8 instead of the +1(+1 dst)).
Settings that aren't there in the app, but are there on the camera.

Another question,
How can I live view the rear camera?

Nope, the date and time error was due to a incorrect timezone (+8 instead of the +1(+1 dst)).
Settings that aren't there in the app, but are there on the camera.

Another question,
How can I live view the rear camera?
I think the live view of the rear camera is only available on the camera itself and not in the app.
When the camera is on and recording press button 1 (the button on the camera on the very left) and it will toggle between the front camera view and the rear camera view. I haven’t seen the option to live view the front and rear camera at the same time.

there is a problem (on metadata i guess) on the rear videos. they cannot be sent (i guess converted) by whatsapp. front are ok, and both using the same hevc codec. using latest fw 1.0.6ww

Hello before installing the hardwire kit whats type of fuses in the piggyback cable are enough for this camera? I have located 2 unused fuses, are 2AM enough?
Thanks in advance

To protect your car against the camera 5 A is fine, at least that is what i use for my hard wire kit for a 2 channel system.

To protect your car against the camera 5 A is fine, at least that is what i use for my hard wire kit for a 2 channel system.
So you need at least 2 of 5am one for the yellow one for the red no? If they are in empty sockets in the fusebox

I use 5A fues on both 12 V lines on my hardware kit
If you tap into a existing fuse that one go in the lowest slot in the piggy back adapter, the fuse for the dashcam go in the top of the 2 slots.
If you tap into a empty socket, then i assume you dont need to have a fuse in the lower slot, but then there might be a case of right and wrong way to insert the fuse adapter as the fuse socket are only live on one side.
I have not tried to install in a empty fuse, and i am not familiar with the A 800 or any other 70 mai system

I think 2AMP fuses will be fine. I've never seen that much current drawn by any dashcam, IIRC the highest I've seen was 1.4something amps.

Phil

The hardwire kit has a cutoff at 11.4V. I don’t think the parking assist will work through the cigarette/12V socket.
My parking mode won't enable anymore. It used to work now won't let me enable it. This camera is starting to get on my nerves. It will power down in the middle of driving with it on. Any insight you can give? Do you have to manually turn yours on everytime, and does it power off on its own while you are driving?

No I don’t have to manually turn it on, when I turn the key for the ignition it starts up with the chime.
The camera has never powered down whilst I am driving so far.
I’m not using the parking mode but, I saw a thread that was about the parking mode not working being caused by the firmware update.
Are you hardwired? I think the parking mode only works with the hardwire kit.
The solution they was to restore to factory settings and re set up.

https://na-bbs.70mai.com.cn/?forum-16.htm

there is a problem (on metadata i guess) on the rear videos. they cannot be sent (i guess converted) by whatsapp. front are ok, and both using the same hevc codec. using latest fw 1.0.6ww
i looked at the files, the metadata seems to be ok, both hevc, rear L4.1 @ 1.4mbps , front L5.1 @ 27mbps . weird, they not play correctly in ios, neither can be edited or sent via whatsapp.

No I don’t have to manually turn it on, when I turn the key for the ignition it starts up with the chime.
The camera has never powered down whilst I am driving so far.
I’m not using the parking mode but, I saw a thread that was about the parking mode not working being caused by the firmware update.
Are you hardwired? I think the parking mode only works with the hardwire kit.
The solution they was to restore to factory settings and re set up.

https://na-bbs.70mai.com.cn/?forum-16.htm
I have it hardwired. It worked fine, but now it stopped. Its probably that firmware update. It won't even let you enable it. It says it needs a hardwire kit, when it is hardwired. Smh

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

@sr8017 Can you reinstall the older FW? It might get your parking mode back. Nothing I have does auto-updates because things often go wrong with them. I prefer to wait and see what other's experience, then if they're OK I'll update manually. This has save me heartaches so many time's I've stopped counting, and rarely is any update so critical that it can't wait a few days :cool: I often split bundled updates too so that I can better identify which one needs to be un-done if something goes wrong.

Beginning to see the leaves turn color here in the upstate of SC at the base of the foothills, and the cooler temps are VERY welcome too (y)

Phil

@sr8017 Can you reinstall the older FW? It might get your parking mode back. Nothing I have does auto-updates because things often go wrong with them. I prefer to wait and see what other's experience, then if they're OK I'll update manually. This has save me heartaches so many time's I've stopped counting, and rarely is any update so critical that it can't wait a few days :cool: I often split bundled updates too so that I can better identify which one needs to be un-done if something goes wrong.

Beginning to see the leaves turn color here in the upstate of SC at the base of the foothills, and the cooler temps are VERY welcome too (y)

Phil
Makes me wish I didn't, but they put in the new update to be able to record front and rear record at the same time, with 4k being recorded to the front camera with dual recording.

Ive got mine along with rear cam and h/w kit but wont bother to install it I guess, going to sell it to get my money back and get something with proper parking mode.
Anyone wanna buy it ? :)

Makes me wish I didn't, but they put in the new update to be able to record front and rear record at the same time, with 4k being recorded to the front camera with dual recording.

Did you try what they say about resetting the camera?

Anyone having issues reading the microsd card after formatting? Tried in Windows 7 and 10 and always ask to format if I plug it in. When formatted in a windows PC the dashcam will ask to format before use. Trying to manually update the camera but stuck in a loop.

I can see the videos on the app so it's working.

Did you try what they say about resetting the camera?
Yes. I have it hardwired, but doesn't let me enable it stating something about needing a hardwire kit.

Back