20 second gap in recordings

dc9mm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had this happen when I first got the A119 V3 and had 5 minute recording lengths. Switched to 3 minute seemed to go away BUT its back again. Card is Samsung Pro endurance 64 gig. Yes its been formated inside A119V3 I found a thread like this and they switched to 3 minute recording and it seemed to work BUT I wonder if they just didn't check it later,

This is MOST troubling and might return this if I cant solve it as it could MISS an accident which is the WHOLE point of a dashcam. The whole reason I got it as I was in crash before I had this and other guy said it was my fault which it wasn't. Hence me buying a dashcam.
No solution and this goes back. worthless.

Other things below but are not as important as first problem.

Next thing is I have this setup for Parking mode which works ok and have G sensor on medium. When driving i hit bumps it beeps and REC button flashes. I think this is normal as it thinks its an EVENT but it does NOT make a RO folder or anything I can see on the card afterward. Is it supposed too create a RO folder? Or only if it s real HARD bump?

The EVENT button is for say your in an accident and makes a recording that cant be over written I think? Just curios how long does it stay in this mode? One recording length. So if I have 3 minute loop set it saves just that ONE 3 minute loop as protected file or writes it to the RO folder its supposed to create? I have not yet tried the button just wanted to know what its SUPPOSED to do.

When you hit a bump and hear the beeps, is there a big yellow ! icon on the LCD screen and hear and hear a succession of beeps? This would indicate it is saving an event. If you just hear a couple of beeps and the REC button flashes, this may be a poor power connection. How are you powering the camera? Power going to a GPS mount or direct into the camera?
When the g-sensor is activated or you press the ! button, it should create an RO folder if one hasn't already been created. It will save the current file.

I saw the yellow Icon on the screen. Power is to the GPS mount as Iam using GPS of course. it didn't make a RO folder. I hit a speed bump at Ford dealer parking lot at about 5 mph . It was a rather large speed bump.

Tried pushing the emergency button and it did create a FO folder and put ONE 3 minute video in it. I tried pressing it again and put ONE 3 minute recording in FO folder. So it appears to work for that function and it only keeps one video clip.

Now the MAIN issue the video 20 second skip. The return or no return problem.
I then turned off parking mode and started recording inside my house while working. It had no skip issue this time for over 2 hours of recording. BUT the real test will be when Parking Mode is ON and iam actually in the car driving. If it happens again this goes back to Amazon. I cant have it missing 20 seconds ever 3 minutes. Totally worthless if it does. Now for anyone who says turn off parking mode. I will say WHY it should work with that function being usable. I will post what happens over the next few days. Not going any were today.

OK I downloaded program and formatted card with full overwrite. Took about 25 minutes then formatted in camera. Will see how it works. I will power cam directly instead of GPS module . Test in a few days see what happens

Thanks for advice

I did go on a short drive today it was working fine for about 10 minutes then starting skipping again. Sometime 5 seconds sometime 15 seconds. What I noticed which was also present before was in windows explorer under detailed view I can see 3 minute time changes which is what it should be but when it does the time skip I see either 2 minute time or 1 minute time recordings. This is going back I will try another unit. I HOPE the replacement works properly. If not I have to try another brand camera. I will post here if new camera works or not. Clearly this one doesn't.

Test your card - not only for read/write reliability but for read/write speeds as well. I had a card a while back that was writing much slower than it was spec'd for and was causing all kinds of recording issues similar to yours. Replaced with a good card and all issues went away.

Yes I even tried a different card this time it was a much smaller card at only 16 gig but it did the same time skipping problem Its the camera. its going back for a replacement . I will update after i get new camera.

Power supply?? It powers off cigarette lighter ., Using cables suplied. It doesnt lose power any way. it just starts recording shorter than the 3 minute times set. When it does that it misses time between clips. I originally had this problem from the beginning when I had it set to 5 minute clips. Saw other post about setting to 3 minute which seemed to fix it but problem came back. I just noticed now that it only happnens when the time clips are shorter than what is set. So its easy to spot in the files were it starts

Turn off or low any kind of motion detection as a test.

What card make and rating are you using. The V3 needs a fast write speed, I reckon U3 is a must.

What card make and rating are you using. The V3 needs a fast write speed, I reckon U3 is a must.
That is not true, some of the fast cards seem to cause more problems than slow cards! My ancient class 6 card with no U rating works fine in my 3 channel Viofo A139.

There have been a few reports of some Samsung Pro Endurance cards causing issues, so if reformatting hasn't solved the problem, I reckon that the problem is more likely to be the card than the camera.

Samsung Pro Endurance 64 gig was the card used. BUT I tried my other sd card i had in my action cam only a 16 gig size sandisk card which had SAME problem with skipped time between recordings. Its the camera at least that is what I think. I have already exchanging it to amazon for another camera. . I will see what happens with new camera.

How are you wired ?

Is there a possibility of a make/break connection. Often found when using a cars power socket with a plug that's not quite deep enough. Honda for example have very deep power sockets and a lot of third party plugs just don't reach the bottom or only just reach and a pothole will cause a power blip.

I was powering by plugging into cigarette lighter power port . I tried plugging directly into my powered USB port which can handle up to 2 amps each. Same problem now examining more files I see some weird stuff going on . At first it does 3 minute clips and has no missing time skips, then it starts to do 45 second clip lengths and this is when we have the missing time skips between each clip. Then I noticed it had some same time clip, say two at 2:40pm in a row. Iam like how can there be TWO clips at the same time? I look at them I see the one starts at 2:40 goes abouit 45 seconds. the other 2:40 clip starts about 15 seconds earlier and ends at same time as other clip Iam like WTF is that about.

Two different SD cards and one powering off cigarette power other powering off USB port built into car which constant power .

I have amazon sending me another camera and returning this one Attached is what the files look like once tranfered to my PC, screen grab

Attachments

• dashCam.jpg
    dashCam.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 15
By cigarette lighter power port you are referring to the Viofo adaptor that comes with the camera?

Back