Do I need to update the firmware?

fallun

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I just bought a VIOFO A129 Duo. It's my first dashcam and I'm very excited to use it!

So, I read that there is some firmware for this device. Is it something that needs to be installed? I'm hoping to hook the thing up tomorrow, so I'd like to have it installed if needed. I also won't be hooking it up with parking mode at the moment, but it's something I'd like to do in the future. I've watched a few videos on it and it's a bit much for me right now.

Thanks for any help! :)

Welcome to DCT @fallun :)

The cam will have firmware already installed; there may be a newer version available but it will work as-is.

I would recommend just going with what is on there for now to be sure the cam is working correctly- it's quite easy to upgrade it later if needed through the SD card. Once you've gotten it going check in the menu under "version" and that will tell us which firmware it has, then we can discuss updates, how to do them, and whether you should do that.

Phil

Welcome to DCT @fallun :)

The cam will have firmware already installed; there may be a newer version available but it will work as-is.

I would recommend just going with what is on there for now to be sure the cam is working correctly- it's quite easy to upgrade it later if needed through the SD card. Once you've gotten it going check in the menu under "version" and that will tell us which firmware it has, then we can discuss updates, how to do them, and whether you should do that.

Phil
Awesome thank you so much!!

Back