Dash Cam Hard Wire Question

ka4564

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a MiVue Dash Cam 751 which has been running a treat in our previous car.
I'm in the midst of transferring to our new car and want to hard wire the unit so we have the park facility activated too.
I ordered the standard wire kit from Amazon with the fuse piggy back system - The wire kit is a Red wire fused and an earth wire.
Having found a perm 12 volt fuse, I then wired it all up, but the camera doesn't switch on.
I have since looked through the forum and the Mivue website and it seems the hard wire kits for this particular make has an additional yellow wire! so now at a loss! Have I purchased the wrong kit?
Many Thanks

Hi All
I have a MiVue Dash Cam 751 which has been running a treat in our previous car.
I'm in the midst of transferring to our new car and want to hard wire the unit so we have the park facility activated too.
I ordered the standard wire kit from Amazon with the fuse piggy back system - The wire kit is a Red wire fused and an earth wire.
Having found a perm 12 volt fuse, I then wired it all up, but the camera doesn't switch on.
I have since looked through the forum and the Mivue website and it seems the hard wire kits for this particular make has an additional yellow wire! so now at a loss! Have I purchased the wrong kit?
Many Thanks
Yes, you need 3 wires. one for power when you use your key to start the car. The second hooks to a fuse that is constantly powered, for example one that feeds latent power to an interior light or your radio. Then the ground wire is the third one. The second wire is what you need for park mode.

Yes, you need 3 wires. one for power when you use your key to start the car. The second hooks to a fuse that is constantly powered, for example one that feeds latent power to an interior light or your radio. Then the ground wire is the third one. The second wire is what you need for park mode.
Thanks Isaiah - So it seems i have the wrong kit - But shouldn't the unit still switch on (minus the parking facility) with the red wire feed and earth connected?

Back