Q800 pro hardwire installation

Sablax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just installed q800 pro to ford cmax 2014, the cam works good with cigarette lighter, the hardwire kit come with three wire ,black,yellow and red.
I watched the video on thinkware.com black one is earth, red one is go to ignition swith, and yellow to constant power.but I did not connect the yellow wire as I do not want dash cam on all the time, can I use only red and black wire and leave the yellow, I used fuse number 85 in ford cmax 1.6 cdti 2014 , but no power on dashcam. Any advice, also the fuse number 85 is 7.5 do I need too exact 7.5 for dashcam fuse or lower

Try switching the cables. Older stock of the hardwiring cable had the yellow wire as B+ and the red wire was ACC.

I could not wait till tomorrow just went out and tried the yellow wire still no power, what fuse number should I use the same 7.5

Last edited:
I could not wait till tomorrow just went out and tried the yellow wire still no power, what fuse number should I use the same 7.5

Instead of guessing which fuse to use, I recommend using a voltage meter or circuit tester to find out which fuses are always hot and which ones remain on only while the ignition is on. Just refer to your user manual and make sure not to tap into any essential safety systems.

I already did that I used circuit tester it just foes not power up, manufacture says red wire to ignition and yellow to constant fuse, ignition only I can use fuse 85 the rest either safety future or they not ignition swith , as my kitwire comes with three connectors, can I leave yellow not installed, because only need need it when car on , or if I do not connect all the it does work, I have thinkware qpro 800

I already did that I used circuit tester it just foes not power up, manufacture says red wire to ignition and yellow to constant fuse, ignition only I can use fuse 85 the rest either safety future or they not ignition swith , as my kitwire comes with three connectors, can I leave yellow not installed, because only need need it when car on , or if I do not connect all the it does work, I have thinkware qpro 800
You will need to tap both wires to the same ACC fuse as this will turn the dash cam off and on with the ignition. Our dash cams only draw power from the B+ wire and the ACC is use to monitor if the ignition is on or off in order to switch recording modes.

Have you tried a different fuse box? You may find a suitable fuse in a different fusebox.

You will need to tap both wires to the same ACC fuse as this will turn the dash cam off and on with the ignition. Our dash cams only draw power from the B+ wire and the ACC is use to monitor if the ignition is on or off in order to switch recording modes.

Have you tried a different fuse box? You may find a suitable fuse in a different fusebox.
I will try tomorrow, as I need another pigtail fuse connecter

So if I use fuse with 7.5 does the second must be the same or lower second wire the yellow does need fuse with higher like 10 a or 15 or 20 a

So if I use fuse with 7.5 does the second must be the same or lower second wire the yellow does need fuse with higher like 10 a or 15 or 20
The second fuse in the fuse tap needs to be the same size as the fuse you are tapping into or higher.

So if I use fuse with 7.5 does the second must be the same or lower second wire the yellow does need fuse with higher like 10 a or 15 or 20 a
Hi I managed to sort it out thanks, I connect the red wire to fuse 85 in ford cmax cdti 1.6 titanium 2014, and connect the yellow wire to fuse 75 ,front fog light bkack one to earth, and works fine now thank you

I have no issues with using the OBD kit.

Back