Please help with a firmware update

gkm24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to update my 312GW. What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded the firmware update, unzipped it onto an SD

card and inserted it and it will not update, it just says to format the card. I have tried to connect it to the app and it can't find an update. The version on the cam is R06.9 and the new version is apparently 6.4. I only bought the cam last week so it should not have a fault. Any help greatly accepted.

Step 1, check you do have a 312 as this model is quite old now. The latest version for some years now is the 322.

If it is a 312 then unzip the file (as you have) and make sure the capitalisation is right as exactly "FW96655A.bin"

Format a small SDCard (32GB or under) to FAT32 and copy the file to the card then card to the 312.

Do not plug the cam into a PC USB but use either the car USB or an interior house USB or mains mobile phone charger using the Nextbase included PC USB cable.

Hi there,

You may find two versions of the reported firmware as there were two variants of the 312GW produced, both R06.9 and R06.4 are the latest version of firmware for both.

No update will be required for your camera if this is running either of these versions.

Regards,
Dan - Nextbase Tech Support

I am trying to update my 312GW. What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded the firmware update, unzipped it onto an SD

card and inserted it and it will not update, it just says to format the card.
This happend to me too. I formatted the sd-card with the 312GW, then I put the card in the PC and deletet the two files and copied the firmware-files onto the card.
After inserting the card I plugged the cable into the charger and the firmware was updated.
have tried to connect it to the app and it can't find an update. The version on the cam is R06.9 and the new version is apparently 6.4. I only bought the cam last week so it should not have a fault. Any help greatly accepted.
But you don't need to update!
Regards

Hi there,

You may find two versions of the reported firmware as there were two variants of the 312GW produced, both R06.9 and R06.4 are the latest version of firmware for both.

No update will be required for your camera if this is running either of these versions.

Regards,
Dan - Nextbase Tech Support
How can one device have two different versions of fimware? How do I know which device I have?

Hello,

The 312GW was made in two batches and there's two slightly different versions. Here's how to find your version:
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.

If it says 312GW you need R06.4.
If it says 312GWA you need R06.4.
If it says 312GWB you need R06.9.

The 312GW update guide can be found here: https://nextbase.co.uk/hub/how-to-update-your-firmware/

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back