2014 VicoVation Marcus-1, 1080p-30Fps, SDR, LDWS, FCWS , GPS, CPL

Vicovation told us that they slightly changed the packaging for the Marcus 1 to now include
(Marcus 1, 3M sticker bracket, GPS mouse (60cm wire), Quick Mounting bracket, Charger.) So the launch date is pushed back to mid-March. I think what they actually do is a soft launch in Taiwan to get some customer feedback before settling on the final product contents.
I'm glad they decided to include the 3M bracket. and wern't the GPS and CPL optional as well before? Really nice to see a complete package.

Vicovation told us that they slightly ......etc

That's the same info I got from them today. I asked them a few weeks ago if the 3M bracket could be bought separatly with the Marcus 1, glad to see they decided to include the 3M sticker bracket as well. Do you know if chinese version means chinese packaging or does it mean the camera menus are only in chinese as well?

That's the same info I got from them today. I asked them a few weeks ago if the 3M bracket could be bought separatly with the Marcus 1, glad to see they decided to include the 3M sticker bracket as well. Do you know if chinese version means chinese packaging or does it mean the camera menus are only in chinese as well?

I don't know for sure, but i think it just means the packaging. DCT member Milamber ordered a TF2 when they had only been out in Taiwan for a week and installed an English Firmware a few weeks later when it was ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Same here, "my contacts" ;) in TW were ready to post me M1 2-3 weeks ago when it was just released there for sale, but I am maybe become a little bit "greedy" on technology and same way as you - waiting fot M-3 series.

FYI- The marcus series will be released with a Windows software program for GPS data review and footage viewing and they are currently working on a MAC version that will be released soon.

Do you think this has a proper parking mode?
Does it have it's own viewer software (or are all settings done on the camera?)?
What's the video bitrate?
Is the new gen 3M CMOS any good vs Sony exmor?

My new Lukas 7900 replacement should arrive soon and I'm considering selling it and trying something else, I'm guessing the guard trak is some way off still (though I could sell the Lukas and just wait).

Do you think this has a proper parking mode?
Does it have it's own viewer software (or are all settings done on the camera?)?
What's the video bitrate?
Is the new gen 3M CMOS any good vs Sony exmor?

My new Lukas 7900 replacement should arrive soon and I'm considering selling it and trying something else, I'm guessing the guard trak is some way off still (though I could sell the Lukas and just wait).

My judgement to ANY dashcamera who might have even the best specs / hardware on the paper is: DON'T JUDGE BOOK BY IT'S COVER !
I have seen sooo many dash cams, where on the paper all sounds good, but in reality is "something missing".
I can only fully judge when I test myself against all other same class dash cams I have in hand in so called side-by-side stress-test ( day, night, rain, sunny, pitch dark, low sun, etc. ), - only then I can tell what I really think.
But I am not sure if and when I get hands on Marcus series, unless Vico sends me samples for tests ;)
However having in hand WF1 and knowing its performance and Vicovation has been lately surprising us with good quality products ( TF2+, WF1 etc ), I do believe that Marcus series should bring a good result. But we have to wait and see.

About Sony Exmor IMX122 vs AR0330. I have seen some Sony with poor FW tune up which performed same as 50-70 usd dashcams and if FW tuned up properly, then AR0330 can nearly match Sony Exmor IMX122 as I showed in one of my tests HERE

Don't forget, there are two type of Sony Exmor: IMX122 and IMX136.
IMX122 is close to real WDR ( 100dB ) as well as Aptina AR0331.
Aptina AR0330
CAN NOT produce real WDR, because it has 72db
The only real WDR is Sony Exmor R IMX136 producing 116db, but this CMOS is not yet used in dashcam world, - too expensive !

Last edited:
Lukas 7300 is supposedly Exmor R, might be a typo http://125.132.48.85:8080/_jpg/aa070fa4ee70c0a4ba68b87efdb6e75a3/a/Ju/16U9gqeqJu?id=qrontech&1

For me not many dashcams fit the bill as most don't have some important feature like a proper parking mode, decent build, don't run cool, not particularly stable, no regular fw updates, no gps etc. Many have adequate video quality for me.. but we all have different priorities. Maybe I stick with the 7900 but I fancy a change and I'm not to happy with the warranty turnaround time from Lukas tbh, they are verging on leaving my good books - stretching my patronage for sure.

Marcus 1 looks OK.

.. Off to research what the vico parking mode is like in general ;)

Last edited:
Lukas 7300 is supposedly Exmor R, might be a typo http://125.132.48.85:8080/_jpg/aa070fa4ee70c0a4ba68b87efdb6e75a3/a/Ju/16U9gqeqJu?id=qrontech&1

For me not many dashcams fit the bill as most don't have some important feature like a proper parking mode, decent build, don't run cool, not particularly stable, no regular fw updates, no gps etc. Many have adequate video quality for me.. but we all have different priorities. Maybe I stick with the 7900 but I fancy a change and I'm not to happy with the warranty turnaround time from Lukas tbh, they are verging on leaving my good books - stretching my patronage for sure.

Marcus 1 looks OK.

.. Off to research what the vico parking mode is like in general ;)

Same "Exmor R"- MISTAKE we already saw when first Finevu CR-500HD came out more than year ago with printed Exmor-R at the front. They idea on the first place to use R-series, but it never went into production.
I am afraid same scenario is with Lukas ;). Korean forums speak about IMX122 in Lukas which means Exmor, not Exmor-R.

For average Joe maybe hard to see differences between two CMOS, but there are a lot of technical differences.

IMX122 vs IMX136.jpg

Back to the Vico topic:
I think it will be all about durability and performance. Usually it takes minimum 3 month after release when buyers start getting back with their "complains" or not.
So we will see, but it looks like Vico learns from his past mistakes and always trying to move further with product development.

I had one shipped from Vicovation via my agent i Taiwan yesterday so I'll post link to raw files by the end of next week.
Got my Marcus 1 camera today and have uploaded a 55MB file in cameras native format (MOV). Used Free Video Dub to extract a 33 sec clip, 55MB. Bitrate 13-14000 kbps.

Video quality was quite good. Colors maybe a bit oversaturated. Details slightly better than Eeyelog EHD 65 (which I think offers a good price/performance ratio), no problem to read licenseplates from 10-15m distance.

Intuitive menu, no need for user manual. Not so sure about the suction cup though, will examine it closer tomorrow.

End of one clip, beginning of next. No gap.

Last edited:
Can you post another clip with more traffic?

I think this camera might be a great deal for the price and quality for my other two cars. Time to get rid of the aged blackvue

Norway looking good today/ yesterday, allso footage look as good as what my lukas can do, if not better.

Hope you get some night footage for us too :)

Hope you get some night footage for us too :)
I've uploaded a Marcus 1 night clip. 97MB. A bit disappointing, Marcus 1 is more grainy than the Eeyelog EHD65 nightclips I recorded last year.

Theses two clips were recorded at the same location. Pitch dark.
EHD65 nightclip: 37MB. Car with regular halogen lights. Full light on. Road is dry.
Marcus1 nightclip: 32MB. Car with Xenon lights. Full lights on at 13 sec. Road (asphalt) was wet.
Since the only cource of light was the cars headlights and wet asphalt is more challenging than dry I'm not sure these two clips are comparable.

Last edited:
I've uploaded a Marcus 1 night clip. 97MB. A bit disappointing, Marcus 1 is more grainy than the Eeyelog EHD65 nightclips I recorded last year.

Theses two clips were recorded at the same location. Pitch dark.
EHD65 nightclip: 37MB. Car with regular halogen lights. Full light on. Road is dry.
Marcus1 nightclip: 32MB. Car with Xenon lights. Full lights on at 13 sec. Road (asphalt) was wet.
Since the only cource of light was the cars headlights and wet asphalt is more challenging than dry I'm not sure these two clips are comparable.
Sorry, I am novice, please help me, what I should do next, I can not find the file

Привет! ;)Что подсказать?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JayTee Marcus 1 10
Back