Not saving settings or G-sensor footage

Zippy1148

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted 3 x A118/B40s in my cars about 4yrs ago, and thought they were all working properly at the time.
I have just checked them and found that some settings are not being saved (audio off/g shock sensitivity etc).
I keep changing them, but after it switches off and on again it returns to default. Also, there is no folder or saved videos for G-shock activated footage. Any ideas what s going on?

the problem its in all of your cameras ? if one its keeping the settings check if the firmware its the same.

the problem its in all of your cameras ? if one its keeping the settings check if the firmware its the same.
Its happening on 2 of the 3,and they all have the same firmware. I have tried replacing the memory cards which were a few years old. Could the capacitors or some other part be failing. I know a new A119v3 is the best solution, but can't afford 3 new ones at present

All I can think of is to try the reset button, then if that doesn't do the trick reinstall the FW. As long as a cam is recording reliably it's still useful and usable- nothing lasts forever though.

Phil

I have had a camera that somehow painted itself into a corner, but a flash of the same firmware saw that problem go away.

Back