you could try and tap the camera housing to see if that harder knock make a difference.

I tried again, this time after a few taps of the housing I got the "Video Protected" voice (y)

I tried again, this time after a few taps of the housing I got the "Video Protected" voice (y)
I think it is designed not to detect doors closing, it seems to detect actual movement of the car, maybe rotation of the car.

Only G-sensor i would want are for when parked, and it should be so sensitive a strong gust of wind would set it off, or the vibrations of a semi passing close by ( assuming you are parked curbside )
I would never use G-sensor for when driving. ( if i had a say which you do not have with all cameras )

it should be so sensitive a strong gust of wind would set it off,
I don't mind the wind gust triggering recording, but not protecting the file, if the car actually moves while parked then yes, protect the file...

I only look at locked files as a marker post, otherwise i rely on low bitrate always record while parked, TBH while parked i could make do with just a picture as a marker.
But with no "flag" of a event i would have to see the damage upon getting back to my car, that is why i would also like a audio warning when i get back to my car and start it if there have been a G-sensor event while i was gone.
But just a alarm or something, i dont need a voice telling me "there are 27 events" ( in case of system not set properly or a day with real bad weather )
But still like it sensitive as door dents is my problem while parked and not actual crashes into me while parked.

I am running a Sandisk Extreme 256GB U3 A2 Card and haven't had issues yet. After upgrading the firmware I reset all settings and formatted the card in the dashcam.

Have you tried testing the card using the various tools dicussed on these forums? (eg. h2testw)

I'll probably need to test out the card, though it was working fine on other dash cams and the previous firmware; I've been switching between Samsung Pro Endurance 64gb, Samsung Evo Select 128gb, and Sandisk Extreme 128gb. Lately been hearing the chirping sound and restart recording with the Sandisk Extreme.

I'll probably need to test out the card, though it was working fine on other dash cams and the previous firmware; I've been switching between Samsung Pro Endurance 64gb, Samsung Evo Select 128gb, and Sandisk Extreme 128gb. Lately been hearing the chirping sound and restart recording with the Sandisk Extreme.
Use the SD Card Formatter to do a full format on it, sometimes this can sort out slow areas of a memory card. Format it back to FAT32 again afterwards.

I don't mind the wind gust triggering recording, but not protecting the file, if the car actually moves while parked then yes, protect the file...

My blackvue on the most sensitive g-sensor setting would trigger on strong winds, sometimes it would be a bit annoying as I had the notification set up to tell me of any events in parking mode when I drove off.

I don't think it should matter too much as I've now got a bigger card and I think the calculated recording time in low bitrate was pretty good, so in theory as long as I check over the car regularly in daylight for parking damage chances I will still have any footage.

Use the SD Card Formatter to do a full format on it, sometimes this can sort out slow areas of a memory card. Format it back to FAT32 again afterwards.

Finally had a chance to do a full format, no issues with the card, formatted successfully. I'll test the card again at a later date; currently swapped back the Samsung Evo+ for a few days and haven't had any issues of it stopping recording and restarting again on the Viofo A139 when compared to the Sandisk Extreme Plus

EVO Select/ EVO + seems to do well in the A139. I've tried 32 GB, 64GB, and 128 GB Select cards with no issues at all. Will be trying a Sandisk tomorrow ;)

Phil

EVO Select/ EVO + seems to do well in the A139. I've tried 32 GB, 64GB, and 128 GB Select cards with no issues at all. Will be trying a Sandisk tomorrow ;)

Phil
Evo+ is the older version and not as durable when used in dashcams. Something like Sandisk Ultra and Sandisk Ultra A1.

Evo Plus is the newer version and the same as Evo Select.

So, is A139 ready for release?

Leaving aside bugs (even though A129Pro is still waiting for fixes...), i'm wondering whether StationMode will be implemented (if it is already, then sorry about that) and is there any beta firmware with HDR support?

Anyone using the hardwire kit and find when camera goes into park mode the buttons on the unit are no longer operable ?

Do the buttons work again when the camera exits parking mode?
Yes they do, I always turn off the camera when parked at home but unless it's switched off while IGN is still on then it won't turn off. the A129 always allowed to be turned off even when in park mode.

Yes they do, I always turn off the camera when parked at home but unless it's switched off while IGN is still on then it won't turn off. the A129 always allowed to be turned off even when in park mode.
Ahhh, sorry, I didn't catch that this was a A139 thread. Thought it was for the A129. Is the firmware up to date?

Ahhh, sorry, I didn't catch that this was a A139 thread. Thought it was for the A129. Is the firmware up to date?
it's on A139_v1.0_1221, Viofo do not list a firmware on their website to download

Here's a link to the latest A139 FW I have, which resolves the corrupt file issue when using "auto-detect parking mode". It also causes the buttons on the cam to not function during parking mode with the HWK- I don't know if that was intentional but it's not a big issue for me. This is version V1.0_1228 LINK HERE

Phil

Back