Viewing Viofo files

WyoDriver

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 ACE (x2), GT550W, Viofo A129 Pro Duo (x2)
I'm looking at the A129 Pro Duo for a a hi rez camera but when I look through the posts and on the Viofo site I don't see any mention of a Viofo viewer to view the files on a computer. Is the Dashcam Viewer by Earthshine the only option for viewing Viofo files with PIP and GPS data or are there other methods or options I'm missing or not aware of?

My laptop is a bit elderly and running Windows 7 and and my intitial experiments with DcV don't seem to run well.

if you are only interested in the video, any software player will do, i personally use potplayer for my video viewing needs, i have also used the players build into windows ( 10 in my case )
If you want to also have the meta data going, then sure you need a dedicated dashcam player, but i am not a forensic detective so i quickly lost interest in metadata and dedicated dashcam players.
Things you mention like PIP, that just throw me off watching it, though i do some times use it for youtube uploads, but i do not watch my own videos after they end there.

DVplayer do also support several channel dashcams, but unsure if it is pip or in individual windows.

I think. using things like PIP ASO during playback will put a strain on the hardware, so if its not too good to start off with, that will probably aggravate the issue.
And i dont needs to see where i drive on a map, 90% of my driving are the same streets / routes over and over, to a level where without reviewing the files i can pretty precise say where file #6 start for instance, only timings with intersections can throw this off a little.

But of course not all drive like me, or live in a small country like me.

You can also use VLC Player but I can't find the zoom like I can use the mouse scroll wheel with Dashcam Viewer.
I've also download the files from the dashcam to my cellphone (Samsung S20+) and I can view them and even zoom into plate numbers and do a screenshot to text someone or email it.

You can also use VLC Player but I can't find the zoom like I can use the mouse scroll wheel with Dashcam Viewer.
I've also download the files from the dashcam to my cellphone (Samsung S20+) and I can view them and even zoom into plate numbers and do a screenshot to text someone or email it.
Do you download the files through WiFi, with a cord, or by removing th SD card? I also have an S20+ and am figuring out the best way to download and review video. Thought the Viofo SD reader with Samsung's OTG adapter would work but it doesnt.

I bring my whole Viofo indoors and plug the whole thing into USB3. My A119 comes on and off the mount with ease, one handed.

Saves continually ejecting and reinserting the card.

I think that's a good idea about bringing the whole unit in. Might be faster than wifi.

However, if Viofo ever adds the ability to the firmware for it to join your home network, which they did for the a129, then that might be a good alternative.

Do you download the files through WiFi, with a cord, or by removing th SD card? I also have an S20+ and am figuring out the best way to download and review video. Thought the Viofo SD reader with Samsung's OTG adapter would work but it doesnt.
The important files I will download via Wifi to my S20+ and just viewing I'll remove the card and view on the computer.

Forget WiFi, it’s a joke.
Depends on the camera, but if a file is important then it works on nearly all cameras and is decent on the better ones.

Back