70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+ vs Pro (Sony IMX335 - Hi3556 V100) - Day & Night Video Sample Comparison

JayceOoi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
70mai, BlackVue, Transcend, Viofo, Xiaomi

Hey guys, meet 70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+, which is a fully upgraded version of the Dash Cam Pro. Keeping the same high resolution of 1944P image quality, 140° wide FOV and superior night vision as Dash Cam Pro, the 70mai Pro Plus+ takes the quality to a higher level with essential upgrades on:
- Front & rear dual vision recording with high resolution of 1944P for front camera and 1080P for rear camera;
- Built-in GPS to track your exact location and monitor speed data, no need to buy a separate GPS module;
- Expanded system languages from three to eight including English, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese Traditional and Polish.

Is it just me or does the A500s look undersharpened and undercontrasted? I hope it's just firmware. There seems to be more lens artifacts (flares, streaks, etc) too. I'm definitely not convinced by the plastic lens.

Hey guys, meet 70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+, which is a fully upgraded version of the Dash Cam Pro. Keeping the same high resolution of 1944P image quality, 140° wide FOV and superior night vision as Dash Cam Pro, the 70mai Pro Plus+ takes the quality to a higher level with essential upgrades on:
- Front & rear dual vision recording with high resolution of 1944P for front camera and 1080P for rear camera;
- Built-in GPS to track your exact location and monitor speed data, no need to buy a separate GPS module;
- Expanded system languages from three to eight including English, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese Traditional and Polish.
In my opinion, the image in the right looks over sharpened an with too much contrast making the shadows too dark. I know that is a technique to make richer colors and a way to hide noise. That is what I would expect from a cinematic camera and not from dashcam where I like to collect as much detailed data as possible.

Last edited:
Back