Dead M4 plus

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i seem to have a possibly dead m4+ , iv only got a solid red and a solid green, no wifi output, not talking, and not recording, has anyone got any firmware for this camera please so i can at least try flashing it. thank you.

Did you find a way to fix this? Mine has the same issue.

Did you find a way to fix this? Mine has the same issue.
Have you tested if flashing works by creating an empty update script, or is your M4+ really dead and needs to be dismantled ?

Have you tested if flashing works by creating an empty update script, or is your M4+ really dead and needs to be dismantled ?
Found a link to firmware V3.3.1.7 posted on this forum. Tried to flash with SDcard but nothing happens. Lights remain solid red and green. No "Hello DDPai" message at startup, does not record videos, does not show up on Wifi.

Tried to flash with SDcard but nothing happens.
If it does not say "Updating", repairing M4+ will be pretty difficult (or even impossible). I have opened mine some time ago and could not visually identify the console UART testpoints on the PCB.
One can certainly find their location on a working device, but then you need to solder the RX/TX cables and hope that the SPI flash is not damaged.
Don't know if it is really worth the effort.

If it does not say "Updating", repairing M4+ will be pretty difficult (or even impossible). I have opened mine some time ago and could not visually identify the console UART testpoints on the PCB.
One can certainly find their location on a working device, but then you need to solder the RX/TX cables and hope that the SPI flash is not damaged.
Don't know if it is really worth the effort.
Yea not worth it. Don't know why it suddenly failed. It was working fine before this.

Tried contacting DDPai but never got a response.

Oh wells, ordered a VIOFO A129 Plus Duo, just wanted to see if it's possible to fix this so I can use it in my other car.

Found a link to firmware V3.3.1.7 posted on this forum. Tried to flash with SDcard but nothing happens. Lights remain solid red and green. No "Hello DDPai" message at startup, does not record videos, does not show up on Wifi.
Hi, could you point me to the link, ill try it but i think its dead, what i did notice was while i was at the pub garden having my dinner in the sun, seems like a long time ago now (still in lockdown since last year) the dashcam started recording upside down, then driving home it was perfect, then totally dead, so iv now cot a viofo a139 ready to go in, cheers.

Hi, could you point me to the link, ill try it but i think its dead, what i did notice was while i was at the pub garden having my dinner in the sun, seems like a long time ago now (still in lockdown since last year) the dashcam started recording upside down, then driving home it was perfect, then totally dead, so iv now cot a viofo a139 ready to go in, cheers.

I forgot to mention I have the M6+. The firmware I downloaded I believe is for the M6+. Not sure it it'll help but you can find it in the Google Drive link in the thread below.

Any idea where to download DDPai M4 firmware?
I forgot the password and the reset doesn't work.

Any idea where to download DDPai M4 firmware?
I forgot the password and the reset doesn't work.
The latest official version is from year 2018. Can you access the SD card over USB ?

Yes but I can't get the firmware..
Contacted Ddpai but they said they don't have.. craze..

Thanks but this doesn't work.
I heard "updating" but no password reset.

I heard "updating" but no password reset.
You can enable telnetd and login remotely, but it's a bit risky and requires some skill. I have not done it for years, but can check if you are interested.

It's kind of garbage if not fixed..
Create an update/update.sh file on the SD card with the following content
Code:
/usr/sbin/telnetd &
and restart the device. It will say 'updating' and after that you can login as root with telnet over wifi (without any password, because it is empty).

Create an update/update.sh file on the SD card with the following content
Code:
/usr/sbin/telnetd &
and restart the device. It will say 'updating' and after that you can login as root with telnet over wifi (without any password, because it is empty).
Thanks but wandering what I can do even if I log in with telnet?
I will need to find Ddpai wifi password to use Ddpai app.
Can I find the password if I log in with telnet?

Thanks again

Thanks but wandering what I can do even if I log in with telnet?
I will need to find Ddpai wifi password to use Ddpai app.
Sorry for the confusion.Put the following command into update/update.sh
Code:
cp /app/bin/hostapd.conf /mnt/sd/my_wifi_config.txt
reboot, and check the contents of my_wifi_config.txt on the SD card.

Sorry for the confusion.Put the following command into update/update.sh
Code:
cp /app/bin/hostapd.conf /mnt/sd/my_wifi_config.txt
reboot, and check the contents of my_wifi_config.txt on the SD card.
looks no /app/bin folder.
And found the file "hostapd.conf" from /usr/bin/ but no password info.

looks no /app/bin folder.
And found the file "hostapd.conf" from /usr/bin/ but no password info.
Check if the hostapd is running
Code:
ps uax > /mnt/sd/ps.txt
and which configuration file it is using.

Back