VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Under Viofo's fw 2.3, if I turn on HDR, all the 60fps selections are gone in Resolution. Only 30fps is available. With HDR turned off, the 60fps selections show up. If I select 1440p 60fps first and then turn on HDR, it changes from 60fps to 30fps automatically. The LCD shows 1440p 30fps. The video files show as 30fps on a computer.

That appears to confirm what I expected.

I remember you mentioned here before that HDR is only very good for still images.

You can see a good example of that in my screen capture above. Notice that the stationary hood of my truck looks just fine but the oncoming truck in the other lane is double exposed.

Last edited:
I will test the new firmware to see if the 60fps flickering problem at night is solved.
If not, I will use again the firmware from vvs (?) which is really nice, because recognition of numbering plates is much better compared to the original firmware.

Under Viofo's fw 2.3, if I turn on HDR, all the 60fps selections are gone in Resolution.
On firmware 2.2 from 10.29 was a wrong setting in menu which was allowing an improper HDR processing at 1440p 60FPS. Camera was converting real 60FPS to 30FPS as HDR and that HDR at 30FPS was duplicated as a fake 60FPS HDR . That was wrong because the frames were all duplicated which means even the video had 60FPS the number of frames were just 30FPS. Such result have no advantage just a stuttering video because you are watching two times the same frame.
That was wrong. In actual v2.3 firmware that problem is corrected so the HDR is as it should be: at 30FPS. This camera will never support 2K HDR at 60FPS because the IMX335 CMOS is allowing maximum 60FPS for 2K. No camera with IMX335 will allow real HDR at 60FPS.

Under Viofo's fw 2.3, if I turn on HDR, all the 60fps selections are gone in Resolution. Only 30fps is available. With HDR turned off, the 60fps selections show up.
This is very OK, it is as should be from the first time!

All credit to Viofo for continued support with updated firmware :)
It looks like that this could be the reason for people putting Viofo on the top list of Dash cam, in addition to Viofo's quality products.

Question for the experts .......

With v 2.3, that I haven't installed yet, using the 2560x1080@60, because of the reduced screen size with top and bottom black bars, does that increase the bitrate from 2560x1440@60 as less detail is being written ?

I'm very tempted with 2.3 but as 2.0 is working perfectly for me with no issues I'm wary given that 2.1 seemed to attract sound issue posts.

As far as me, the first 'test' for a dashcam is reliability of reciording. Viofo cams are as reliable as anyone's save for
Question for the experts .......

With v 2.3, that I haven't installed yet, using the 2560x1080@60, because of the reduced screen size with top and bottom black bars, does that increase the bitrate from 2560x1440@60 as less detail is being written ?

I'm very tempted with 2.3 but as 2.0 is working perfectly for me with no issues I'm wary given that 2.1 seemed to attract sound issue posts.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
;)

As long as a cam is doing what you want it to do then it's better to leave it alone. And always wait and see what others experience before installing updates yourself- that goes for everything, not just cams.

If something isn't right now, just remember that the update which is supposed to be fixing that is being done by the same people who screwed it up the first time round :eek:

Now you see the wisdom of waiting :cool:

Phil

I will test the new firmware to see if the 60fps flickering problem at night is solved.
If not, I will use again the firmware from vvs (?) which is really nice, because recognition of numbering plates is much better compared to the original firmware.
Hi.
Did you have the chance yet testing the new FW in regards to the flickering issue?
Happy Easter everyone.

One more thing.
Did anyone with the flickering issue test if it makes a difference using a build in USB port in the car compared to the official power adapter?
If it was already mentioned here somewhere and I didn’t see it, .....my bad.
=)

Hi.
Did you have the chance yet testing the new FW in regards to the flickering issue?
Happy Easter everyone.
No, sorry, I gave up. I don‘t want to test anymore. I only want a working firmware. This is why I still use the modded one.

One more thing.
Did anyone with the flickering issue test if it makes a difference using a build in USB port in the car compared to the official power adapter?
=)
built in USB will give other issues, not a suitable power source

One more thing.
=)
I tried that. Changes nothing.

Новая прошивка на оф. сайт.
Выпущена последняя версия прошивки видеорегистратора A119 V3, номер версии - V2.4 , проверьте приложение.
Есть проблема со звуком, исправил
Добавлена линия горизонта на 1 минуту

Last edited:
So the sound issue was software and not hardware as often suspected ?

Back