2021 Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this isn’t good......

A plausible scenario for "abrupt climate change" is this one. Too much fresh water in the northern Atlantic could slow or stop the Gulf Stream, which would freeze Europe.
(London is at the same latitude north that the Falklands are south.)

Scientists see stronger evidence of slowing Atlantic Ocean circulation, an ‘Achilles’ heel’ of the climate

The Atlantic meridional overturning circulation, a system of currents, is weaker than it has been in 1,000 years

Yeah i have mentioned this a few times, could actually spell a ice age for my part of the world, and no telling what it would to the remaining fish stock in the area.
The gulf current bring so incredible many BTU of thermal energy up here to my part of the world, if that stopped i would get to see winters with snow again i am sure.
Add another magnetic pole tilt, for a 1000 years or so which they seem to last, and things would not be better.

Yeah i have mentioned this a few times, could actually spell a ice age for my part of the world, and no telling what it would to the remaining fish stock in the area.
The gulf current bring so incredible many BTU of thermal energy up here to my part of the world, if that stopped i would get to see winters with snow again i am sure.
Add another magnetic pole tilt, for a 1000 years or so which they seem to last, and things would not be better.

There's been talk about such a scenario going back to James Burke's 1989 "After the Warming" but now the actual evidence is coming in.

So, is Greenland still for sale? This should bring the price down considerably. We've started a GoFundMe campaign and are awaiting a good price point to make a bid. :smuggrin:

James Burke's 1989 "After the Warming"
His history of his future and our past-current is more accurate than his history of prehistory - humans only learning to speak 10,000 years ago!

OK, he put the New York epidemic in 2022 instead of 2020, and he missed out the Australian bush fires of 2019-2020, but it is pretty accurate except for failing to see the importance of wind relative to solar.

His history of his future and our past-current is more accurate than his history of prehistory - humans only learning to speak 10,000 years ago!

OK, he put the New York epidemic in 2022 instead of 2020, and he missed out the Australian bush fires of 2019-2020, but it is pretty accurate except for failing to see the importance of wind relative to solar.

Some of Burke's science missed the mark but he was remarkably prescient. His "mockumentary" presenting approach to the piece was also controversial and he was sometimes viciously attacked for his work.

This excerpt offered up by one of today's climate change denialists showcases the sort of hatchet jobs his work endured.

"Burke makes bleak predictions about our future. He brings us a blatant propaganda piece, After the Warming, where he decides to explain how mankind is ruining the earth through the greenhouse effect."

It's a shame the YouTube version of the program you posted is of such low resolution. Allegedly a full rez version is available via bit torrent.

We are changing the map,,,,,, literally, what are your country doing.

Even in its first stage, all we need is to get the island up to 88 MPH and a flux capacitor, and then we are going back to the future.
It just tale 1.21 Gigawatt's for time travel and initial it will be 3 GW and 10 GW when fully developed, and so we could theoretically take all of the western Europe with us into the future.

source.gif

I've only just realised that your island is a "floating landmass", so maybe you can get it up to 8.8Knots :sneaky:
Also explains why it's location is not known - you can put it anywhere!

But is it technically an island, if it is floating?

Some if the islands in the video also appear to be very much conventional not going anywhere islands.
But i would put my money on floating islands.

I also was not aware we was the biggest oil producer in the EU, i think thats post Brexit.

I also was not aware we was the biggest oil producer in the EU, i think thats post Brexit.
Yes, we are being forgotten about these days, and you are by far the EU leader :)

How it used to be in the days of EU28:
1614376413645.png

Though a cold month, and also a little white stuff falling from the sky.
Then February are looking to be the most sunny one in Denmark for 35 years.

Ill take those temperatures, but not in the city, but on a lovely Indian beach i will be fine, not least if they have cute lotion girls cuz there are areas on my body i can no longer reach myself.

This has the potential to remove two of the biggest objections to electrification (recharge time and range anxiety) and get EVs on the road quicker - just need to get an infrastructure in place equivalent to the current gas/petrol stations. If it's done right and the economics are in place it might even mean that home charging units wouldn't be necessary as part of the EV purchase decision. This would be very beneficial to those unable to install a home based charging unit.

Last edited:
Well if i can fill my tank in fairly abundant places and in 5 minutes, thats okay for me (y)

A charger for a car, OMG that would be such a dangerous piece of equipment if it fail or are misused.
I have heard 500 A fuses blow and trust me you can hear that just fine at a considerable distance.

It is hard understand why this doesn’t get more attention. Serious damage to the whole planet is being caused by what may someday be recognized as history’s grandest Ponzi scheme.

Bitcoin Mining Operations in China Threaten Climate Goals

"China’s energy consumption from Bitcoin mining in 2024 will exceed the total energy consumption level of countries like Italy and Saudi Arabia"

Last edited:
I get and dont get bitcoin.

"They" say the bitcoin are a independent currency, but i am pretty sure if you could not exchange the coin you mined to USD or any other currency, no one would mine bitcoin.
The big energy spenders here are grow houses growing designer weed, pretty much always bypassing the meter, bitcoin you pretty much can not mine in Denmark due to our energy prices only surpassed by Germany.

I have never been to a Danish web site ( or others for that matter ) or any actual store that clearly indicate ( WE accept bitcoin )
I only hear of bitcoin when some company are held ransom, or in relation to other crimes. and i dont know or have heard of any person owning a bitcoin / fraction of a bitcoin

And i certainly do not get how they can exchange bitcoin to real money, if i was a bank i would have nothing to do with that stuff.

So i still say every mili-watt used on bitcoin are a waste, and i do not understand why governments do not get into this and burn that house down.

I have never been to a Danish web site ( or others for that matter ) or any actual store that clearly indicate ( WE accept bitcoin )
Kind of interesting in that one of the markets we shop at has a vending machine near the checkout lanes where you can purchase bitcoin but the store doesn't accept it for payment.

Elon Musk recently announced that he purchased $1.5 billion dollars worth of bitcoin and shortly thereafter announced that you can buy a Tesla for bitcoin. The bitcoin from Tesla sales will not be converted into dollars.

It is hard understand why this doesn’t get more attention. Serious damage to the whole planet is being caused by what may someday be recognized as history’s grandest Ponzi scheme.
How could a government do anything about it?

Maybe the United Nations can do something?

Maybe ban the sale of graphics cards :unsure:

Or introduce a personal limit on the amount of electricity any one person can consume :oops:

Here i have actually seen both 3090 cards and RX 6900XT cards available for sale, but at insane prices, like 2000 USD for a cheap 3090 and 2400 USD for a 6900XT
Most expensive is a 3090 ASUS ROG stric OC at over 3000 USD

I would never pay more than 1000 USD for any GFX card.

Read some days ago Chinese customs busted a boatload of the dedicated mining cards on their way to china from,,,,,, that new china down south.

EM pulling that bitcoin move was so disappointing to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back