VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Viofo cameras have never had a great sound. Most likely, Viofo considered that a high level of sound on the recording was more annoying than useful. Personally I agree and prefer a low sound level. In general, I keep the sound mute for some reasons quite important at least for me, probably the same for many other users.
However, I think that adding a sound level setting to 2-3 levels in the menu would be a solution that would reconcile everyone.

Viofo cameras have never had a great sound...
Not really true, the A129 has very good sound and the A139 has excellent sound. The A119 sound is good compared with a lot of other sub-$100 cameras, but there is always a trade off between loudness and distorted loud sounds and people complaining about very quiet “electronic“ noises in the background. If a modified firmware has just turned it up then some people will be delighted, and others will start complaining!

Maybe I should be emphasized as "in the past." The fact that some new models have higher levels than those in the past or even current, confirm that the difference is FW related.

I daren't post my positive feelings again as I will get trolled, again :)
Don’t let the troll win!

Everyone has different experiences and requirements, your opinions are as valid as anyone else who has used the camera, especially the trolls :rolleyes:

I daren't post my positive feelings again as I will get trolled, again :)
Awwww- you're no fun. May I please "troll" you for not posting your opinion so things can seem normal here? :ROFLMAO:

As a person with hearing problems I can say unequivocally that sound levels are a personal preference and that as @relu suggested only user-adjustability will bring general happiness. Even then some will not be happy which is also normal.

Phil

Awwww- you're no fun. May I please "troll" you for not posting your opinion so things can seem normal here? :ROFLMAO:

As a person with hearing problems I can say unequivocally that sound levels are a personal preference and that as @relu suggested only user-adjustability will bring general happiness. Even then some will not be happy which is also normal.

Phil

Volume levels are only part of the equation. Clarity and fidelity have been a primary aspect of the problem here.

I can not wholehearted comment on anything sound related, my speakers are the one build into my screen, and they are not great not even for screen speakers.
I keep forgetting to buy a descent set of headphones.

ST_MOD FWA119V3_ V2.4_20210318

When I suggested that we wait until we can all review some audio examples from your latest firmware before reaching any conclusions you replied with a sarcastic video featuring nothing but heavily distorted sound.

And now, after boasting that you fixed the audio problems on the V3 you post a video with a loud overdubbed music soundtrack? Hmmmn......:rolleyes:

And now, after boasting that you fixed the audio problems on the V3 you post a video with a loud overdubbed music soundtrack?
My video has nothing to do with boasting, it has nothing to do with sound.
I have no problem with him.
What are you waiting for?
Download from the office. site firmware and geth the result.
Why do you need someone else's data?

I just made a comparison of the stock and modified firmware to show that the stock firmware works great.
You can safely use the drain, I specifically looked for places where the drain has problems.

My video has nothing to do with boasting, it has nothing to do with sound.
I have no problem with him.
What are you waiting for?
Download from the office. site firmware and geth the result.
Why do you need someone else's data?

I just made a comparison of the stock and modified firmware to show that the stock firmware works great.
You can safely use the drain, I specifically looked for places where the drain has problems.

No thanks. Not interested in your braggadocio or distorted audio videos. You sound like a patent medicine salesman.

You sound like a patent medicine salesman.
Is this the answer of a patented healer? :)
Suddenly!!
I thought you were an advanced user, but I was wrong !!
Good luck my friend !!

Is this the answer of a patented healer? :)
Suddenly!!
I thought you were an advanced user, but I was wrong !!
Good luck my friend !!

It's remarkable that you behave like this merely because I suggested that we wait to see the results of your claim to have fixed the audio problem with the V3. Instead of simply demonstrating the result for us you post garbled audio and then engage in insults and egotistic bluster. Sad to see this kind of attitude.

Back