VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

I just thought, maybe the misunderstanding was caused by the translator ???
Again, my video is purely an video assessment of the new firmware.
The real sound has nothing to do with it.
And I do not bother anyone to wait for the weather from the sea.
I will even remove my corrected firmware.
Enjoy the official one !!

Last edited:
It all seems like quite an overreaction to a member suggesting some of us might want to hear/see an example posted here in the thread of an alleged audio fix-it to the soft/muffled sound problem we've been discussing in the V3 threads for several weeks.

There was no need to post a provocative distorted video in reply and there's certainly no reason to pull your firmware.

fix.png

Dear Viofo's support team !
the A119V3 GPS speedometer is not correct , I have checked many times on high way and see it always lower than car speedometer 7km/h to 8km/h on the speed range from 90km/h to 95km/h.
Hope you can release new firmware which added GPS option +/- xx km/h (like some GPS HUD devices)

Thanks !

It is well known that car speedos are designed to over read. My Viofo speed readout matches both my Garmin and Google Maps readout so I believe it's perfectly OK and accurate.

My test is that there are some major highway roadworks I use weekly and there is a 50mph limit protected by average speed cameras. I set cruise control to 53mph on the car which is 50mph on Garmin, Phone and Viofo.

noise floor is much lower in yours (y)
True, but I can turn the volume down on playback, then I can't hear any difference! (Apart from that made by the compression algorithm.)

Dear Viofo's support team !
the A119V3 GPS speedometer is not correct , I have checked many times on high way and see it always lower than car speedometer 7km/h to 8km/h on the speed range from 90km/h to 95km/h.
Hope you can release new firmware which added GPS option +/- xx km/h (like some GPS HUD devices)

Thanks !

The camera reporting a lower GPS speed than the car speedo do sound unusual, normally car speedos are a bit under the real speed so you can not have the car maker pay your speeding ticket.
In my car the speedo are usually 8 - 9 km/h over the speed indicated by GPS, so when i do 80 km/h on the GPS the car speedo read 89
This is the same on all my cameras and the APP on the phone i use to warn me of police mobile speed traps.

Regarding HUD devises with a option to adjust the speed, i would assume those would be the kind that get the speed from the OBD port and not the GPS versions,,,,,, but i could of course be wrong, just seem silly to have to tweak something that should be pretty exact.

I have often driven past police speed checks at the max speed allowed ( according to the GPS speed as i do not use my speedo ) and i have never gotten a ticket.
In the highway exaample of 80 km/h above, the police will ticket you if you go faster than 84 km/h, i know cuz my friend got a ticket for going 1 km/h too fast ( 85 km/h ), and he was not happy about that.

Listen to the sound and this is in a quiet room.
The official version and mine corrected.
This does sound very quiet compared to the original. Nice job!

As a voice then hear, the playback volume is not an option !!
Listen with a voice
When a voice appears, the noise chokes, then increases.
The noise reduction does not work correctly.

Based on what you are saying and demonstrating in this post the sound problem with the V3 is still not fixed.

Personally, I still believe the muffled audio and lack of clarity is a problem with the microphone.

True, but I can turn the volume down on playback, then I can't hear any difference! (Apart from that made by the compression algorithm.)
so your answer to anyone complaining about audio quality is just turn down the volume?

@vvs49

Would you be so kind and tell me where I can get your modded V2.4 from? I appreciate your work and effort very much, and it would be great if you would let us participate. Thank you!

Edit:
And one more question: Which is the preferrable resolution with the best results in terms of quality:
- HDR, 1920x1080, 60fps
- HDR, 2560x1440 30fps
- non HDR, 2560x1440 60fps

Last edited:
Would you be so kind and tell me where I can get your modded V2.4 from?
And one more question: Which is the preferrable resolution with the best results in terms of quality:
- HDR, 1920x1080, 60fps
- HDR, 2560x1440 30fps
- non HDR, 2560x1440 60fps
And the resolution is only 2K - 1440p_30 or 1080_21: 9 and only with HDR, but this is my decision and I use my modified firmware, where smears are minimized.

just wow @vvs49, I've seen some firmwares but this one beats them all. would you mind posting your optimal settings for best quality on this one? thank you :)

Back