No bluetooth button - how to save a snapshot?

Can you tell us how one operates the button ?
Exactly similar to button of mini 3, its looks also exactly same, (maybe a bit taller, I guess).

Pairing: in ddpai app, select pairing and then click button 4-5 times in a row, it pairs well.
Using : just press it once and it triggers the camera to save image and video, same video length settings used as in vibration detection.

Let me know if you need any technical info, or need some experiments run. i can help.

Exactly similar to button of mini 3
Now i got it, after reading the manual for Mini3. This bluetooth device exists only for the video button click and the mini3 button does not work for mini5.
Absolutely crazy marketing brainwash.

Btw it's possible to trigger video/photo capture event by voice. Simply use the Chinese ddpai app and enable voice control, (it's in Chinese, immediately after switching tone).
Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 1.54.32 PM.png

After this, simply say this Chinese phrase "我要拍照". I copied this to google translate and pressed the speak button.

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 1.56.09 PM.png
It worked on my mini cam every time but not on mini 5. Haven't been able to trigger it with my voice also yet, but I think should be possible.

They have updated their website now. goto https://www.ddpai.com/. If you choose English language, it will show overseas devices and details. If you choose Chinese language(use google translate), it will show all ddpai products and Chinese details.

here is details all details about mini5 Chinese versions, it talks about all features including sim dock, Bluetooth, cloud, etc. https://www.ddpai.com/service/product-support/dash-cam/135.html

This is Bluetooth button B1: https://www.ddpai.com/products/89.html

This device also has the capability to stream directly into the car dashboard, if it uses Huawei Hicar (Huawei's parallel to android auto)

Here are all upcoming cloud websites: https://cloud.ddpai.com/ I think there is something for overseas also.

Haven't been able to trigger it with my voice also yet, but I think should be possible.
"wo yao pai zhao" ?
These phrases are hardcoded (as ascii text) into the main_app binary, so you can replace them (btw, what do they mean and what is "banma" ?):
Code:
zhua pai zhao pian
wo yao pai zhao
wo yao lu xiang
da kai ping mu
guan bi ping mu
da kai lu yin
guan bi lu yin
da kai re dian
guan bi re dian
da kai wai fa
guan bi wai fa
da kai qian lu
da kai hou lu

"wo yao pai zhao" ?
These phrases are hardcoded (as ascii text) into the main_app binary, so you can replace them (btw, what do they mean and what is "banma" ?):
Code:
zhua pai zhao pian
wo yao pai zhao
wo yao lu xiang
da kai ping mu
guan bi ping mu
da kai lu yin
guan bi lu yin
da kai re dian
guan bi re dian
da kai wai fa
guan bi wai fa
da kai qian lu
da kai hou lu
1,zhua pai zhao pian

抓拍照片Snap a photo

2,wo yao pai zhao

我要拍照I want to take pictures

3,wo yao lu xiang

我要录像I want to record

4,da kai ping mu

打开屏幕Turn on the screen

5,guan bi ping mu

关闭屏幕Turn off the screen

6,da kai lu yin

打开录音Open recording

7,guan bi lu yin

关闭录音Turn off recording

8,da kai re dian

打开热点????Open hotspot

9,guan bi re dian

关闭热点????Turn off hotspot

10,da kai wai fa

打开WiFi?Turn on WiFi

11,guan bi wai fa

关闭WiFi???Turn off WiFi

12,da kai qian lu

打开前录???Turn on the front video recorder

Turn on the front View Camera

13,da kai hou lu

打开后录??Open the post recorder

Turn on the Rear View Camera

I tried talking to the camera in mandarin. Doesn't seem to register what I say. I've had enough of this voice recognition rubbish with 70Mai, so I couldn't be bothered to keep trying and trying. It's either it gets it on first go, or I disable it.

I got it from Alibaba, contacted a seller to procure it locally, and ship it to me. set back: 25 USD

set back: 25 USD
This is crazy.
Can you create an empty file named 'DDPaiDebugOld' on the exported USB disk (at the same top directory level as DCIM), reboot the dashcam and track the bluetooth pairing and click events ?
The 'main_app' program will create a 'log' directory with the timestamped kernel (like '20210419234902.klog') and user '20210419234902.log' logs.
Just look at the user log entries after pairing and clicking the BT button.
The 'video snap' event number is known, we only need to find out the details on original BT interface.
Code:
WEBSendAppSnap[1877]: in...
[VOICE_PlaySingleAud][483]: push enVoiceId=3, ret=0
HI_PDT_STATEMNG_SendMessage[689]:StateMng module InProgress:1 , pstMsg:11b00003 
PDT_STATEMNG_RecStatesMsgProc[1690]:current state(Rec_Normal), bRunning(1)
PDT_STATEMNG_RecStatesMsgProc[1696]: will process message what(11b00003)

Last edited:
This is crazy.
Can you create an empty file named 'DDPaiDebugOld' on the exported USB disk (at the same top directory level as DCIM), reboot the dashcam and track the bluetooth pairing and click events ?
The 'main_app' program will create a 'log' directory with the timestamped kernel (like '20210419234902.klog') and user '20210419234902.log' logs.
Just look at the user log entries after pairing and clicking the BT button.
The 'video snap' event number is known, we only need to find out the details on original BT interface.
Code:
WEBSendAppSnap[1877]: in...
[VOICE_PlaySingleAud][483]: push enVoiceId=3, ret=0
HI_PDT_STATEMNG_SendMessage[689]:StateMng module InProgress:1 , pstMsg:11b00003
PDT_STATEMNG_RecStatesMsgProc[1690]:current state(Rec_Normal), bRunning(1)
PDT_STATEMNG_RecStatesMsgProc[1696]: will process message what(11b00003)
sure bro. will provide both files debug files, but will do this in a few days.

I got it from Alibaba, contacted a seller to procure it locally, and ship it to me. set back: 25 USD
Ok I tried a couple of seller and they come back with "this camera has no 4G LTE bracket and no Bluetooth button". Hate to ask. Can you give the name? I want to purchase the One with 4G to try the sim cards I have and of course get the Bluetooth button. I don't know if they will sell the whole kit but I'm definitely willing to invest into it as a one time purchase and just get everything in one purchase.

Ok I tried a couple of seller and they come back with "this camera has no 4G LTE bracket and no Bluetooth button". Hate to ask. Can you give the name? I want to purchase the One with 4G to try the sim cards I have and of course get the Bluetooth button. I don't know if they will sell the whole kit but I'm definitely willing to invest into it as a one time purchase and just get everything in one purchase.
i got it from this seller on alibaba. Since aliexpress is banned in India since last year, i have been using alibaba. i would suggest you to provide them exact link of the item from ddpai. com. tell them you are willing to pay premium for shipping and procuring. better if you get anyone in aliexpress do it or try shopnship services, there are plenty.

I ask DDPAI customer service about how to snapshoot events without shaking the camera and they reply:
You can buy a remote control.

However there are only 1 Bluetooth button and it doesn't say anything about Mini 5 compatibility. So I'm confused. If I but that button, how can I pair with my mini 5? I cound't see anything on ddpai app about bluetooth pairing. Any ideas?

PS. just get another reply from OFFICIAL !!! ddpai mail service!:
Sorry,
This is not for mini5, please ask the sales man to send you the link of mini5 button.

So now I'm asking to Official DDPAI Global at AliExpress :)

Last edited:
The remote control from the Aliexpress link will not work with Mini5. I have Mini 2, Mini 3 (exact the same remote control button) and it could not be paired. If you get the right link from DDPAI support, please share it with us. Thank you

Hi, I just get reply from Ddpai:

Hello,

I am sorry, I just checked, we do not sale on Ali-express or Amazon speratly, only in mainland China taobao or JD.

I got another reply from DDPAI which is:
You can buy it from China, the snapshot button. Global version does not support voice command.
It can be delivered to the whole world.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...n=563f2eba5e6b0458f6c76671c2a5edbd&abbucket=3

I think this B1 button will not work global version of Mini 5. We should sent emails to customer service and ask firmware update to support B1 button and voice command.
You can also sent to email to feedback@ddpai.com maybe they will listen us :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N mini5 0