Unknown dashcam in recently purchased floor model Ford

WernerG

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi all,

My brother recently purchased a floor model Ford Ranger that came pre-installed with some unbranded dashcam. The cam is very neatly installed, but doesn't seem to be turning on at all. The car was used as a courtesy car by the dealership before he bought it, so I'm assuming the dashcam was installed by their fleet management tracker or something.

The wiring also confuses me, as there are two fuses being tapped into (one labeled ACC and the other B+). The ACC and B+ cables meetup outside the fuse box ANNOTATIONS.jpg as shown is this picture. One cable leads to the dashcam (multi core of the ACC and B+). One cable (labeled GND) and another cable I cant seem to figure out (see pictures).

Would anybody have any idea how to get this working?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPEG
    IMG_0220.JPEG
    375.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0222.JPEG
    IMG_0222.JPEG
    289.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0226.JPEG
    IMG_0226.JPEG
    319.3 KB · Views: 25
  • InkedIMG_0223_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0223_LI.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 26
  • ANNOTATIONS.jpg
    ANNOTATIONS.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to the forum Werner.

Two +12 V wires are a trademark of newer hard wire kits, in these the ACC wire determine of the camera should go in or out of parking mode.
Old style hard wire kits had 2 wires and G- sensor or maybe GPS in the camera determined if the camera go to parking mode or out of it, 3 wire hard wire are winning / what most use now.

What kind of memory are in the camera ? is there a slot for a memory card, otherwise that unknown wire going off to somewhere might be to a off camera storage.

I have no idea what brand that is, maybe @jokiin can give some input, he know a lot about this stuff, but he will not be here before midnight ( our time ) when it is morning in eastern Australia.

I have no idea what brand that is, maybe @jokiin can give some input, he know a lot about this stuff, but he will not be here before midnight ( our time ) when it is morning in eastern Australia.
the tooling is public, there are multiple versions of these available, impossible to know which one it is just from looking at the outside of it, probably easier to just get the Ford dealer to sort it out, it would have been fitted by one of their accessory installers

Yeah.
If it is some commercial system, maybe it would also need some form of license software to get the most out of it.
Personally i would just toss it and get something new.

Would anybody have any idea how to get this working?
At one time, JooyFact was very popular in Russia, but even these dashcams from the same manufacturer had different versions of processors and video sensors. The big topic on Jooy is here: https://videoregforum.ru/threads/jooy-a1-registrator-iz-podnebnesnoj-s-wi-fi.1891/ and the seller on Aliexpress: https://aliexpress.ru/item/32587611239.html.
The unknown cable may be designed to connect the rear camera, or something else, so you need to check if this cable has a short circuit somewhere

So that someone can help you, it is advisable to describe what happens to the dashcam when you turn on the ignition. The memory card needs to be removed, there are problems because of it that the dash does not start to turn on

Back