A139 Cable / Connector Type?

My eyes going out feel like it happened fast.
Ship officers use to call me hawk eye as i was reporting ships to them beyond the sight of their radar :)

I dont get the girls, why would they like a young man that will treat her like garbage, when a old man would treat her like a godess.

@SawMaster , @Nigel Well, I thought about mentioning it but i didn't want to offend anybody. :ROFLMAO: I'm about to pass middle-age, so indeed fairly young, but nothing for college girls. :cry:
Being short sighted helps with these things!

@SawMaster , @Nigel Well, I thought about mentioning it but i didn't want to offend anybody. :ROFLMAO: I'm about to pass middle-age, so indeed fairly young, but nothing for college girls. :cry:
Take advantage of what you have while you have it and best wishes to you (including some college girls ;)) Experience has great value, it comes only with time :cool:

Phil

Take advantage of what you have while you have it and best wishes to you (including some college girls ;)) Experience has great value, it comes only with time :cool:

Phil
You're not really old until you wake up one morning and realize you like girls but can't remember why. o_O

Christmas time! The straight ones are even better/tighter than the genuine connectors, the angled are so-so (a bit more wobble)

If anybody is interested in to just replace connectors, then you better not buy these specific models because they are designed for RG178, not for RG174 used by Viofo. But i think Adam Tech passed the quality check.

20210427_113828.jpg

EDIT:
I bought also these, both for RG174:

The 90° one doesn't look bad, connection nice and tight.

Last edited:
I ordered myself a cable for the rear camera, only the angle connector suits me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182226215809
It's okay that there is an RG316 cable, it costs little, if I throw it out! :)
Based on a quick check online it seems that the RG316 has about half the attenuation of the RG174 (regular type, Viofo uses low-loss type) so it is probably as good or might be even better. Looking forward to your results!

Phil

Just a little update, 20meters of RF1.37 doesn't work. Causes reboots and freezes. :LOL: Probably the dashcam gets something and it's not happy about it, because without signal I would assume it boots up normally without that particular channel.

Potentially a design flaw that could cause someone a headache if a faulty cable occurs (I do understand that USB in previous models is a bit harder to handle, but for coaxial it uses external serializer).

Just a little update, 20meters of RF1.37 doesn't work. Causes reboots and freezes. :LOL: Probably the dashcam gets something and it's not happy about it, because without signal I would assume it boots up normally without that particular channel.

Potentially a design flaw that could cause someone a headache if a faulty cable occurs (I do understand that USB in previous models is a bit harder to handle, but for coaxial it uses external serializer).
I guess there is not enough voltage getting through to power the remote camera, it might depend on the quality of the cable as well as the length and type.

If you are installing 20 meters then you probably have space for some much thicker cable in your, err, boat? Even articulated busses aren't 20m!

I guess there is not enough voltage getting through to power the remote camera, it might depend on the quality of the cable as well as the length and type.

If you are installing 20 meters then you probably have space for some much thicker cable in your, err, boat? Even articulated busses aren't 20m!
Yeah, probably. Even Viofo's cable max length should be 15meters so the problem will be either voltage drop or attenuation. Since it should have the same core diameter then attenuation is the answer.

Nah, I ordered 20meters because I need about 5meters for each additional camera (two A139 units) and before I cut the cable (I don't have much of spare time now anyway) I wanted to try the limit. (5m cable works, 20m doesn't, I'll try narrow it down) You don't have idea how easy is to install such cable since there is never a gap tight enough to not squeeze this tiny cable in. :ROFLMAO:

What if I'm a locomotive operator? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What if I'm a locomotive operator? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
No need for a rear camera for a locomotive, there is always a train blocking the view, and if you want to put the rear camera on the back of the train then you will need a powered extender with connectors every coach, and that will restore the full voltage.

We don't call them tractors, tractor trailer is a US thing
Comes from the UK though, we call them tractors when they are separate power units, the big ones used to be traction engines in the days of steam but they are now ballast tractors. I think "road locomotive" may just be Australia, because you are the only country to use road trains.

Two or more trailers here is a road train, single trailer is referred to as a semi trailer, fixed trucks are called rigids

Attenuation is the lessening of signal strength, speed, or both. Resistance is what causes voltage drop. These different parameters do not always correlate to each other. Resistance (voltage drop) is rather easily measured, and given a 20m length may be happening, but with the conductors (core and shield) being relatively large, I think the problem is data loss or corruption through attenuation. The easiest way to verify that would be to swap in a larger-diameter coax with less attenuation but it's use would be impractical.

Hoping that @Nath finds the time to decrease the length in increments until he finds a length which works. We have learned much already from him and it is GREATLY appreciated (y)

Phil

Attenuation is the lessening of signal strength, speed, or both. Resistance is what causes voltage drop. These different parameters do not always correlate to each other. Resistance (voltage drop) is rather easily measured, and given a 20m length may be happening, but with the conductors (core and shield) being relatively large, I think the problem is data loss or corruption through attenuation. The easiest way to verify that would be to swap in a larger-diameter coax with less attenuation but it's use would be impractical.
other brands that use this same type of cable seem to limit cable options to 15M max, perhaps that's a practical limit for reliable operation

Looking forward to your results!
I got the cable and installed it.
The rear camera does not rest on the heating conductors and it pleases!
There are no deviations in the video

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 36
Back