Which DashCam (for use in Mexico)

BeeMovieIsMyBible

Reaction score
Country
United States
Buying a dashcam for use in Mexico. I will be bringing it over in my flight over there, to replace the cheap $30 one I had to buy there.

I have tried to research, but there’s always some sort of dealbreaker (not built for heat, lack of bump detection, etc)

So my budget is $100, with room for a nudge more if it’s worth it. Looking for the following:

* Can stand the heat
* Car bump detection while parked (collision detection)
* 1080P minimum; Would prefer something higher but not a deal breaker if 1080P
* Decent audio recording
* WiFi to access the videos from my phone (iPhone has no microSD access)
* High FOV (a good bit of 5-lane roads where I am)
* Decent night-recording (driving downtown blurs a lot of license plates with my old dashcam)

This Rexing V 1seems exactly what I’m looking for, but I’ve read some stuff on firmware updates being funky but not sure what that’s about.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else had decent suggestions, if not, I’d be happy getting the Rexing V1. Just trying make sure I find the best bang for my buck.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to use parking guard " Car bump detection while parked (collision detection)" Then you also need a hard wire kit, and then it is no longer just a plug in - slap on windscreen and go setup.
And then outside temperature will have a say if or for how long that is possible, of course paired with the cur off voltage selected ( should be 12.2 volts ) and the size and state of the battery in the car

Motion blur are pretty normal in night time conditions, this is the same if it is a 50 dollar camera or a 300 dollar one, it is technology holding us back here.
It can be done but difference in speed between camera and target can not be faster than walking speed.

For sure you should only look for cameras with capacitors for emergency power, lipo batteries are not lasting long in very hot or cold climates.

As jokiin suggests, the viofo A119v3 is a nice option for the price point and the wedge stile makes more stealthy considering that you live in México where objects tend to abandone you involuntarily in some areas. HOWEVER, the A119v3 is not equipped with wifi, so using your iPhone to access the footage won't be possible.

Well I’m willing to settle for microSD card dongle.

Thank you all for your advice!
I was about to suggest the Blueskysea B4K, or a Viofo A129 Plus single channel for a little more $ so that you get wifi, but if you are happy without the wifi then the A119 V3 is the better choice, better in the dark, better for heat, better parking modes. Most people very rarely use the wifi anyway, but just occasionally you do want to access the video.

A119V3 is overall one of the best mid-range dashcams. Worlds apart from Rexing.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
Back