Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Maybe now is the time to buy an M1 before they're gone forever? I'm tempted, despite having drawers full of matchbox cameras!

About six months or so ago I stumbled across an M1( A lens) selling on eBay for $55.00 and grabbed it. Glad I did. They only had few left. I had never heard of the seller (I forget the name at the moment) but the merchandise they sold made them seem like an Electoponline365 or Digitalele889 clone.

there's a common tactic used by eBay sellers to keep listings alive, when they run out of some item they increase the price by some massive amount so that nobody will purchase and then drop it back down once they get stock, might be an indication that some more stock is coming

Maybe now is the time to buy an M1 before they're gone forever? I'm tempted, despite having drawers full of matchbox cameras!
I'm not sure, but I do know many times over the frustration and grief of not stocking up before a product became unavailable. Even if a battery version I do want a couple more- caps can come later.

Phil

I've asked Mobius if they plan to keep the M1 going for a long time

Ask them why there are no super-capacitors or batteries available. The cameras themselves seem to be in good supply.
I did mention that. In the past they have cited difficulties with shipping these items in the post which might explain the reduced availability.

I did mention that. In the past they have cited difficulties with shipping these items in the post which might explain the reduced availability.

Peter told me THEY had some issues with shipping super-caps and batteries via Eletoponline365 but that other Mobius sellers should have them available and suggested I contact them.

Apparently, Mobius intend to keep producing M1 cameras for as long as the components are available. It's still selling well, so why not?

Apparently, Mobius intend to keep producing M1 cameras for as long as the components are available. It's still selling well, so why not?
the two core components, (sensor and processor) are still available so no issue right now, which one reaches end of life first is hard to say, a lot will depend on who else is using them (same sensor and processor), they don't have enough of a market to keep them alive themselves, the component suppliers will drop a product line once once the market shrinks enough and it becomes uneconomical

@Roger, first of all, you're welcome. Happy to be of assistance! Secondly, I think buying a complete new camera was a wise choice! It should provide years of reliable use, plus we don't know how much longer the original Mobius will continue to remain available.
Whilst awaiting the arrival of the new camera, I decided to buy a new SD card for the new camera & at the same time try it in the old camera to see if "maybe" that was the issue.... no such luck. It worked very briefly & then displayed the same issues as the old one.

I formatted the new card (64 GB) in the old camera before my "experiment".

Much, much to my pleasant surprise, the new camera arrived today !! Again to my surprise, the package showed the shipping from Markham, Ontario, Canada....Seems like Digitalele889 may have a Canadian distributor....

So, I'm about to set up the new camera and have a question about the SD card :

Given that I already formatted it in the old Mobius camera, do I need to format it again in the new camera ???

Also, is it as simple to set up the new one as 1) charging the battery, 2) installing the SD card and 3) setting the parameters ?

Again thanks in advance for any & all help = Roger

Whilst awaiting the arrival of the new camera, I decided to buy a new SD card for the new camera & at the same time try it in the old camera to see if "maybe" that was the issue.... no such luck. It worked very briefly & then displayed the same issues as the old one.

I formatted the new card (64 GB) in the old camera before my "experiment".

Much, much to my pleasant surprise, the new camera arrived today !! Again to my surprise, the package showed the shipping from Markham, Ontario, Canada....Seems like Digitalele889 may have a Canadian distributor....

So, I'm about to set up the new camera and have a question about the SD card :

Given that I already formatted it in the old Mobius camera, do I need to format it again in the new camera ???

Also, is it as simple to set up the new one as 1) charging the battery, 2) installing the SD card and 3) setting the parameters ?

Again thanks in advance for any & all help = Roger

You don't really need to reformat the card if your other camera did a proper job of it but it wouldn't hurt to do it anyway. @Harsh kind beat me to the post but I would suggest following his advice.

Hello. I resurrected a Mobius one that had gone into water during a rally car crash. The plastic case of the camera was going sticky and turning a little grey.
I found, after splitting the case that washing the case with methylated spirits and kitchen paper, then washing it again with metho and tissue gave me back a smooth non sticky black plastic case.
Don't drown it in metho. It seems the interior was not as badly affected. Didn't take a before pic. Please see attached after pics.
Cheers
Ross

Attachments

• Mobius 1.jpg
    Mobius 1.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 5
  • Mobius 2.jpg
    Mobius 2.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mobius Cleaned.jpg
    Mobius Cleaned.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Mobius End.jpg
    Mobius End.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks , reminded me to clean up the sticky black cases on my mobius 1 .

I've never had a sticky case on any of the ten Mobius cameras I've owned. That doesn't mean it never happens, as there have been a number of reports over time and they keep showing up now and again. My suspicion is that there was a bad batch or two along the way where the silicon coating goes bad. I speculate that if we could find out when all the sticky cased Mobius' were purchased they would all be somewhere within the same time frame. But who knows?

FWIW, you can buy a replacement case for the Mobius, although the price has gone way up since last I checked.

https://www.banggood.com/Replacemen...y-p-918013.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search

Hello. I resurrected a Mobius one that had gone into water during a rally car crash. The plastic case of the camera was going sticky and turning a little grey.
I found, after splitting the case that washing the case with methylated spirits and kitchen paper, then washing it again with metho and tissue gave me back a smooth non sticky black plastic case.
Don't drown it in metho. It seems the interior was not as badly affected. Didn't take a before pic. Please see attached after pics.
Cheers
Ross
A trophy for me. "You really, really love me"-paraphrase Sally Field.

I've got an issue with my Mobius (V3 Lens C), previously has been running well for years.

Now the sound pulses, I thought it could be something to do with the super capacitor, I have tried with it's battery and a new super capacitor - no change.
Must be 2-3 times a second and interupts the sound recorded...
Different power supplies make no difference.
any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks

I've got an issue with my Mobius (V3 Lens C), previously has been running well for years.

Now the sound pulses, I thought it could be something to do with the super capacitor, I have tried with it's battery and a new super capacitor - no change.
Must be 2-3 times a second and interupts the sound recorded...
Different power supplies make no difference.
any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks
Does the sound pulse if you record using just the battery, without any external power?

Back