A139 New Accessory

Investment casting is a big thing now, and there's zillions of alloys used including semi-ferrous metals. Probably made that way, and the metal selected for economical stiffness since thickness is enough to resist bending.

Phil
I don't think it is cast, looks like a strip of mild steel bent into shape, probably on an automatic bending machine, and then powder coated. Can't be mild steel though since that would be very magnetic.

With my replacement camera, Viofo is sending me the lock and updated cables meant for lock. I'm mostly interested in the interior cable. I'm not going to bother undoing my entire install to redo the rear cable. Too much work.

I'll take pictures of the new cables and post once I receive. That'll be a few weeks I imagine from China..

My main sentiment is that the lock protects:

1. SD Card
2. Interior Camera
3. Main unit power cord

Pretty much the camera is going to capture anyone tampering with these cameras, assuming they don't eject the SD card.

I don't think it is cast, looks like a strip of mild steel bent into shape, probably on an automatic bending machine, and then powder coated. Can't be mild steel though since that would be very magnetic.
Yes, it seems to me like a strip bent into a shape. Here I tried to take some shots (maybe too much macro :LOL: ).
_DSC2440.JPG_DSC2441.JPG_DSC2443.JPG

I'll take pictures of the new cables and post once I receive. That'll be a few weeks I imagine from China..
Ehm hello? You already have the updated cables suitable for the lock. Not only my assumption based on the shape, Viofo even confirmed it for me.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/not-a-happy-camper-with-the-a139.44821/page-2#post-548887
therm-jpg.56953

Good pics. Yes, that piece is a bent strip, not cast. I'm still curious about which metal it is with the low magnetic properties. Stainless can be like that but is generally used only where necessary due to cost and due to it's tougher machining/drilling properties. Doesn't matter as long as it works well :)

Phil

Yes, it seems to me like a strip bent into a shape. Here I tried to take some shots (maybe too much macro :LOL: ).
View attachment 57195View attachment 57196View attachment 57197

Ehm hello? You already have the updated cables suitable for the lock. Not only my assumption based on the shape, Viofo even confirmed it for me.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/not-a-happy-camper-with-the-a139.44821/page-2#post-548887
therm-jpg.56953

Not according to Viofo Support. Supposedly they redesigned the cables after sending me the right angle cable to straight cam cable. I guess I'll see when I get replacement camera.

Not according to Viofo Support. Supposedly they redesigned the cables after sending me the right angle cable to straight cam cable. I guess I'll see when I get replacement camera.
geshreshe.png
But we will see.

Beats me....Viofo's support is hit or miss. Only quoting what they told me, but we shall see I guess. Hoping I have right cables. I plan to swap out the interior cable as part of my testing. Since the one I got isn't as snug as the rear cable. That rear cable takes a LOT of force to remote. Interior pulls out with much less. Not that interior is loose by any means but ay snug is better.

Not sure I'll get my lock for few weeks. Since package was just sent out. I guess once it arrives, I'll update thread if cable is indeed any different.

Beats me....Viofo's support is hit or miss. Only quoting what they told me, but we shall see I guess. Hoping I have right cables. I plan to swap out the interior cable as part of my testing. Since the one I got isn't as snug as the rear cable. That rear cable takes a LOT of force to remote. Interior pulls out with much less. Not that interior is loose by any means but ay snug is better.

Not sure I'll get my lock for few weeks. Since package was just sent out. I guess once it arrives, I'll update thread if cable is indeed any different.
Yeah, I was about to edit my post to mention that replacing the cables is probably a good option to have afterall since you'll be able to exclude also wire issues eventually.

Yeah, I was about to edit my post to mention that replacing the cables is probably a good option to have afterall since you'll be able to exclude also wire issues eventually.

I'll only replace interior, since the rear has never done anything funny. But ya between swapping out interior + new camera we shall see.

I'm still running tests on current unit. Not sure if you saw, but I got a strange result yesterday and want to try see what happens. I.E. camera shut off but no corrupted video on firmware 1.6. Only did 1 test so further testing will show. Be interesting if this turns out to be a firmware bug but too early to tell

Back