Which Fuse is Best for Blackvue B-124X External Battery? Pictures Included.

SpaceBunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Screenshot (67).pngScreenshot (70).pngFuse-tap-ATO-fuse-FTA-20A.png

1st picture is my car's fuse panel layout. Does it seem like fuse #15 is the best option with 20A? Or which fuse would you recommend instead?
2nd picture is the Blackvue B-124X external battery's specs. I'm using this battery pack to power the BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE.

Also, the fuses are vertical as seen in the first picture, so when I'm plugging in the ACC fuse tap, which direction does the red wire should be, up or down? Thank you in advance. I don't want to mess up my mum's car :)

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like # 15 should be fine to connect.

In order to determine which pin in the fuse box is hot, you need to connect the fuse splitter with only one additional / top fuse and check the voltage with a multimeter or LED probe in different positions - red wire up and down

Yes, it looks like # 15 should be fine to connect.

In order to determine which pin in the fuse box is hot, you need to connect the fuse splitter with only one additional / top fuse and check the voltage with a multimeter or LED probe in different positions - red wire up and down
So if I test fuse #15 with a multimeter while the car is on and there's power output on the top slot ~12V and 0V at the bottom slot then the ACC fuse tap would be oriented with the red wire pointing down, right?

Screenshot (68).png

Back