Blackvue 900x 1 min video segment

Neeraj94

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just upgraded my blackvue 650s to 900x but for some reason i cannot change the video segment length to longer than 1 minute. Its locked out. Anyone have a workaround?

IIRC, you're locked into 1 min segments if you run at the highest video quality level. You can try reducing the quality to see if other options become available.

IIRC, you're locked into 1 min segments if you run at the highest video quality level. You can try reducing the quality to see if other options become available.

That is correct, one minute, not changeable. Some older BV cams could, not the newer ones.

Changing the CODEC type and/or resolution also has no effect on video length.

That is correct, one minute, not changeable.

Ah interesting, thank you. So that's why they've placed the limits and even started removing the ability from newer dashcams/firmware versions.

As the others have said, the files for BlackVue are locked to 1 minute interval.

Very common for dash cams to segregate videos like this, although it's also common to give the option of 1, 3, and 5 minute intervals.

You can piece footage together quite easily using a video editor though.

I've been looking at BV sets to replace an old one I have and have a question I've asked BV but not got an answer to, and as its regarding clips may I add it on here...
My old system used to categorise clip recordings into Normal; Event; and Parking Event. Regarding the first two, when an Event was triggered it captured the preceding 30secs of normal recording and then recorded until event was categorised as over.
Therefore, if I wanted to edit multiple clips together it was fine merge two or more from Normal, but if there was an Event in the journey then I had a a duplicate segment from the capture when the event was triggered.
I sought of thought I could overcome this by setting Normal recording all the time and turning off Events, so I asked BV if that was possible but no reply has come back.
I'm sorry if this doesnt sound clear. I want to edit together multiple journey segments to record a journey without finding duplicate segments which make the editing a hassle.
Thanks for any help...

Unfortunately, it's not possible to fully turn off impact detection in continuous recording.

I've been looking at BV sets to replace an old one I have and have a question I've asked BV but not got an answer to, and as its regarding clips may I add it on here...
My old system used to categorise clip recordings into Normal; Event; and Parking Event. Regarding the first two, when an Event was triggered it captured the preceding 30secs of normal recording and then recorded until event was categorised as over.
Therefore, if I wanted to edit multiple clips together it was fine merge two or more from Normal, but if there was an Event in the journey then I had a a duplicate segment from the capture when the event was triggered.
I sought of thought I could overcome this by setting Normal recording all the time and turning off Events, so I asked BV if that was possible but no reply has come back.
I'm sorry if this doesnt sound clear. I want to edit together multiple journey segments to record a journey without finding duplicate segments which make the editing a hassle.
Thanks for any help...

Don't hold your breath waiting for BV to answer your questions. They're not that responsive to random users asking about features.

You can get the PDF manual to peruse at your leisure here: https://blackvue.com/downloads

The 900X has 4 file types for non-fleet users: Normal, Event, Parking, and Manual.

The Event mode records the trigger event plus the previous 5 seconds of video before the event and lasts 65 seconds total. An impact in Parking Mode is logged as an Event.

All the Normal and Event recordings happen in line. There is no duplicate Event and Normal recording (except the first 5 seconds of any Event recording capture).

In normal driving, a Normal video clip begins recording every 61 seconds. If an Event recording is triggered, the Normal recording stops and a new Event recording begins where that last Normal recording ended (plus the 5 second overlap). That Event recording continues on for its full 65 second cycle. After that, normal recordings start again every minute until the next Event recording is triggered, and so on. Every Normal event video that occurs before an Event video will therefore be something less than one minute long, depending on when the Event recording was triggered.

The attached screenshot of my most recent video list with its timestamps should illustrate that for you nicely. Read the timestamps from bottom to top.

Note also that while you can turn off Parking and Normal recording modes, you cannot completely turn off Event recording mode. You can, however, control when it records an event by adjusting the sensitivity settings in the firmware. Sensitivity settings in Parking mode and Driving mode are configured separately in the firmware, so you won't lose parking mode utility if you do this. If you don't want Event recordings while driving, just jack the sensitivity to min to reduce them as much as allowable.

If you don't want to see Event recordings, you can filter them out in the file list view, but you wouldn't want to, since they don't overlap and you'd then have time gaps in your series of videos.

The BV SD Card Viewer software is decent, but it won't combine/edit/export files for you. The ability to do that in built into Earthshine's Dashcam Viewer, and John just added support for this cam last week. Works like a champ.

Capture.GIF

Last edited:
Back