A139 parking guard thread ( comments - flaws - requests post here )

I have not checked the options for the parking mode timer, i think 30 minutes are the shortest one, but i will have a look tomorrow / later today when i get up, the MAX timer value might be 24 hours, thats what it is on another brand camera i have.
The timer setting are remembered and applied every time parking mode start, so in my case i always get the 1 hour selected.
if you should need longer one day you can always change the setting before you turn off your car, but in my case 1 hour is fine, but nice to know the option are there for more if needed.

Depending on the state and of course size of your car battery you probably will not get more than 12 / 24 hours or so of parking guard if you use the minimum recommended low voltage cut off of 12.2 volts.
you of course have to drive enough to replenish the battery, and while car batteries can initially charge very fast, just like phones ASO when it is nearing full the charge rate will be lowered significantly.
But that is of course just near the very top of the battery capacity, but exactly how near i can not tell, i would assume it is just the last few %
so if your drive to and from work are just minutes it might be a problem, but i think a hour or so of daily driving should top up what you have used at work.

As you have CCTV at home ( smart guy, me too ) you will not need dashcam parking guard there, problem is right now to torn off the camera you will have to do that on the button before you turn off your car, cuz if you dont and the camera enter parking mode, then you cant turn it off any other way than pulling the power plug.
My other camera will turn off just fine just long pressing a button while it is in parking mode, we will also get this implemented on the A139 as the other way are annoying, better to stop car - get enter parking guard announcement - long press button to turn off.

Thanks, would appreciate the check.

I updated the app yesterday, but haven't driven in a few days. I will check it out later today as I have some business to tend to away from home.

Phil

@colinh the options in the timer are off - 30 minutes-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-12-24-48 hours.

@kamkar , I had a quick question regarding the A139 2CH that I was hoping you could answer. I tried looking through the manual but it's pretty barebones.

1. If the parking timer is set to on and set at 48 hours, does the dashcam still stop working once it reaches the cutoff voltage ( 12.2V say)?

2. Can this device go onto park mode with an external battery like the NEO Cellink? The viofo manual says that it's not possible but that seems crazy since not everyone has a large enough battery.

3.Might be a dumb question but on parking mode, is it possible to wire it in such a way that the dashcam first uses the battery from the NEO Cellink and once that's dead, use the vehicle's battery to keep it going?

My use case over the next few months would include using the car in parking mode for 1-2 days ( 24-48 hours ) and then driving for about an hour continuously. This has complicated matters.
Thanks for the help.

@kamkar , I had a quick question regarding the A139 2CH that I was hoping you could answer. I tried looking through the manual but it's pretty barebones.

1. If the parking timer is set to on and set at 48 hours, does the dashcam still stop working once it reaches the cutoff voltage ( 12.2V say)?

If you have voltage cutoff set to 12.2 (50% battery), the car SHOULD shut off when it hits 12.2 or the timer mode of 48 hours.
2. Can this device go onto park mode with an external battery like the NEO Cellink? The viofo manual says that it's not possible but that seems crazy since not everyone has a large enough battery.

Yes, it's supported. You would need to select the Spliced Viofo 3 Wire Hardwire kit with USB C

3.Might be a dumb question but on parking mode, is it possible to wire it in such a way that the dashcam first uses the battery from the NEO Cellink and once that's dead, use the vehicle's battery to keep it going?

My use case over the next few months would include using the car in parking mode for 1-2 days ( 24-48 hours ) and then driving for about an hour continuously. This has complicated matters.
Thanks for the help.

Not possible. You have to wire cable to either fuse box or battery pack. One not both. If you want extended record times, you can daisy chain multiple battery packs together to extended the length of recording time.

The cellink neo charges while car is running, and then uses battery after ACC is disconnected.

If you have voltage cutoff set to 12.2 (50% battery), the car SHOULD shut off when it hits 12.2 or the timer mode of 48 hours.

Yes, it's supported. You would need to select the Spliced Viofo 3 Wire Hardwire kit with USB C

Not possible. You have to wire cable to either fuse box or battery pack. One not both. If you want extended record times, you can daisy chain multiple battery packs together to extended the length of recording time.

The cellink neo charges while car is running, and then uses battery after ACC is disconnected.

Thanks for answering the questions I had, @HonestReview!

The viofo manual says that it's not possible but that seems crazy since not everyone has a large enough battery.
You can not use A139 for parking mode with a power bank with USB 5V output because the A139 USB-C cable is a special cable.

You can not use A139 for parking mode with a power bank with USB 5V output because the A139 USB-C cable is a special cable.
I should've been clearer. I meant the Cellink Neo Battery pack and not necessarily the USB Power Banks we use for mobile phones.

Per my reply to him, the Cellink Neo does support the A139 with a USB-C Hardwire Kit.

@kobekickslick no the low voltage overrule all other settings in regard to parking guard duration, the low voltage are also set on the box in the hard wire kit.

SRY for the late RPLY i have been at my friends place doing the friend thing, pretty tired from field work and old age, and as the sun have been out in force both days i look liked a boiled shrimp :)

I have just bought Viofo A139 (3ch) (Interior Camera not connected yet). I also bought Viofo hardwire kit. I have connected the Battery wire (Red) to "ECU-B No.2" fuse and ACC wire (Yellow) to "CIG&P/OUTLET". Have set Parking Mode to "Low Bitrate Recording", but it turns off 2 minutes after I have turned off the car. Please see attached images of my settings. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210704-163509_VIOFO.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-163509_VIOFO.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SmartSelect_20210704-163541_VIOFO.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-163541_VIOFO.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SmartSelect_20210704-163615_VIOFO.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-163615_VIOFO.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 7
  • SmartSelect_20210704-163636_VIOFO.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-163636_VIOFO.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210704_154925.jpg
    20210704_154925.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the forum KPK.

You are probably driving a car with canbus or some other smarts in the wire harness, this complicate install of things like hard wire kits for dashcams.
As it is winter down your way i doubt it is heat that do it, and so fast, and if it do it after 2 minutes every time, it is probably some smart in your wires that do it.
My advise would be to try another fuse for the 12 V battery / always on fuse, you can also try and test the one you use now after some minutes where something shut off, personally i use a cheap LED probe from the dollar store.

I can see you have the parking mode timer set to off, this mean parking mode will be on until the camera hit the cut off value you have selected on the hard wire kit.

What car do you drive ?

Welcome to DCT @KPK :)

It seems that the 'bat' wire is connected to a fuse whioch is dropping power after you switch the car off. It's a common problem with today's cars having computer-controlled power schemes. You need to try tapping power from another circuit.

Phil

Suggested Fuses: Red Circle for Battery. Yellow for ACC.

Those should work I believe.

Untitled.jpg

Have.

Regarding BlackVue comparison, as you know, Viofo have different settings for G-Sensor in Parking Mode and in driving mode. Parking Mode needs just one more option.
Blackvue has different settings for G-sensor in parking/normal mode as well. I set "10" for each plane in parking and 0(off) for normal mode because 1 was way too sensitive.

Anyway, I'm not talking about user friendly "Low/Medium/High" level, i'm talking about Gs. Take an example GMA302 used in A129Pro - it's 16G sensor, the resolution is 256 LSB/g, means theoretical 4mG/digit (not to mention there is 2mG/°C temperature tolerance) and it also depends on sample rate and the way of filtration. That's not that much superb sensor.

Let's say we need a range of 0.2G (with effective resolution of 10mG/digit, means more like something about 0.5mG/digit = 2000LSB/g) for parking mode, 1G for normal mode and i completely missed that you need a sensor which is also at least able to withstand an accident which could be in range of 10-100G (we don't need to measure it but it should be able to survive...). That is a bit different sensor. But i have to admit that it depends on vehicle - something with more stiff suspension probably wouldn't need such resolution.

But don't get me wrong i would be also really thankful for supersensitive G-sensor in parking mode and more than happy to have such thing in A139.

Okay you can then turn it off while driving, but some seem to prefer having it on, though i do not know why. Main thing is to make product that can make as many people happy.
For me, it's the fact that if you crash in a serious accident, you could end up unconscious or even in hospital and everybody around you will think about how to get you to safety. Who's gonna click the event button for you before the camera overwrites it and possibly erase out of existence the only evidence of your innocence..?
Even in a minor accident, at least for me, would be the most important thing to manage the situation properly and i could forget to save the video - there are more bizarre reactions of people after accidents than just forgetting to hit a button :D .
Just a little update for anybody interested. According to what A139 reports, it should use DA380 accelerometer which, if this is the right datasheet, looks like a fairly decent sensor. It should be able to set a much higher sensitivity in parking mode than in my example from A129Pro. A reason for spam-bomb Viofo's ticket inbox..? :p

I would definitely appreciate a bit more sensitive setting for parking mode.

Last edited:
Indeed, for parking the G - sensor can not be sensitive enough.
And not a problem with A139, but this will only work on rigid mounted systems, my DR that is just draped in its wires over the transmission tunnel in my car, well the car will have to be hit hard to register that, like getting shifted 0.5 M from where it is parked.
I have tested all other G - sensor test moves but nothing worked, but drop a match stick on the main unit ( high sensitivity ) and it went off alright.
So a "install"! like i have on my DR system, well it is no good for G - sensor, at least not very little values, and thats what i would like to trigger when parked. and i can assure that the DR G - sensor is just as good as anyone else, just my "install" it is absolutely no good in that way, but i can also imagine with actual proper installs some places in a car it might be a problem.

I have been contemplating if for remote systems like the SG9663DR it would be better to have a remote G sensor, maybe build in with the GPS antenna, cuz if you mount the camera deep in the car, chance are you are not going to mount it to something very rigid.
For instance my initial idea of mounting it to the back of the glove box ( plastic ) thats not very rigid, down in that area you would pretty much have to "bolt" it to the firewall then.

The very best option would be to have a G sensor installed in each door fixed to the back side of the of the doot metal, that would sense every parking lot ding i am sure.
But of course this complicate install a lot, and would not make the system cheaper, BUT ! it would be highly effective for sure.

Last edited:
I would definitely appreciate a bit more sensitive setting for parking mode.
Agreed completely. I think they need to shift the whole range of settings for parking mode to be more sensitive; driving settings are good as-is.

Phil

Back