SG9663DR Installations

I have the av output going to the tv-in of my center console. The image appears to have some noise. Would a ground-loop isolator help with this? I've used them for audio but never tried with video, especially since it's not common to see one that supports three-channel (stereo+video).
Cable type and quality might have an impact on the end result, cable routing may have an influence on the result also

I found a more secure and tidy way to install the DR main unit. I have run the cables underneath the boot floor, and mounted the main unit within a cubby hole with door access. The DualLock sticks really well to the fabric liner.

y4mhyfNoSCd9HuvGHX15P-wH7s9BTlFBZ29xkmxzEwUaImcgfPrS9MYhtWP2nvLWIguJnCSyHW-K5ab_ecCV_0OpXzqUhtPQgOJ-KmxsW1s3lSSfTkIxdZLjM83lcUoa0peM6VWmEMstJcGh6u36h36N2hQimEtcXXhRzwtWs6D19Lks4JXAVeAcflD_DG0_Oc0

y4m6AYte75PZv69c9fxfsVx3IOwEGcu20u-iGHyaaDwX9WLoHSKLzya4TKAy_qcxELi7qmIuYD-oPpvd-NXqkBqfX1rV6dZyGHsp2NouqQTejeCwqOokHyPnZ_rA8B70Jl_Ag-iixy7_H4CU2d-qBe-YNAw5wfVg2yG-Q1GTjt8tIVlKmevlpSFmCooPVKbMFj5

y4mvDXy3eEJ7UniqPExqds7KY1DE_SoUhfD0B6XUNXtRdBIHcqcoMc4sU2gB-REIfaHCBqfeRQwBFwLGEHqBQ2s7Fv70z7p0nBRmyneoTKnsya3O7J8w_NnNjk-LqsErtk92aRO8rLlP1qVu1EZqz8BC5Fu_aI0EPcSOa7EA_a0UmThvSSfOqqGkprqgHJSlGgY

Notice how the cabling with the DR mounted to the left rear vent pane is slightly more awkward than on the right door above.
This could be alleviated if the non-sided USB-C was used instead of the old mini-USB plugs and sockets, but no huge deal.

Now must go for a drive and replay footage to fine tune the position of the dashcams and angulation of the lenses.

I wonder why I did not come up with this idea four years ago with the SGZC12RC?
It has slightly inferior low light video, but for side cameras, we don't need that much low light quality anyway.
I remember four years ago, I kept on trying to mount the RC on the moving [open/close] rear window square glass pane, and this led to thinking about suction cups, hence Vicovation and Dod dashcams that were available OEM with suction cups.
Side dashcams should have been mounted on the rear vent pane glass all along, because these panes are fixed, and cabling to the rear door's vertical edge is easy.

View attachment 52703
Your garage floor has wood laminate flooring? I suddenly feel like a second-class citizen (just kidding!). That looks really sharp! How does it hold up to hot tires?

Your garage floor has wood laminate flooring? I suddenly feel like a second-class citizen (just kidding!). That looks really sharp! How does it hold up to hot tires?
gee, you wouldn't want to spin the wheels in there, bye bye floor.

gee, you wouldn't want to spin the wheels in there, bye bye floor.
I have to say I don’t think I’ve ever done a burnout in my garage. I need a bigger garage :LOL:

For those that own this dashcam, how are you liking it still? I have a Thinkware F750 that I've yet to hook back up to my new car, and with the heat here in AZ, dual remote has been my ideal setup for a while. Gotta plan on giving a less than subtle hint to the wife for a potential Christmas/birthday present.

Running strong in my car, primary system front & rear.

For those that own this dashcam, how are you liking it still? I have a Thinkware F750 that I've yet to hook back up to my new car, and with the heat here in AZ, dual remote has been my ideal setup for a while. Gotta plan on giving a less than subtle hint to the wife for a potential Christmas/birthday present.

The DR will be extra heat resistant for AZ, especially when the DVR is out of the direct sun. (Glovebox etc). I use the DR as my primary dashcam in south Florida.

Never admit publicly that you ever threw out any form of outdated/obsolete/useless geegaws or doodads. That's grounds for revoking your membership in the TechNerds club. :LOL:
I'm a sinner then too, about 3 years ago I finally threw out my old Commodore 64 computer.
My wife tried to ditch it on me when we moved house 19 years ago, but I salvaged it from the skip bin of junk we were throwing out.
She only found out when were unpacking at our new home 1400kms away. :LOL:

I'm a sinner then too, about 3 years ago I finally threw out my old Commodore 64 computer.
My wife tried to ditch it on me when we moved house 19 years ago, but I salvaged it from the skip bin of junk we were throwing out.
She only found out when were unpacking at our new home 1400kms away. :LOL:
I hear you. It was about 3 or 4 years ago I finally broke down and threw out my stash of 5.25" and 3.5" floppy disks and USB drives for them. (It's really tough being a pack rat.)

Commodore 64 models and the Amiga system in good shape can bring $100-300 in the collectibles market. :)

Reliability has been excellent for me. I'm in the process of moving it from front/back to side camera duty, but only because I'm testing a couple of 3CH front/rear/interior cameras.

The DR cameras are a bit bulky for side use, but it can be done.
I pretty much never have any traffic / people on my rear seat, and least of all any kids that might play with a camera within reach.
But compared to the K2S cameras i am using on the side the DR ones are HUGE

The DR cameras are a bit bulky for side use, but it can be done.
I pretty much never have any traffic / people on my rear seat, and least of all any kids that might play with a camera within reach.
But compared to the K2S cameras i am using on the side the DR ones are HUGE
Compared to the A129 Duo that I was using previously for side cameras, the DR cameras are more compact.
Mine are installed on fixed side windows behind the rear doors, so quite out of the way.
However, I agree there is scope to make the DR cameras smaller if they were being designed for side camera operation, without including provision for a CPL

If the bigger camera body houses a bigger sensor, in all for it.

"Sadly" it is the same IMX 291 as you will also find in one or both cameras of the K2S system,,,,,, a system which i think use 8 mm lenses ( just like the old innovv C1 action camera also did )
The DR camera bodies i recon are 3 X larger than the K2S cameras,,,,, 2 X at least.

Back