Camera wont turn back on automatically after being parked

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
Hello,
So I have noticed a new issue where my camera will remain off after parked and will have to manually be powered. I have attached a video of the issue.

Any ideas?

Is that a SG9663DC, SG9663DCPRO or SG9663DCPRO+? Couldn’t tell from the video or post.

What version firmware is currently installed?

What year make model vehicle is this and which fuse slots have been tapped for +ACC and +BAT?

Is that a SG9663DC, SG9663DCPRO or SG9663DCPRO+? Couldn’t tell from the video or post.

What year make model vehicle is this and which fuse slots have been tapped for +ACC and +BAT?
It is the SG9663DC

The firmware version is at the end of the video: SG20190315_V1.39

Fuse slots are in two blanks I have on my fuse box. One always has power the other only when the car is on.

Looking at the firmware seems like I am on a older version so going to try to update it first

start by updating the firmware, you're on an old version, current version for yours is here http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-49

Okay so did firmware update still have the same issue. Tried other fuses still the same issue. I decided to check to see if it's an issue with the camera and not my car. I got my parents the same exact dashcam when I got one for them. I plugged it in my car and turned it off and on a few times. Each time my parent's camera started back up. Seems to be an issue with my cam if I had to guess. Any ideas on further troubleshooting?

Thanks

CHeck the "power input" in dashcam menu (2-wire vs 3-wire).

Edit: I checked your video at the end I can see you have 3-wire.

Okay so did firmware update still have the same issue. Tried other fuses still the same issue. I decided to check to see if it's an issue with the camera and not my car. I got my parents the same exact dashcam when I got one for them. I plugged it in my car and turned it off and on a few times. Each time my parent's camera started back up. Seems to be an issue with my cam if I had to guess. Any ideas on further troubleshooting?

Thanks
Can you try your dashcam in your parent's car, just to eliminate the power supply issue?

Can you try your dashcam in your parent's car, just to eliminate the power supply issue?
Yea that's what I did. I took the cam out of my parents and put it in mine and it worked fine.

EDIT:
Sorry, misread your post. I tried my parent's cam in my car and the camera worked fine. My parents don't have the hardwire kit in their car so I won't be able to test the issue by putting my camera in there.

I took my parents camera out and mirrored the settings to confirm it was not a settings issue and their camera did work fine in my car, I also turned it off and on a few times to ensure its not a random occurrence

Sorry to raise an old thread but I seem to be having the same issue.

Rechecked my settings and all seems fine.
If left overnight it won't power back on after the auto cutoff has kicked in. But does after being at work oddly. Powers up manually just fine.

I need to check the wiring is good but it's been in the car for a year and in a previous car for a while before that without issue.

The only recent change was I put in a different SD card as the old SanDisk one was playing up.

Did you get anywhere with yours?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Sorry to raise an old thread but I seem to be having the same issue.

Rechecked my settings and all seems fine.
If left overnight it won't power back on after the auto cutoff has kicked in. But does after being at work oddly. Powers up manually just fine.

I need to check the wiring is good but it's been in the car for a year and in a previous car for a while before that without issue.

The only recent change was I put in a different SD card as the old SanDisk one was playing up.

Did you get anywhere with yours?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

What year make model vehicle do you have and if you’re using the three wire hardwire kit which fuse slots have you tapped into for ACC and BAT?

winter4w was a sent a replacement camera and all seems to be well now.

What year make model vehicle do you have and if you’re using the three wire hardwire kit which fuse slots have you tapped into for ACC and BAT?

winter4w was a sent a replacement camera and all seems to be well now.
It's a 2015 Suzuki Swift 1.6 with keyless entry. It took a couple of tries to find suitable fuses originally for the switched feed as one I tried interfered with the locking system.
I can't recall off the top of my head what I used in the end but has been working fine for about a year until recently.
I have the cut off set to the highest setting to ensure it doesn't drain the battery too much as the systems on those cars can get a little fussy with lower voltages.

I see you’re in the UK. I would open a Street Guardian support ticket or contact your UK seller.
Thanks. I will double check the wiring and fuses when it's not raining just to make sure nothing has gone awry there and then contact Niko/SG as needed.

I wonder if your car battery might be old or undercharged, and falling below the cut-off setting? While you're into the wiring at the fusebox you might consider dropping the setting one notch to see what happens.

Phil

Try rising delay start.
Also try to reinstall the firmware.

Reinstall of firmware ( on a SG camera ) once saved my day, and the camera for the subsequent 1 - 2 years of operation.

I wonder if your car battery might be old or undercharged, and falling below the cut-off setting? While you're into the wiring at the fusebox you might consider dropping the setting one notch to see what happens.

Phil
Funnily enough I'd planned to get that checked and all okay there besides needing a good run around.
Will hopefully have a chance to have a proper fiddle some time this week.

Funnily enough I'd planned to get that checked and all okay there besides needing a good run around.
Will hopefully have a chance to have a proper fiddle some time this week.
Well I finally had some time to fiddle about with the car and cam properly. Reflashed the firmware and checked the wiring and still no luck.
Then I managed to get the car out for a good run for about 3 hours, got back and to much annoyance the battery only showed 12v despite the alternator behaving nicely.

A new battery later (the old one was only 2 years old) and things are all back to normal which is good.

Funnily enough my previous car had the battery go as well, and this too initially showed up with the dashcam playing up. Clearly a by-product of hardwiring the cam is it becomes an early warning system for failing batteries.

Back