Car alarm false triggering

Vcd097

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nextbase dash cam in my Toyota RAV4 which I plug into the 12v socket and it works well. Just recently , if I leave it plugged in overnight, my car alarm has been going off during late evening. I have taken to unplugging the dash cam every evening in case there is something strange happening with the system and I have had no alarms. Last night I forgot to unplug it and late evening the alarm triggered.
Has anyone else experienced this problem ? Better yet does anyone have a simple explanation ?

Your alarm sounds like it has a voltage drop detect function, fairly common feature, your battery may have degraded enough over time that it's reaching the point where it falls into range for the low voltage cutoff detect to start triggering

Your alarm sounds like it has a voltage drop detect function, fairly common feature, your battery may have degraded enough over time that it's reaching the point where it falls into range for the low voltage cutoff detect to start triggering
Thanks for this information which helps to explain things. The battery is nearly five years old, so I will get it checked and replace it if necessary. Thanks again.

Back