SG9663DCPRO main cam stopped working. Doesn't power on.

Beer

Reaction score
Country
United States
The main camera of my SG9663DCPRO quit working suddenly. Doesn't power on. No LEDs, no nothing.

I've tested turning on with only power plugged in (no SD), I've tested a new power cable. I've seen others report that their LED comes on for a split second, but mine does nothing. It seems to be totally dead.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try?

My vehicle is almost always kept in the garage so the device has been kept in reasonable temperature conditions for 99.9% of its life.

Purchased Mar 2019, so very likely out of warranty.

Thank you

Hve you tried another power source, like a wall charger or something ( i use those to test / play with dashcams on my computer table )

I will highlight Jon for some of his feedback @Street Guardian USA

Hve you tried another power source, like a wall charger or something ( i use those to test / play with dashcams on my computer table )

I will highlight Jon for some of his feedback @Street Guardian USA
Hi. Yes, I tested that just now.

I went ahead and filed a support ticket (#1680)

6z5r4a.gif

Hi. Yes, I tested that just now.

I went ahead and filed a support ticket (#1680)

Just respond to your support ticket minutes ago. (I’ll copy paste here since you made a post about it too)

Does the 3-wire power supply have the red LED glowing inside the top middle vent hole? See photo on page 8 here http://bit.ly/HardwireManualEN

Also test with the original 2-wire cigarette power supply. Be sure to Long press and continually hold down the power button for 20 seconds. Test with memory card left out, rear camera cable and gps cable left unplugged during all testing.

If it still doesn’t work it’s hard to say what happened, very unusual. I can offer a discounted main camera drop-in replacement worst case if it comes to that, after exhausting troubleshooting.

Just respond to your support ticket minutes ago. (I’ll copy paste here since you made a post about it too)

Does the 3-wire power supply have the red LED glowing inside the top middle vent hole? See photo on page 8 here http://bit.ly/HardwireManualEN

Also test with the original 2-wire cigarette power supply. Be sure to Long press and continually hold down the power button for 20 seconds. Test with memory card left out, rear camera cable and gps cable left unplugged during all testing.

If it still doesn’t work it’s hard to say what happened, very unusual. I can offer a discounted main camera drop-in replacement worst case if it comes to that, after exhausting troubleshooting.
Thank you.

My hardwire kit is working, since I had a SG9665GC in storage from my previous vehicle, and that is receiving power fine. The 20-second test, using the power source I have available (phone charger), didn't seem to do anything. I didn't keep the cigarette lighter power supply after I had the unit hardwired.

I responded in more detail in the ticket, we can move the discussion over there.

Back