Continuous Red Light (not recording) Nextbase 322GW

Billy1972

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had a Nextbase 322GW installed for over 6 months, however I've noticed instead of the red circle light flashing to show continued recording it now more often than not goes to continuous red and when I check my dash cam the recordings have stopped. I either have to turn the car on and off again or reset the unit. The SD card has plenty of space so not sure why it stop's recording? Any ideas? Thanks

Hello Billy,

That's symptomatic of an SD card failure or use of a non-compatible SD card.
SD cards only have limited lifespans. In our manuals we recommend formatting every 2-3 weeks to prolong the life of the card. Without this regular formatting, or if the card is non-compatible or damaged, the card could corrupt which would cause a failure of data writing.
Symptoms of SD card failure are: an audible 'alarm' tone, non-functional buttons, freezing, corrupted files on playback, image missing from files, lack of file recording etc.

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thank you Millie, the system was purchase and hard wire installed by Halfords on the 22nd April 2021.

It has a Nextbase 32GB U3 MicroSD card purchased and installed with the unit on the same day.

I've formatted the card at least 3 or 4 times since purchased.

No rear camera on a single front facing dash cam.

I’ve recently had same issue with my 422gw, it only happened when I recently done the latest firmware update prior to that on the old firmware it was working like clockwork. So I can only put it down to the latest firmware has bug issues? As I’ve been using the same Samsung evo 128gb sd cards for a few years now without no issues

As above ...... Samsung Evo Plus, mine has also been rock solid for many years.

So this would do the job?

Samsung Evo plus 128GB Micro SD SDXC Class 10 memory card U3 100MB/S (MB-MC128HA APC)​

Here is mine :

This post is dated Oct 2018 and the same card is still going strong, never missed a beat.

I always get my Samsung evo memory cards from: mymemory

very well priced, this is my preferred go to website otherwise I know other forum members use: scan

I always get my Samsung evo memory cards from: mymemory

very well priced, this is my preferred go to website otherwise I know other forum members use: scan

Ordered mine from Amazon, so should be delivered tomorrow and i'll test it out.

Samsung Evo plus 128GB Micro SD SDXC Class 10 memory card U3 100MB/S (MB-MC128HA APC)

If direct from Amazon then it should be fine. If an Amazon Marketplace seller then test with h2testw is a must.

Thank you Millie, the system was purchase and hard wire installed by Halfords on the 22nd April 2021.

It has a Nextbase 32GB U3 MicroSD card purchased and installed with the unit on the same day.

I've formatted the card at least 3 or 4 times since purchased.

No rear camera on a single front facing dash cam.
Hi Billy,

As your SD card is covered by our warranty, we can replace this for you.

We do not suggest using Samsung EVO SD cards within any Dash Cam as the card's warranty is voided when used within a Dash Cam. The manufacturer confirms this online here:. https://www.samsung.com/uk/memory-storage/evo-plus-microsd-card-with-sd-adapter-100/MB-MC64GAEU/
Under the warranty section of the page: '* Warranty does not extend to dashcam, CCTV, surveillance camera and other write-intensive uses. *'

If you could direct message me a photo of the Halfords receipt, your full name and address, I'll get a replacement SD card sent to you. Don't forget that we advise formatting the SD card every two weeks within the camera.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Billy,

We do not suggest using Samsung EVO SD cards within any Dash Cam as the card's warranty is voided when used within a Dash Cam. The manufacturer confirms this online here:. https://www.samsung.com/uk/memory-storage/evo-plus-microsd-card-with-sd-adapter-100/MB-MC64GAEU/
Under the warranty section of the page: '* Warranty does not extend to dashcam, CCTV, surveillance camera and other write-intensive uses. *'

If you could direct message me a photo of the Halfords receipt, your full name and address, I'll get a replacement SD card sent to you. Don't forget that we advise formatting the SD card every two weeks within the camera.

Kind regards,
Millie
Thank you Millie I haven't ordered the Samsung SD card so your offer of a replacement Micro SD card under warranty is appreciated. I will message you directly now.

Hi Billy,

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie, i'm struggling to locate where to send you a message? Can you message me so that I can respond with the receipt and all the info you require? Thanks

Hi Im new to this site....I have a issue with my Nextbase 322GW not recording to the SD Card...( 64GB Nextbase card) I replaced the card and battery a few months ago the dash cam will only record for 10seconds, can anyone advise..

Regards

Will...........

Welcome to the forum Will.

That sound not right at all, you shouldf contact nextbase, they sadly stopped their presence in here

Hi, I've had a Nextbase 322GW installed for over 6 months, however I've noticed instead of the red circle light flashing to show continued recording it now more often than not goes to continuous red and when I check my dash cam the recordings have stopped. I either have to turn the car on and off again or reset the unit. The SD card has plenty of space so not sure why it stop's recording? Any ideas? Thanks

Welcome to the forum Will.

That sound not right at all, you shouldf contact nextbase, they sadly stopped their presence in here
Thanks..... that camera has been doing my head in, and gone through the settings many times

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 322GW 4
P 322GW 1
Back