Cellink Neo 6 battery pack in parking mode - how long is it supposed to provide power?

Jeeper41

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone,

I have a Blackvue DR750X-2CH Plus hardwired to a Cellink Neo 6 battery pack. I've set it to motion and impact detection in parking mode, and I'm getting about 11 hours from the battery. Is this normal? (Car is parked in a garage. I normally turn parking mode off when its in the garage, but turn it on when I park the car at work). I turned parking mode on last night just to see how long the battery would last, it was 100% at 8pm and at 6:45am it was at 2%.

Thanks in advance.

The BlackVue website lists the power consumption specs for the DR750X-2CH Plus camera as:

Normal Mode (WiFi On / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 390mA / 12V
Normal Mode (WiFi Off / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 340mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi On / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 350mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi Off / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 300mA / 12V

The Cellink Neo 6 is a 6000 mAh battery pack. Using the 350 mA power consumption rating for parking mode (WiFi on),

6000 / 350 = 17.14 hours (approx).

I tend to take the calculated time amount and use 80 percent of that (17.14 * 0.80 = 13.71 hours). I do this to not overestimate how much time to expect from the battery pack.

The fact that your DR750X-2CH Plus is only getting 11 hours of run time in parking mode seems a bit low.

The only other thing I can think of is to test it parking mode with WiFi off (unless that's how you already tested it).

The BlackVue website lists the power consumption specs for the DR750X-2CH Plus camera as:

Normal Mode (WiFi On / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 390mA / 12V
Normal Mode (WiFi Off / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 340mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi On / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 350mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi Off / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 300mA / 12V

The Cellink Neo 6 is a 6000 mAh battery pack. Using the 350 mA power consumption rating for parking mode (WiFi on),

6000 / 350 = 17.14 hours (approx).

I tend to take the calculated time amount and use 80 percent of that (17.14 * 0.80 = 13.71 hours). I do this to not overestimate how much time to expect from the battery pack.

The fact that your DR750X-2CH Plus is only getting 11 hours of run time in parking mode seems a bit low.

The only other thing I can think of is to test it parking mode with WiFi off (unless that's how you already tested it).
Thank you for that! Yeah it does have wifi off in parking mode, so not sure why I'm getting only 11 hours of run time. I'll test it again and see, other wise I may have to go back to the guys who installed it.

Back