No place for rear camera on 2007 Honda CR-V

So if he doesn't want the lines in the way, then dead center isn't an option.

Yes seem so as the top defroster line seem to be pretty high up, opposite my car that have the most spacing above that, but ! also why i mention to space camera out to get below that top line.
But to either side look to be plenty of space.

you can see my 3 channel rear camera cluset in this video, you can even see the side camera on the R hand rear door fixed glass, my fat head block the view to the other one.

I get where your side camera is mounted (Fixed Door Glass). OP is referring to the rear camera mounting though.

FYI: Lucky bastard. You've got the A139 rear driver's side window blocked by your Head. But the T130 looking out that window from another angle.

Great coverage!

If it is a wedge shaped camera like the one in my picture above, then yes you will have to go a fair distance down the glass to install it.
If it is that shaped mounting off the brake light housing the camera and plug will be flush with the headliner and pointing forward.

Mounting at red dot on upper interior trim panel. 3M sticky doesn't stick on the plastic.

Attachments

• 2021-09-12_17.18.52.jpg
    2021-09-12_17.18.52.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 3
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. But I am a bit confused here. What do you mean the 1 inch long USB cable into the top of the rear camera nixed that?

The cable is fed through the rubber grommet. So that cable plugging into the top of the camera shouldn't be in the way NO MATTER where it's mounted. Unless you have zero plans to remove the trim, and are referring to the cable dangling being the issue.
Actual plug on USB cable plugs into top of rear camera.

No this are some times / often a problem with the provided 3M sticky pads, they are geared for the more even glass surface.
I have myself procured some other ( Tesa brand ) dualsided tape for events like this, but 3M also have other variants for rougher surfaces.

you can see my 3 channel rear camera cluset in this video, you can even see the side camera on the R hand rear door fixed glass, my fat head block the view to the other one.

What year CR-V? My 2007 has brake housing at top center.

it is a Suzuki car i drive. one of their rock bottom ones as buying a car in Denmark, well with taxes you generally pay for 2 cars to get one.
So no big fancy car for this old gear head, those days are long gone now i am on a pension

I recon a American wouldn't even see his worst enemy drive a little POS like i drive.
iu

it is a Suzuki car i drive. one of their rock bottom ones as buying a car in Denmark, well with taxes you generally pay for 2 cars to get one.
So no big fancy car for this old gear head, those days are long gone now i am on a pension

I recon a American wouldn't even see his worst enemy drive a little POS like i drive.
iu
I don't think any Suzuki cars in USA

Though it might actually be a good idea, if AL Qaeda used little cars like mine for car bombs, you can hardly put enough explosives inside to just blow itself to pieces :)

It is okay i am 6 foot 2" and the little car 70 HP and < 1000 CCM, are easy on the gas which here is at the very least 2 X the price in the US.
I just need to not walk / take public transport, and maybe keep my old bones warm in winter, and then the car to go Wrooom when i turn the key.

I have tried a few times local fast and furry boys pull up to the side of me wanting to race, i roll down my window and ask are you retarded your BMW starter motor have more power than my whole motor, and besides this is public streets not a race track. :)

No this are some times / often a problem with the provided 3M sticky pads, they are geared for the more even glass surface.
I have myself procured some other ( Tesa brand ) dualsided tape for events like this, but 3M also have other variants for rougher surfaces.
How about Velcro?

Mounting at red dot on upper interior trim panel. 3M sticky doesn't stick on the plastic.

I'm not sure what adhesive will work with plastic. However, I think you're making a bigger issue here. Capture some video with the Rear Camera mounted In between the defrost lines. It should zoom out enough where they are blurred and non obstructing.

Also capture some video with you holding the camera in the positions where you have indicated on my image.

See what mounting you like best. Watch the videos on a computer or tv screen so you view the video large enough to make a determination.

Then you're going to need to decide how to adhere the camera to the spot you choose.

Once you decide on the spot, Wiring configurations per my suggestions are necessary with your vehicle (removing trim, routing wire behind curtain, etc).

The dual lock 3M tape are used by a lot of people, regular old hook and loop valcro is no good, but the dual lock that is like a steel zipper. (y)

My front wide-angle lens captures some of my dashboard in lower corners. Anyone run into this?

I mean to get some myself, like duct tape / cable ties / CA glue / epoxy glue and heat shrink tube these is things a man must have :)

yep some of the front dashboard and bottom A pillars are often in view with the wide angle cameras, that is just the way it is.

Some aim their camera high as hell thinking why have dash and or hood in the footage, forgetting why have a lot of skies in the footage.
In general a camera must have a 50/50 split at the horizon to have the best chance of doing good light metering.

I'm not sure what adhesive will work with plastic. However, I think you're making a bigger issue here. Capture some video with the Rear Camera mounted In between the defrost lines. It should zoom out enough where they are blurred and non obstructing.

Also capture some video with you holding the camera in the positions where you have indicated on my image.

See what mounting you like best. Watch the videos on a computer or tv screen so you view the video large enough to make a determination.

Then you're going to need to decide how to adhere the camera to the spot you choose.

Once you decide on the spot, Wiring configurations per my suggestions are necessary with your vehicle (removing trim, routing wire behind curtain, etc).

...3M sticky doesn't stick on the plastic.
A number of people here have used Scotch (3M) Grey #4941 VHB for mounting on plastic panels. You still have to do proper prep beforehand but the tape itself is more 'conformable' than the black tape and has a different adhesive.

Back