Clock is off, in correct time zone: how to adjust manually

Rob L

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 Black Box G1's, and 2 Blueskysea G1w-CB'S
I have tried to adjust the clock for proper time. It does not sync to my Tablet and I see in the manual it states to adjust manually... is that just by changing time zones?

Mine's not handy but I think time can be set manually in the menu once you get into the 'date/time' section. IIRC the GPS should do this automatically- most cams do.
The "+" and "-" from GMT often gets confusing and doesn't relate to DST. Normally I'm "-4" but I have to set "-5" because it's DST.

If you can find a way to get the time input consistently, even if it's wrong, then just adjust the "+" or "-" to make that into the correct time. That's what I do with all my cams.

Phil

I thought it was suppose to sync with your phone when you connected via wifi but it doesn't. I tried to set in manually but can't figure how to back out to the menu from time set. Tried to shut off power when I did update the time but it just went back to the 1 hour behind.
I will try and change the time zone tomorrow and see if that does it.

Some apps for some cameras do have a sync with phone feature for the time date.
DST you manually have to account for still, i would like for dashcams to be able to do this automatic too, and i cant see why it should be a big problem with a GPS camera at least.

I thought it was suppose to sync with your phone when you connected via wifi but it doesn't. I tried to set in manually but can't figure how to back out to the menu from time set. Tried to shut off power when I did update the time but it just went back to the 1 hour behind.
I will try and change the time zone tomorrow and see if that does it.
To get out of the sub-menus you push the upper left button when facing the cam screen. It will have a curved "arrow" icon next to it. Kind of unusual and it caught me out for at least a year before I finally learned to remember it :rolleyes: Other than that quirk I like the display and menu setup on this cam a lot :cool:

Phil

Back