Continuous recording

scorpion22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had my Nextbase 322 professionally hardwired in yesterday and have noticed that it is continually recording (red light flashing) while the car is not in use. The unit is also very hot. I have turned the motion detector to 'off' so to shouldn't be picking any outside movement. I don't understand while it is recording. I have formatted the card. Any feedback would be helpful

Have you looked at the memory card is it is actually recording all the time, if it do i would assume ( not familiar with the brand ) that the hard wire job is not correct.
If you use motion detect, and park in a place with motion, well then the camera might well be recording all the time as it get triggered all the time, i assume you could tell if this is the case by the file sizes, i would assume those to be irregular or at least another size then the regular when driving files.

Have you looked at the memory card is it is actually recording all the time, if it do i would assume ( not familiar with the brand ) that the hard wire job is not correct.
If you use motion detect, and park in a place with motion, well then the camera might well be recording all the time as it get triggered all the time, i assume you could tell if this is the case by the file sizes, i would assume those to be irregular or at least another size then the regular when driving files.
Hi, yes it is recording to the card and the only way to stop recording is to press the red recording button on the screen. Even then the screen display is live.

That sounds like they've wired it to a permanent live.

If you want parking mode then that is normal but if you're not fussed, like me, then an ignition circuit should be used.

I'd still go through all the settings and see if anything else looks related.

Hi, I had my Nextbase 322 professionally hardwired in yesterday and have noticed that it is continually recording (red light flashing) while the car is not in use. The unit is also very hot. I have turned the motion detector to 'off' so to shouldn't be picking any outside movement. I don't understand while it is recording. I have formatted the card. Any feedback would be helpful
Hi,

Kremmen above is correct, the Hard Wire Kit is on a permanently live fuse. To turn the camera off when the car is off, turn Parking Mode on.
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘Parking Mode’
6) Enable Parking Mode here

For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode.

If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on, record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back