can you work out what happened here

Failure to yield to a clearly better car with special rights. :censored:

Looks like the Renault changed lane from right to left whilst the Land Rover was in the left lane. The Land Rover mounted the central reservation to avoid an accident.

As to what probably happened, I would guess that the Land Rover came speeding up to the Renault then went to undertake it but the Renault then moved over?

Car pulled out of the side road while the Land Rover was passing, Land Rover attempted to avoid the contact but lost control on the corner due to being a large unstable vehicle being driven too fast and as though it was a car!

Not sure how an ABS equipped vehicle leaves such long skid marks? Maybe the stability control was disabled or faulty?

Last edited:
That car doesn't do too well on MOT tests, maybe the driver pays the same attention to driving?

• Advisory - Front Registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (0.1 (b))
  • Fail - Nearside Stop lamp(s) not working (4.3.1 (a) (ii))
  • Fail - Nearside Direction indicator incorrect colour (4.4.3 (a))
  • Advisory - Front Road wheel slightly distorted and rear inner rims (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Advisory - Nearside Rear Wheel bearing has slight play (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Fail - Offside Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Advisory - Nearside Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()
  • Fail - Nearside Rear Seat belt buckle not functioning as intended will not fasten (7.1.2 (d))
  • Fail - Nearside Rear Direction indicator incorrect colour (4.4.3 (a))
  • Fail - Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Advisory - Nearside Rear Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Advisory - Nearside Front Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Advisory - Offside Front Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Fail - Offside Front Tyre has a lump, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Advisory - Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
  • Advisory - Nearside Front Nail in tyre ()
  • Fail - Nearside Rear Seat belt buckle not functioning as intended will not fasten (7.1.2 (d))
  • Fail - Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Advisory - Nearside Rear Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Advisory - Nearside Front Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Advisory - Offside Front Road wheel slightly distorted on inside rim (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Fail - Offside Front Tyre has a lump, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Advisory - Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))

I am pretty sure in Russia, if you have a car with four 100 % working brakes, than it is just a matter of time before you have less working brakes.
I think if you can brake on 2 wheels over there, then things are fine.

Failure to yield to a clearly better car with special rights. :censored:

That car doesn't do too well on MOT tests, maybe the driver pays the same attention to driving?

• Advisory - Front Registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (0.1 (b))
  • Advisory - Front Road wheel slightly distorted and rear inner rims (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Fail - Nearside Stop lamp(s) not working (4.3.1 (a) (ii

about normal for a renault with 15k around a potholed town only in 6 years then 25k on country lanes only in last year...
nothing to do with what occured ....

does it help if i say the entire skidmark is only 3 cars in length and a 30mph sign on the stone posts saying 30mph was adhered to

does it help if i say the entire skidmark is only 3 cars in length and a 30mph sign on the stone posts saying 30mph was adhered to
In that case the Land Rover must have passed the stone posts at almost 30mph, and you wouldn't plan to drive onto the grass at that speed, so the journey across the grass must have been unintentional.

I assume that the car had hit the Land Rover before the 30 sign because with both vehicles below 30 a collision should have been avoidable? Also, I don't see any clue as to what caused the Land Rover to go onto the grass, except maybe that its tires appear from the skid marks to be under inflated and I still don't understand why they left all that rubber on the road when they should have ABS and stability control.

Were you the Renault driver @petepete?
I agree with Nigel’s suggestion that the Renault came from the side road judging by the damage on the 2 cars, it’s on the very corner of the Renault but not along the side and only in a relatively small area of the land rovers door.

Two way road. Left hand drive. 60mph into 30mph zone. Land rover has hit Renault on the nearside (kerb side). Both cars end up in a parking area on the opposite side of the road. Land rover has stopped in a big hurry, plus mounting the kerb on both sides of the road.

Were they both avoiding sheep?

Was he up your arse along Winnats Pass and then couldn't slow down in time for the 30 so tried to take avoiding action and undercut on the kerb?

Maybe someone coming out of Castleton towards him which meant he went left instead of right, or as Tony said you were avoiding an animal on the road?

He's quiet and not reacting to your comment which suggests he knew he was at fault (or doesn't want to admit liability on video).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.19.05.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.19.05.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 7
View from the other side showing cars drive at you on the wrong side of the road to pass the parking spot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.25.10.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.25.10.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 8
We don't know if the damage on the Land Rover was caused by a collision with that car?

I can't think of any scenario that is consistent with both the damage on both vehicles and the speed required to create a long skid mark, assuming both vehicles were traveling in the same direction and it happened at that location.

Possibly the Land Rover was intentionally performing a traffic stop due to something that happened earlier.

A dashcam video would help to work out what happened!!

does it help if i say one driver was so irate he performed an intentional hard stop ?

I don't get where you're going with this. Is it a game? Are you waiting for someone to guess the right answer?

FFS man. Spill the beans

(Apologies for being so irate. Being stuck in a long line of traffic for petrol has finally got to me. Nearly there, just another 354 cars ahead of me.....)

Must be in the wrong thread. This one is called Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) but after one and a half days we are yet to see a dashcam video.

Back