Front Trail Cam Recommendations

Caintah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. Been here for a while but this will be my first post.

I am currently looking for a dashcam that best fit for Front off-road camera. My car is Jeep Warangler JL 2018.

Installed this kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/sku/jljtgrilleinsrt.html (grill insert kit w/out front off-road cam) yesterday and still looking for dashcam that could handle vibrations and lots of movements due to off-roading.

Any replies/suggestions/recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

If this for trail and off road use only, why not use a GoPro. It's made for this.

Hi all. Been here for a while but this will be my first post.

I am currently looking for a dashcam that best fit for Front off-road camera. My car is Jeep Warangler JL 2018.

Installed this kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/sku/jljtgrilleinsrt.html (grill insert kit w/out front off-road cam) yesterday and still looking for dashcam that could handle vibrations and lots of movements due to off-roading.

Any replies/suggestions/recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

The link you posted says the "Honeycomb Grille Insert Kit - Without Front Trail Camera" is designed for a specific camera option which is overpriced and apparently not of great quality compared to what a modern action or dash cam can provide.

trail camera.jpg

Perhaps one option might be to install a motorcycle camera which is similar to the Jeep remote camera option but then you'd have to figure out where and how to deploy the second camera and set the whole thing up since they are not designed for this purpose, but they could indeed work. You can learn more about motorcycle cameras
HERE.

There is the INNOVV 4K

Innov4k.png

The Blueskysea B1M

b1m.jpg

or the Viofo MT1

viofo-mt1.jpg

If it were me, I'd probably go with a GoPro (or similar) as @lacibaci suggests and simply remove it when I'm not trail riding.

Back