Viofo Semi Resolved but Not Thrilled Yet

Queen Drama GIF
Apm GIF by Alguna pregunta més?

@EGS So you wouldn't be upset? You don't think this is very Shady on their part?

To try to offer me less than I paid multiple times. Then telling me to send something for a refund. Costing me a high shipping fee to China. Only to again change their terms?

Seriously? Would you trust this company after all this crap?

They had offer you a solution asking you to return everything back FOR A FULL REFUND and you continue to make more demands making everything so difficult. Now who gives a flip that you don't want to take the time and undo the wiring from your car. You pushed the issue too far now you pay the price.

They had offer you a solution asking you to return everything back and you continue to make more demands making everything so difficult. Now who gives a flip that you don't want to take the time and undo the wiring from your car. You pushed the issue too far now you pay the price.

@EGS

NO THEY DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, the camera has a warranty of 1 year. Viofo had an obligation to honor the warranty. They refused to do so and offered me an 80% and then 85% refund. I refused.

We came to an agreement that I send back the FRONT CAMERA Body only. They'd pay for Shipping and Issue a full refund. - This was Agreed Upon BEFORE ANYTHING WAS SHIPPED!!!

Soon as I mailed out the front Body Camera -
And Sent Viofo Proof I Shipped - Viofo Changed their MIND and now demand I rip out the Rear and Interior. Send that one off, in order to secure a refund.

The Shady Part is AGREEING to receiving ONLY the Front Body Camera. Having me ship it. Then Lying about Paying Shipping and Refunding. Only to then say Unless you SEND OTHER PARTS Now.... We Won't refund. You do realize shipping to China IS NOT CHEAP! And I'm already out Money due to their LIES.

Why should I trust them that if I send back the Front + Rear now, I'll get a refund. And instead not be out TWO SHIPPING Costs to China + Entire Purchase of A139?

Did you not read that part?

Last edited:
3. Sorry, we have come to the consensus to give you a full refund and you return our products. We notice you are not satisfied with this 3CH dashcam, we thought it is better to buy other brands of 3CH dashcams
They offered you a full refund if you return their products. You did not want that because you did not want to remove the hard-wiring kit, rear camera, and rear cable that came with the package? The keywords in this offer was full refund and products (meaning all/multiple items that was in the retail box?)

4. Sorry, we only accept return and refund in your case, please send the front cam body back to us in China, We shall reimburse your the shipping fee if you insist,
They then made you a different offer above. I did not see anywhere in this statement above saying they will issue you a full refund for the front cam body. They just said they will issue a refund and will reimburse your shipping fee. That means whatever percentage of refund they issue is up to their own discretion especially when you're not returning the entire product? If any company made that statement to me, that is what I would assume unless I have something written from them that says otherwise. Do you have something written from them that says that they will issue a full refund for returning only the front cam body? I don't see that in anything that you've provided so far.

I do not see anything illegal, shady, or dishonest based on their own statement that you provided. I think that you should have clarified the percentage(or amount) of refund prior to you sending them back the front cam body, especially when you did not want to return the other products that were included in the package?

5. Yes, We shall give you refund and shipping fee once we get the package,
Again...I don't see anything from Viofo that claims that they will issue you a full refund on the entire purchase price for returning only the front cam body. Were you the one that automatically assumed this from them without seeking further clarification and ensuring that was the case?
It's not normal business practice to return part of a product and expect a full refund. Costco and Amazon are the only companies I know of that do this from my experience without charging any restocking fees or subtracting the values of the missing items.

I think all this should have ended a long time ago. Personally, if I was in your situation, I would have just sent everything(hard-wiring kit, rear camera, and rear cable) back for a full refund and simply bought another company's dashcam product. It's not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
I'm totally with @HonestReview on this. They should have replaced it if their warranty offered the customer the choice of refund or replacement.
I'm not sure but I think he's already had at least had a replacement or two from Viofo. I lost track of what number this is?
At some point rather than sending multiple replacement units, it would be better for both the vendor (and customer) to just refund the entire purchase price and have the customer go elsewhere if the product being sold does not meet their requirements.

As a customer, I will always prefer to receive a full refund over any replacement(which could have even been a refurbished unit and you might not know it)?
When you get a replacement, your original warranty terms remain based on the original purchase date of the original product.
When you get a full refund, you can either repurchase the product or buy something else. In either case, your warranty clock starts from zero again and you will have a brand new item with a brand new warranty.

Reactions: EGS
I'm not sure but I think he's already had at least had a replacement or two from Viofo. I lost track of what number this is?
At some point rather than sending multiple replacement units, it would be better for both the vendor (and customer) to just refund the entire purchase price and have the customer go elsewhere if the product being sold does not meet their requirements.

1. 1 Replacement. Asked because of overheating. No way to verify if unit was the issue without another unit to test. Mailed back original unit. Kept 2nd. It's the 2nd one they sent out that had supercapacitor fail.

As a customer, I will always prefer to receive a full refund over any replacement(which could have even been a refurbished unit and you might not know it)?
When you get a replacement, your original warranty terms remain based on the original purchase date of the original product.
When you get a full refund, you can either repurchase the product or buy something else. In either case, your warranty clock starts from zero again and you will have a brand new item with a brand new warranty.

2. I preferred a replacement but we settled on 100% refund. If you read our conversation, they asked I said back Front Body Only.

I did that....It's in the mail on the way to China...Now Viofo is reneging AFTER I did as they asked. And telling me, NOW WE want BOTH Front + Rear Camera back. We had this discussion BEFORE I sent the camera. Not after.

I don't trust them now to refund me at this point. First trying to offer 80%, then 85%, and finally after I refused 100%. That in itself is SHADY. Then telling me to send back the Front and then Deciding they won't REFUND ME unless I spend more money to now ship a SECOND package with the Rear and Interior.

Ya that's the problem..

They offered you a full refund if you return their products. You did not want that because you did not want to remove the hard-wiring kit, rear camera, and rear cable that came with the package? The keywords in this offer was full refund and products (meaning all/multiple items that was in the retail box?)

They then made you a different offer above. I did not see anywhere in this statement above saying they will issue you a full refund for the front cam body. They just said they will issue a refund and will reimburse your shipping fee. That means whatever percentage of refund they issue is up to their own discretion especially when you're not returning the entire product? If any company made that statement to me, that is what I would assume unless I have something written from them that says otherwise. Do you have something written from them that s

Yes.

Here was my message to them: Their English Sucks. But they agreed to what I asked.

My Message:

I send front camera body to China. I get 100% refund + Shipping.
We Agree?

VIOFO REPLY:

Yes,

We shall give you refund and shipping fee once we get the package,

That they will issue a full refund for returning only the front cam body? I don't see that in anything that you've provided so far.

I do not see anything illegal, shady, or dishonest based on their own statement that you provided. I think that you should have clarified the percentage(or amount) of refund prior to you sending them back the front cam body, especially when you did not want to return the other products that were included in the package?

Then this earlier message before we agreed on Front Body Only:
Viofo Reply:

Sorry, we have come to the consensus to give you a full refund and you return our products, We notice you are not satisfied with this 3CH dashcam, we thought it is better to buy other brands of 3CH dashcams.

Again...I don't see anything from Viofo that claims that they will issue you a full refund on the entire purchase price for returning only the front cam body. Were you the one that automatically assumed this from them without seeking further clarification and ensuring that was the case?
It's not normal business practice to return part of a product and expect a full refund. Costco and Amazon are the only companies I know of that do this from my experience without charging any restocking fees or subtracting the values of the missing items.

I think all this should have ended a long time ago. Personally, if I was in your situation, I would have just sent everything(hard-wiring kit, rear camera, and rear cable) back for a full refund and simply bought another company's dashcam product. It's not that big of a deal.

Per the below reply:

1. All units can overheat it seems. Viofo has a trial T130. Cases are Cracking on that one. Seems Viofo has cooling issues with their 3 Channel Products.

2. I had one replacement, in an effort to verify whether my unit was an issue (overheating) or all units. Both units overheated. I sent one back. Kept the replacement. That replacement unit had the SuperCapacitor DIE. Viofo will see this when they get the return.

3. The A139 (if avoiding sun) is probably a good product. I'm going to do my best to keep car parked in shade during hot weather. No other camera offers live parking mode. And I wanted interior recording. Not a Great Product....But "OK". I've accepted those limitations. But not the SuperCapacitor being dead on the unit!

4. You do realize shipping to China is extremely expensive. They told me to send back the FRONT ONLY after we discussed issue. Since they didn't want to honor warranty. Now, they're telling me to spend more money AFTER they "Lied to Me" about giving a full refund. Saying unless I send a SECOND EXPENSIVE package to China with interior and rear camera, I won't get a refund.

So let me take your rationale.

1. They refuse to honor warranty
2. They try to offer 80% refund
3. They try to offer 85% refund
4. They finally say FULL refund send back Front Body
5. You send it back...And Spend Money....Now they say...We changed our mind

Ya.....Shady.

FYI: I own the A129 Duo. Have two of these. Aside from the dupe frame issue they never solved, cameras are rock solid

1. This camera has never failed in over 2 years in two vehicles. Hot, Cold, etc
2. The cameras in both vehicle are 100% reliable.

Viofo can make a good product. The A129 Duo shows that...

FYI: I own the A129 Duo. Have two of these. Aside from the dupe frame issue they never solved, cameras are rock solid

1. This camera has never failed in over 2 years in two vehicles. Hot, Cold, etc
2. The cameras in both vehicle are 100% reliable.

Viofo can make a good product. The A129 Duo shows that...

Who are you kidding? You conveniently fail to mention that you previously returned a A129 Duo camera and then immediately spent weeks and weeks (or was it months?) engaged in exactly the same tautological complaining about the replacement A129 Duo and about Viofo as you've done in thread after thread you've launched complaining about the A139.

Who are you kidding? You conveniently fail to mention that you previously returned a A129 Duo camera and then immediately spent weeks and weeks (or was it months?) engaged in exactly the same tautological complaining about the replacement A129 Duo and about Viofo as you've done in thread after thread you've launched complaining about the A139.

1. One of the two A129 had an issue. The Two I now own are 100% reliable and not had any problem thereafter. Both have run well over 2 yrs.
- Never complained about the A129 Duo's RELIABILITY.

2. I complained about the lack of support in resolving Dupe Frame issue. Yes, a technical issue Viofo wouldn't address. This did not affect reliability. But did create dupe frame every 3 Seconds. There's been several threads complaining (not me) about Viofo Tech Support in Past and Firmware.

3. The A139 FAILED completely. Bad Supercapacitor. Camera shuts off when loses power. Corrupting file being written. Replacement I bought works fine. Clearly a bad SuperCapacitor.

So how exactly is #3 my fault?

But hey, we've established you're @Dashmellow and have the answers to all the world's questions and problems. :unsure:

You've not made a friend out of Viofo with a lot of your posts - almost every day you are vilifying them somehow.

When you make your (numerous) points you have a habit of SHOUTING your replies at them - and now at other posters too. Bold letters is considered "like raising your voice" in (most) forums. (I use the same here just as an example, of course).

Yet you on the other hand do applaud there A129 Duo whilst wanting to dismantle their standing in the sales arena at the same time.

I do admit, I find your comments here one of the highlights of my day - just to see whether you say something nice, or something bad ;)

IMHO, your best plan of action should be to comply and return all that they need, take the refund, and then enjoy your A129 Duo. - it works for you and that's the happy story.

My A139 has never overheated - and I'm unsure of anyone else that has this issue (I might be unaware of him/her if so) other than your good self. To get 2 consecutive problems with the same model is unusual (even with differing faults) especially when most that report back here have no problems even with one.

I do understand your frustration though. I just think the best option is the one suggested, and then move on with another camera supplier when you can. Just don't wait for the T130 - I'm sure it would overheat for you as well.

Paul.

You've not made a friend out of Viofo with a lot of your posts - almost every day you are vilifying them somehow.

When you make your (numerous) points you have a habit of SHOUTING your replies at them - and now at other posters too. Bold letters is considered "like raising your voice" in (most) forums. (I use the same here just as an example, of course).

Yet you on the other hand do applaud there A129 Duo whilst wanting to dismantle their standing in the sales arena at the same time.

They can make a good product. I'm happy with 2x A129 Duos in all temperature extremes. Never once have either camera I now own failed. Very reliable. Dupe Frame issue (Annoying) Yes. Impact Reliability...not at all. I'd recommend the A129 Duo Hands down.

I do admit, I find your comments here one of the highlights of my day - just to see whether you say something nice, or something bad ;)

IMHO, your best plan of action should be to comply and return all that they need, take the refund, and then enjoy your A129 Duo. - it works for you and that's the happy story.

I spent money sending back the Front Body Camera they requested. We agreed 100% refund + Shipping. Now they want me to spend money a second time (after telling me not to send back interior and rear) to send another expensive Package to China. - Or Else No Refund. If I am to believe they'd refund my money after I send the remaining stuff back, they didn't require the first package....

My A139 has never overheated - and I'm unsure of anyone else that has this issue (I might be unaware of him/her if so) other your good self. To get 2 consecutive problems with the same model is unusual, especially when most that report back here have no problems even with one.

Except there are Other Reviews saying the same thing (None are Me). A139 Overheating:

AMAZON

1. Sam Young:

1) It did not record when I had my accident. 2) It can't take heat.

2. Amazon Customer - Not Reliable In Warmer Temperatures

I've had this camera for two months and it started off great with no issues. I am using the official Viofo hardwire kit and a SanDisk High Endurance memory card. But now that the weather has been getting warmer (65-75F), the camera begins to overheat

3. D.Deck

Install is very easy and straightforward but today it took me a few hours as I made a heatshield of sorts as you can tell from the last image I added. I had solved some of the shutting down due to heat......

At this point, I am extremely disappointed with this product. It is utterly unreliable. Constantly shuts off in anything above mild temperatures

4. @sanhwy - Overheat Thread

The Viofo a139 camera is set to parking mode: Auto Event detection and uses the "Kingston Canvas Go Plus MicroSDXC 256 GB UHS-I CL10" memory card. When it is sunny outside, the Viofo a139 heats up very much inside the car and it restarts until it freezes

5. Overheating Thread

I'm using Viofo A139 with auto-detection parking mode and it shut down when overheat when I park outside or will cut off when my car battery reaches 12V.

My Thinkware U1000 running concurrently with the A139 still working fine in the heat during parking mode.

I do understand your frustration though. I just think there best option is the one suggested, and then move on with either another camera supplier when you can. Just don't wait for the T130 - I'm sure it would overheat for you as well.

Paul.

Well I read the T130 is having it's own set of heat issues. But neither here nor there.

Last edited:
1. One of the two A129 had an issue. The Two I now own are 100% reliable and not had any problem thereafter. Both have run well over 2 yrs.
- Never complained about the A129 Duo's RELIABILITY.

2. I complained about the lack of support in resolving Dupe Frame issue. Yes, a technical issue Viofo wouldn't address. This did not affect reliability. But did create dupe frame every 3 Seconds. There's been several threads complaining (not me) about Viofo Tech Support in Past and Firmware.

3. The A139 FAILED completely. Bad Supercapacitor. Camera shuts off when loses power. Corrupting file being written. Replacement I bought works fine. Clearly a bad SuperCapacitor.

So how exactly is #3 my fault?

But hey, we've established you're @Dashmellow and have the answers to all the world's questions and problems. :unsure:

You can spin your tales anyway you like but the fact is that in my eight years on this forum I have never seen another member complain as loudly, verbosely, as bitterly and as often about every camera you have owned or tested. I have also never seen anyone who tries to draw attention to himself as much as you do. Beyond that, you attack, insult and demean anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, offers a different perspective or points out when you are factually wrong with many of the comments and assertions you so often make. In fact, I consider you to be the most habitually abusive person I have ever encountered on this forum. At this point after witnessing your multiple public complaints and now threats of social media attacks against @viofo I am surprised they are even still responding to you in a helpful fashion but they are basically an honorable company. They have more than met you half way on multiple occasions yet you continue to behave in an entitled and demanding manner.

You can spin your tales anyway you like but the fact is that in my eight years on this forum I have never seen another member complain as loudly, verbosely, as bitterly and as often about every camera you have owned or tested. I have also never seen anyone who tries to draw attention to himself as much as you do. Beyond that, you attack, insult and demean anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, offers a different perspective or points out when you are factually wrong with many of the comments and assertions you so often make. In fact, I consider you to be the most habitually abusive person I have ever encountered on this forum. At this point after witnessing your multiple public complaints and now threats of social media attacks against @viofo I am surprised they are even still responding to you in a helpful fashion but they are basically an honorable company. They have more than met you half way on multiple occasions yet you continue to behave in an entitled and demanding manner.

Except every thread you post, you are 100% right....I've yet to see anyone more argumentative here than you. You'll actually keep ranting about how your 100% right over and over....I'm guessing you're EXTREMELY RICH having the answers to all the world's problems.

Won't bother responding to you hereafter.

But it's quite clear I'm not the only one who had overheating issues....But that's not even the problem here....But Hey. You're usual "Know It All" Attitude, you just Troll my thread without even reading it.....Kudos.

What Language do I need to Explain. English? I can put in Swedish? Spanish? What Language Do you Require.

The Supercapacitor Died on the camera. Period. I offered to send Viofo the Camera to China for inspection to Verify it 100% Failed. And then a replacement. Simply Asking Viofo do an advanced return so I wouldn't be without a camera. Offering them a credit card.

1. Camera One Overheat - Requested Another. Figured Maybe Bad Unit.
2. Camera Two Overheat - Went ahead and sent back Camera 1 AS INSTRUCTED.

Kept Camera #2...Only to find it had a faulty SuperCapacitor that Crapped out. Loses Power Immediately and doesn't exit file.

Bought another Camera (Stupid Me) on the Promise Viofo was refunding, and that one WORKS FINE on Shutting Down. Yep. Not a Bad SuperCap.

They refused and then tried to do 80% return, 85% return. Then told me to send Front Body Back. After I mailed Front Body, Viofo is doing an about Face, wanting a 2nd Package with the other two cameras. Wanting me to spend more money, after they "lied", on the promise if I spend more money sending a 2nd package, I'll be reimbursed the Cost of Shipping (x2) + A139.

Not buying it now...

Strange...I'm the problem.. Except Google shows others had overheating issues, too.....On their A139....See Above.

1. Admittedly Camera #1 wasn't Faulty. As Camera #2 Also overheated.....Again See Above. Post #15.

2. Camera #2 wasn't sent in a retail box. Camera #2 was sent to me individually in Bubble Wrap. New???? No Idea.

3. Stupid Me, I kept Camera #2 and Sent back Camera #1. Figuring Both Overheated, I'll just keep newest one send original.

4. Camera #2 at Some Point Between July and September had the SuperCap Die. I only noticed it a few weeks ago when Cleaning out the House and Car Parked outside. I went to check videos, saw tons of corrupted videos. Did the Pull Power Test....Camera Shut Down Immediately.

5. Viofo said to send back Camera #2. I asked for Advanced Replacement and offered a Credit Card. They refused. Then said 80% Refund. 85% Refund. Then Fine just Mail Back 100% Refund. Sent Front Body. I did this. Front Body in Mail to China.

I get Follow Up Email. Spend More Money. Now send Second Package with Rear and Interior If you want that refund.

I give up....
I'll see what Viofo says tomorrow. I plan on trying to intercept the package (if possible) and go through my credit card if Viofo won't issue a refund. I've got our conversations saved...Not hard to prove what happened.

Strange...I'm the problem.. Except Google shows others had overheating issues, too.....On their A139....See Above.

1. Admittedly Camera #1 wasn't Faulty. As Camera #2 Also overheated.....Again See Above. Post #15.

2. Camera #2 wasn't sent in a retail box. Camera #2 was sent to me individually in Bubble Wrap. New???? No Idea.

3. Stupid Me, I kept Camera #2 and Sent back Camera #1. Figuring Both Overheated, I'll just keep newest one send original.

4. Camera #2 at Some Point Between July and September had the SuperCap Die. I only noticed it a few weeks ago when Cleaning out the House and Car Parked outside. I went to check videos, saw tons of corrupted videos. Did the Pull Power Test....Camera Shut Down Immediately.

5. Viofo Send to send back Camera #2. I asked for Advanced Replacement and offered a Credit Card. They refused. Then said 80% Refund. 85% Refund. Then Fine just Mail Back 100% Refund. Sent Front Body. I did this. Front Body in Mail to China.

I get Follow Up Email. Spend More Money. Now send Second Package with Rear and Interior If you want that refund.

I give up....
I'll see what Viofo says tomorrow. I plan on trying to intercept the package (if possible) and go through my credit card if Viofo won't issue a refund.
basketball ball GIF by PinarProtein

Done feeding the trolls. Thread Speaks for itself.

1. I posted threads and links to others having overheating issues.
2. Viofo isn't standing behind their warranty or wanting to issue refund.

I'm done replying.

Back