Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf_Huntington

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone, ive got some footage for yall to take a look at. Today i was just about to go into work when a car 2 lanes over to my left decided last minute to cut off everyone and not see me and hit my left rear end. Ive slowed down frame by frame, zoomed in, used adobe premiere pro. Ive tried everything to my knoledge. If ANYONE can HELP me, that would be greatly appreciated. If you can figure it out. I will be giving a cash reward, nothing huge but deffinently a plus. The car was a Lexus RX 350 Black. New Jersey Plates. If you believe to have found the numbers on the plate, you can confirm it is the same car by entering the plate on this website, its the best ive found so far. https://findbyplate.com/ This hit and run Occured in front of target across from lukoil gas station on route 23 in Riverdale. If no one can get it, its ok. If you need anything from me please do not hesitate to email me and messege me. Beamng14@gmail.com

It would help if your sub-woofer wasn't shaking the camera so much. You might try posting this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashcams/ more people will see it on Reddit.

Yes, too much vibration, not enough light, and not really enough resolution = no chance of reading the plate.

That vehicle had been indicating a right turn since well before you passed the "Yield" sign, legally it may not be your fault, but realistically you should have yielded and avoided the collision just as the person to your left did.

Yes, too much vibration, not enough light, and not really enough resolution = no chance of reading the plate.

That vehicle had been indicating a right turn since well before you passed the "Yield" sign, legally it may not be your fault, but realistically you should have yielded and avoided the collision just as the person to your left did.
thats not what the cop told me lol. he said the other car was most definently at fault due to the fact of crossing over 2 lanes at the end of the intersection. He said and I qoute "The blinker does not give you the right of way"

thats not what the cop told me lol. he said the other car was most definently at fault due to the fact of crossing over 2 lanes at the end of the intersection. He said and I qoute "The blinker does not give you the right of way"
You don't have to do what the cops tell you, instead you could have avoided the problem, it was your choice.

I'm glad we don't have your laws here, instead everyone is responsible for avoiding accidents if possible.

Reactions: Mtz
A cop's statement is irrelevant especially when he was not a witness to the accident. That will be determined in court by the judge and other experts if you ever go there.
Over here, cops don't declare whose at fault for accidents even if you call them. They are only there to ensure the exchange of insurance information and documents.

I'm glad we don't have your laws here, instead everyone is responsible for avoiding accidents if possible.

Our laws here are designed to hold people responsible for their actions. When a driver such as we see in this video engages in dangerous, illegal behavior such as abruptly cutting across two lanes of traffic into the path of a driver in a dedicated right turn exit lane and causes an accident he is held accountable. That is exactly how the law should function.

instead you could have avoided the problem, it was your choice.

The driver that caused this accident was clearly at fault. He was one lane to the left of a dedicated LEFT turn ONLY lane yet he abruptly cut across both lanes into the path of a dedicated RIGHT turn lane .

right_left.jpg

LEFT TURN ONLY
only.jpg

And where do you come off blaming people for the dangerous actions of other drivers? Every driver here in the US is taught from their very first lesson to "drive defensively" and most do just that. It not always possible to avoid every incident, however.

This is now the second time in recent days where you criticize another DCT member posting a video of being suddenly and dangerously cut off by another driver for not anticipating the situation before it occurred. Of course, you Nigel condescendingly claim to be the world's most perfect driver who can avoid every possible road incident. It is laughable.

Criticizing our laws, which you have done previously on numerous occasions is merely just another example of your habitual nation bashing towards the US. It needs to stop, Nigel.

It's because you have your steering wheels on the wrong side :ROFLMAO:

Police only attend Danish accidents if traffic are blocked or someone have been hurt.
And that is the norm, there are a lot of other things where things are completely off, for instance the this summer no one picking up the phone if you dial 911 / 112, well it now turn out that no one in command bothered a damn before journalists starting to ask questions.

It's because you have your steering wheels on the wrong side :ROFLMAO:
Steering wheels may be on the wrong side but the cars are on the right side of the road. :joyful:

No one asked this question...But do you have the ORIGINAL FILE. Is the video in 720P format or is this a compressed version? Because things are VERY VERY Pixelated!!

As other's said...Your sub woofer may have screwed you. Causing a lot of vibration.

They always do, even if you have the dashcam with the most solid mounting system, the glass are still going to flutter. though to be honest it dont appear to be playing that loud ( from a guy that had 3 X 12 " woofers each on its own 500 W AMP in his little 3 door German luke warm hatchback )
So even if it wasent a dangle from the windscreen nextbase camera i am sure the problem would still have been there, but the nextbase way of hanging things from the windscreen sure dont better this problem for us that enjoy loud music in the car,,,,,, though i am not among those anymore, and i still have a 100 % working hearing after the BOOM BOOM years of the 90ties.

You don't have to do what the cops tell you, instead you could have avoided the problem, it was your choice.

If you watch the video, the guy is 100% at fault. He was in a left hand only turn lane and tried to make a right turn. You people in the UK drive funny (wrong side of road)! So it's easy to get confused! ;)

They always do, even if you have the dashcam with the most solid mounting system, the glass are still going to flutter. though to be honest it dont appear to be playing that loud ( from a guy that had 3 X 12 " woofers each on its own 500 W AMP in his little 3 door German luke warm hatchback )
So even if it wasent a dangle from the windscreen nextbase camera i am sure the problem would still have been there, but the nextbase way of hanging things from the windscreen sure dont better this problem for us that enjoy loud music in the car,,,,,, though i am not among those anymore, and i still have a 100 % working hearing after the BOOM BOOM years of the 90ties.

Video he uploaded is only 720p...I'm wondering if he has the original clip. There's a WHOLE HELL of a lot of pixelation and compression in the 720p file upped. I suggest @leaf_Huntington upload the original file somewhere else if this isn't it.

Google Drive, Youtube, etc

Also, look at 36 seconds. When he base starts bouncing, the whole camera vibrates!

Last edited:
If you watch the video, the guy is 100% at fault. He was in a left hand only turn lane and tried to make a right turn. You people in the UK drive funny (wrong side of road)! So it's easy to get confused! ;)
Changing lanes was not illegal?

When he started the lane change he had already been indicating for ages and was well in front of the OP, so the OP could easily have avoided the collision.

The difference between UK and USA is that in the UK the OP would have been held partly responsible for the collision that he failed to avoid, while in the USA it is always black or white, no greys, or grays!

The video I have is 1080, which is the resolution of that camera...

When he started the lane change he had already been indicating for ages and was well in front of the OP, so the OP could easily have avoided the collision.

The difference between UK and USA is that in the UK the OP would have been held partly responsible for the collision that he failed to avoid, while in the USA it is always black or white, no greys, or grays!

To watch the video on Drop Box, max resolution is 720p. I downloaded file and the actual download is 1080. So you're right.

Yes, the guy changes lane in that video without watching for other cars. He cuts over from 2 Left turn only Lanes, illegally, Deciding to then turn right and side Swipes OP.

Extremely illegal driving!

Op should have followed car to get plate. Unfortunately, this video is useless beyond showing his insurance it was a hit and run.

Op's taste in music and loud bass killed any chance of identifying driver's plates.

He cuts over from 2 Left turn only Lanes, illegally,
Are you are saying that he wasn't allowed to move from the left turn lane into the right turn lane? Or only that he wasn't allowed to when the lane was already in use.

If so, what is the purpose of the "Yield" signs? They appear to say that the OP should have yielded to the car he had a collision with, that car was already in the junction and indicating right when the OP passed the yield sign.

Are you are saying that he wasn't allowed to move from the left turn lane into the right turn lane? Or only that he wasn't allowed to when the lane was already in use.

If so, what is the purpose of the "Yield" signs? They appear to say that the OP should have yielded to the car he had a collision with, that car was already in the junction and indicating right when the OP passed the yield sign.

Well, then, I'm certainly glad we don't have your laws here !! If you do something here in the US that is clearly a violation of the traffic laws and then cause an accident it is NOT the victim's fault due to some sort of gray area where it might be theorized that the victim should have anticipated the other driver's abrupt, idiotic, irresponsible behavior.

And as far as changing lanes in concerned, having your turn signal on is irrelevant if you fail to execute the lane change in a timely fashion while you are still in a legal position to do so. You DON'T get to cross two solid white lines in the road while in a dedicated left hand turn lane and then proceed to cut across two lanes of moving traffic into an intersection to make a right hand turn in front of other cars that have the legal right-of-way.

So how do the yield signs work? The OP didn't yield to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back