Updated IQ

with better IQ
Looked at the firmware code. Yes, IQ parameters have been changed.
It would be interesting to compare the video BEFORE and AFTER the changes in the firmware.
But there are still quite a few parameters that can be adjusted...)

Good catch @Jeremy Wong (y)

It does seem to be the same ;) I haven't got the rear cam or HWK yet, but I plan to. Someone here did report having or ordering the rear cam so maybe they will see this and share what they find.

Phil

It's a game of spot the difference:

Papago
Front Lens FoV: 150
6 glass element lens
Voice control
Time lapse & motion detection parking mode (no mention of buffering)
Reverse parking camera style rear cam
Fatigue alert and headlamp on alert
*The other reminders found in traditional Papago products such as traffic stop-go and speed limit sign detection don't seem to be there.
No mention of GPS built in / external add on support

Blueskysea
Front Lens FoV: 120
Unknown glass element in lens design (I could have missed the info)
No voice control
Time lapse and buffered parking mode
Tube / "Cube" style rear cam
Unknown driving alerts
Built-in GPS

If you ask me, they're probably from the same plant but different spec trims for different brands.

I hope you haven't slowed the shutter speed to get that brighter darkness? It needed a faster shutter speed...

I am sure falsificator know he cant go too low on exposure times.

None of the exposure values were harmed...)
Along the way, you will also need to experiment with ISO.
And since I don't have this gadget, my friend, who lives 1500 kilometers from me, will check the firmware...)

Excellent, very interested to see the results, I think this camera does have good potential for improvement...

It would be good to increase the shutter speed a bit in darker daylight, and maybe also at night.

And since I don't have this gadget, my friend, who lives 1500 kilometers from me, will check the firmware...)
;) Thanks for your efforts, we will try. A start has already been made and a good start.
What I saw - so far only "on the table" in the laboratory, but I liked it! (y)
Now I need to put in the car, check, compare.
version FW x500.jpg

Overall bit rate 3840x2160 : v009 - 27.1 Mbps, Mod - 42.1 Mbps
Here is information from Mediainfo - FirmWare v009 and Mod

Attachments

• Mediainfo_FW-v009.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mediainfo_Mod_BCSG.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I prefer more sharpness at the darkness!
Excessive sharps are harmful, this has long been clear to everyone.
Here the question is in understanding this and the manufacturer's reaction to this porridge of pixels.
You look at miniatures or full sizes on a small screen and you can immediately see that
some screenshots are less sharp. But as soon as we scale up to 100%, then everything
falls into place. Less sharp screenshots show the maximum level
details, and those that seemed sharp are hopelessly spoiled by a sharpe and lost in detail.
This is what producers & managers do in advertising. In YouTube reviews, the picture appears sharp and
detailed, but as soon as you start to watch the originals in full size,
then you involuntarily think: "Excuse me, but where is the quality???"...
There are illustrative examples for understanding the situation:
https://videoregforum.ru/threads/datakam-6.1744/page-377#post-129802

1. Detail - the degree of elaboration (presence/absence) of the details themselves (not contours) in the picture.
That is, we see individual leaves - there is detail, we see a green mass instead of leaves - there is no detail.
2. Sharpness - the clarity of the outlines, the general perception of the degree of clarity/blur of the picture.
And in fact, the combination of both parameters is important, but the first is much more important ...
Good article on this topic: https://blog.andrewbondar.ru/rezkost-fotografii/

With all of the above, there are lovers of excessive sharpness...)

Last edited:
I prefer more sharpness at the darkness!
We have just started working on the firmware, so everything is still ahead of us...)
There is still work to be done on ISO and shutters. Also, more optimal
parameters of detail and noise reduction will be selected...

This is an example of how it was before and after the modification.
Do not forget to open pictures in full-size and original quality...

Crop scale 100%:
3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
Sharpness look horrific compared with the mod footage, it is strange so many brands have this in their cameras, and even high end systems by famous brands.
As it can be seen it is indeed something the makers should focus on as there are huge gains to be made.

Back