Connecting a Cellink Neo 9 with a Cellink B (v2)

Hey SiriusGen, I attached two pictures of my connection of the cellink B to the Cellink Neo 6, which gives me 12000 mAH. I did as you stated in your post and put the cellink B to off. The LED light telling me if the Cellink B was charging or full no longer turns on. Is this the same for your setup?

Attachments

• NEO 2.jpg
    NEO 2.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 72
  • NEO1.jpg
    NEO1.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 71
Question: what is the connector cable name that the OP used to connect the neo and cellink b? And where I can purchase them? Thanks.

Question: what is the connector cable name that the OP used to connect the neo and cellink b? And where I can purchase them? Thanks.
If you have a multimeter, test for voltage on the cellink B extension port with the device off. As for the cable, my b1234 (neo6) have a xt60 male port, I assume that the cellink b has the same. If it does, you will need tow XT60 female plugs and solder and heat shrink them together. I guess you could just buy one already made. I believe searching "XT60 female to female cable" will show what you are looking for.

LOL, after searching, I can't find that cable at all. If you can solder, it would be easier to just build one.

Last edited:
I wonder if we can piggy back 2 Cellink B battery together using the same setup. Has anyone tried that?

@EsQueue
@knight3136
@SiriusGen

I would like to do the same setup. Question:

1) For the "connected wire" from Neo to Cellink B, what wire size you used?

2) Since I only have one spare XT60 female at home, can I cut the wire from Cellink B and solder the wire to the "connector wire?

Please see picture as a demo

Attachments

• NEO1.jpg
    NEO1.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 23
@EsQueue
@knight3136
@SiriusGen

I would like to do the same setup. Question:

1) For the "connected wire" from Neo to Cellink B, what wire size you used?

2) Since I only have one spare XT60 female at home, can I cut the wire from Cellink B and solder the wire to the "connector wire?

Please see picture as a demo
You can go to Amazon and get two XT60 connector . In Amazon put the following

ZRM&E 5 Pairs Black XT60 T-Plug Male Female Bullet Connectors with 100mm Lead Wire for RC Lipo Battery

1. ZRM&E 5 Pairs Black XT60 T-Plug Male Female Bullet Connectors with 100mm Lead Wire for RC Lipo Battery
  • Then you can solder them together.

My Cellink B 2nd gen battery is defective and can only hold 1hr for parking mode even thought it’s fully charged. If I combine Neo and cellink B, will this cause Neo performance? I guess what I try to say is like for example changing a TV remote battery - one new and one old... I hope u understand what I mean..

If it’s ok to combine, what mAh should I adjusted to give an extra one hour? I know it’s not worst it but since I have it laying around and y not add that one hr in
100mAh since it seem like Q800pro is only using 0.1Amp for parking mode

Thanks

Last edited:
My Cellink B 2nd gen battery is defective and can only hold 1hr for parking mode even thought it’s fully charged. If I combine Neo and cellink B, will this cause Neo performance? I guess what I try to say is like for example changing a TV remote battery - one new and one old... I hope u understand what I mean..

If it’s ok to combine, what mAh should I adjusted to give an extra one hour? I know it’s not worst it but since I have it laying around and y not add that one hr in
100mAh since it seem like Q800pro is only using 0.1Amp for parking mode

Thanks

You can charge the Neo using the B by using the Neo's 12V adapter into the B's 12V socket, sure.

Hi. Bumping old thread. Can I simply swap over my cellink b and to a neo 9 and use the same hardwire cables that are already installed in my car?

I don't think so. the cellink B cable is a 14 gauge cable and I think the Cellink Neo uses a 12 gauge hardwire cable. In addition, the plugs are different.

^ Correct.

The input cables are different.

I wonder if we can piggy back 2 Cellink B battery together using the same setup. Has anyone tried that?

Just tried it with 2 Cellink B batteries. it works.

Just tried it with 2 Cellink B batteries. it works.

I wonder how do you or other knew it works? I combine Neo and Cellink B where Cellink B switch to OFF.

I used a current meter to monitor charging current drawn by the battery. The primary battery (direct connection to car and dashcam) will draw 6A from the car and send 3 A to the second battery or 9A from the car and send 5A to the second battery. When both batteries are charged, it will only draw ~ 1A from the car (regardless of switch setting) and send ~ 1A to the second battery. More importantly, the dashcam has a longer parking mode time compared to running only 1 battery (Note: I have 2 F800 camera running at the same time).

Unfortunately without the battery charge monitoring function found on the Cellink Neo that is all I can do to confirm it is working properly.

Hi, I have a Cellink B6 but with only 1 wire input and 1 wire output as attached picture below. Is it possible to hook this Cellink B6 input connector to Cellink Neo Output XT60 connector? For my dash cam, do I connect to Cellink Neo Output Molex connector or to the Cellink B6 Output connector?

Attachments

• cellinkb6topview.png
    cellinkb6topview.png
    229 KB · Views: 26
Hi, I have a Cellink B6 but with only 1 wire input and 1 wire output as attached picture below. Is it possible to hook this Cellink B6 input connector to Cellink Neo Output XT60 connector? For my dash cam, do I connect to Cellink Neo Output Molex connector or to the Cellink B6 Output connector?

It is not possible to connect the B6 to the Neo as the required wires are not present.

I see no reason why it wouldn't. Of all the ebike battery packs that I've made. 100% of them allowed me to both charge and discharge from one port. Even the ones with a dedicated charge connection. Test the Input port of the Cellink B for voltage. If it is giving the necessary voltage ( anywhere from 11-13 volts) it should work as a perfect extension if connected to the Cellink Neo output XT60 port.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what the first poster in this exact thread did.

I used a current meter to monitor charging current drawn by the battery. The primary battery (direct connection to car and dashcam) will draw 6A from the car and send 3 A to the second battery or 9A from the car and send 5A to the second battery. When both batteries are charged, it will only draw ~ 1A from the car (regardless of switch setting) and send ~ 1A to the second battery. More importantly, the dashcam has a longer parking mode time compared to running only 1 battery (Note: I have 2 F800 camera running at the same time).

Unfortunately without the battery charge monitoring function found on the Cellink Neo that is all I can do to confirm it is working properly.

Are you sure on those current values? The cellink B normally pulls 5A or 7A depending on setting. Are you saying once the extension battery is added it will pull up to 9A?

I only tested it once and didn't retest it anymore. In other words, my values could be different based on the condition of my extension battery and primary battery.

Back