New BlackVue DR900X Plus Series 4K Dashcam Available Now

Reading this thread out of curiosity. Bit off the topic. It seems Blackvue offers a very high end, internet / cloud connected camera. The only thing I've never understood is the lack of continous recording in park mode from Blackvue.

Viofo Has Low Bitrate
Street Guardian has 30 FPS recording in parking.

It seems Blackvue offers superior features (at a much higher price point), but only offers motion detection and auto event detection on parking mode. Can anyone elaborate further on why the limitations?

Event detection is enabled during normal mode. You can adjust the sensitivity of event detection in the 3 axis. Because I have speed bumps at work and in my neighborhood I turn down the iPad dh down sensitivity to prevent constant events being logged. I do wish it had something like the Garmin where you could speak to it to say “Blackvue save recording” to capture an event that does not get triggered by an impact. I also wish with larger SD cards I could set say 2-5 minute file lengths.

Some observations using firmware v1.000:
  1. You have to turn on "Battery Protection" in settings for wired parking mode to work, even if you don't need battery protection. I have a Cellink B battery pack for my dash camera and don't need voltage cut off. Luckily, you can turn "Voltage Cutoff" settings OFF and keep the "Battery Protection" toggle ON.
  2. Make sure to push the DC power connector all the way in until you hear that last click or (ACC+) parking mode will not function correctly. (You will be scratching your head as to why) :sneaky:
  3. It appears that "stationary detection (g-sensor)" parking mode still works even if you are using hard wired (ACC+) parking mode trigger. For Example, If you sit in your parked car for over 5 minutes (with the engine running) "stationary detection (g-sensor)" parking mode will trigger. (even if you are using wired ACC+ parking mode) Not a big deal, I guess. :unsure:
  4. My DR750S would let me turn off WIFI. My DR900X+ boots with WIFI ON and it takes 10 minutes for it to turn OFF using the automatic turn OFF option. I want it OFF on boot like before and still be able to use the automatic turn OFF feature. :cry:

Can some kind fellow please provide a link to raw front camera video sample from their 900X Plus? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Can some kind fellow please provide a link to raw front camera video sample from their 900X Plus? :rolleyes: Thanks!
Here's a google drive link to one of the DR900X Plus front camera video files from the time I was performing my review. I found some distorted audio in that file as well as a few others. I'm starting a review of another manufacturer's camera and I was reviewing the DR900X Plus footage again today and found the audio issue.

When I review a BlackVue camera, I've always had a problem importing the audio from any model BlackVue camera into Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro will either import the audio track but it will be silent except for a few loud noise spikes or the video will have no audio track at all. I can listen to the audio successfully outside of Adobe Premiere Pro.

DR900X Plus Front Video File 20210917_093033_NF.mp4

Here's a google drive link to one of the DR900X Plus front camera video files from the time I was performing my review. I found some distorted audio in that file as well as a few others. I'm starting a review of another manufacturer's camera and I was reviewing the DR900X Plus footage again today and found the audio issue.

When I review a BlackVue camera, I've always had a problem importing the audio from any model BlackVue camera into Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro will either import the audio track but it will be silent except for a few loud noise spikes or the video will have no audio track at all. I can listen to the audio successfully outside of Adobe Premiere Pro.

Thanks! (y)

My DR900X Plus 2-channel camera is getting replaced by Pittasoft. In the past couple of weeks, I've found the rear video camera image is now out of focus from the side of the image to about 3/8ths of the video image (going towards the center of the image). The brightness level of the rear video footage is also changing (getting very dark - compared to previous footage and compared to front camera footage with no firmware setting changes). The audio captured by the front camera has some quality problems as well. Pittasoft support stated a certain batch of the DR900X Plus 2-channel cameras might have a rear camera resolution issue.

BlackBoxMyCar replaced my rear camera and also sent a new front camera. Audio distortion with bass was the same for both units. :(

While comparing front video in both, I noticed something quite weird.

My old front camera image has less sharpness compared to the replacement. Both have the latest firmware and both are set to "extreme".

This is my old camera.

old camera.jpg

This is the new camera.

new camera.jpg

Last edited:
I have to admit that front camera image is amazing when it's working correctly. :p

nice.jpg

These frame captures are doing a great marketing job convincing me to get the 900x+....... when it's eventually released in my country.

Sadly it looks like the camera video quality or lens degrades over time or maybe its the firmware causing this. Not Sure. My front camera is now blurry on the right side and my rear camera image is blurry all over.

Check out the right side. Firmware v1.0.0.8

2022-07-01_19-10-30.jpg

2022-07-01_19-24-07.jpg

Rear camera image is useless if not 5 feet away.

2022-07-01_19-28-33.jpg

Sadly it looks like the camera video quality or lens degrades over time or maybe its the firmware causing this. Not Sure. My front camera is now blurry on the right side and my rear camera image is blurry all over.

Check out the right side. Firmware v1.0.0.8

View attachment 60925

View attachment 60930
I was pretty disappointed with the image quality that the 4k video brings out on the 900x Plus.
I did some testing choosing the option: Normal, High, Very High and Very High (Extreme) and the only difference I noticed was just a different amount of weight in MB but on the visual quality definitely a disappointment.
In the past I had a flagship Viofo in 4k, with many problems that even in assistance they knew they had in that model and version, but the video quality was perfect.
I was hoping to find a super object in Blackvue 900x Plus since I definitely spent more than double that of the Viofo, but again, I found the video quality poor to the point of seeing almost badly the license plates of the cars when stationary, let's imagine ourselves in those in movement.
Why all this?
V.1.0.0.8

In the past I had a flagship Viofo in 4k, with many problems that even in assistance they knew they had in that model and version, but the video quality was perfect.
I was hoping to find a super object in Blackvue 900x Plus since I definitely spent more than double that of the Viofo, but again, I found the video quality poor
Do you still have the Viofo? If you do can you post some video from the viofo and 900x?

Did you find a solution for importing videos with audio in Adobe Premiere Pro? I have the same problem. Thanks!

Did you find a solution for importing videos with audio in Adobe Premiere Pro? I have the same problem. Thanks!
Today, I did a series of tests with Adobe Premiere Pro 23.5.0 and various files from a DR900X-2CH Plus and a DR970X-2CH.

I was surprised to see that the DR970X videos and the recent DR900X Plus videos would import successfully into Adobe Premiere Pro with the audio track being functional.

I found that a DR900X-2CH Plus with firmware 1.011 and 1.012 would generate mp4 files that would import the audio track into Adobe Premiere Pro. The DR970X-2CH with firmware 1.004 also imported the audio track successfully. When I tried to import videos from the DR900X-2CH Plus with firmware 1.009, those would not import the audio track into Adobe Premiere Pro. It appears there was some sort of change to the audio tracks created using the recent firmware updates for those two dash cameras that allow them to have their audio tracks successfully imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.

In the past, I had used the VLC player to extract/save the audio track into a mp3 file and then import that into Adobe Premiere Pro. I also used the ffmpeg utility to extract the audio track from the older video files and create a mp3 file that would import into Adobe Premiere Pro.

Bash:
#!/bin/bash
for fn in "$@"
do
  ffmpeg -i $fn -y ${fn%.*}_audio.mp3
done

Today, I did a series of tests with Adobe Premiere Pro 23.5.0 and various files from a DR900X-2CH Plus and a DR970X-2CH.

I was surprised to see that the DR970X videos and the recent DR900X Plus videos would import successfully into Adobe Premiere Pro with the audio track being functional.

I found that a DR900X-2CH Plus with firmware 1.011 and 1.012 would generate mp4 files that would import the audio track into Adobe Premiere Pro. The DR970X-2CH with firmware 1.004 also imported the audio track successfully. When I tried to import videos from the DR900X-2CH Plus with firmware 1.009, those would not import the audio track into Adobe Premiere Pro. It appears there was some sort of change to the audio tracks created using the recent firmware updates for those two dash cameras that allow them to have their audio tracks successfully imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.

In the past, I had used the VLC player to extract/save the audio track into a mp3 file and then import that into Adobe Premiere Pro. I also used the ffmpeg utility to extract the audio track from the older video files and create a mp3 file that would import into Adobe Premiere Pro.

Bash:
#!/bin/bash
for fn in "$@"
do
  ffmpeg -i $fn -y ${fn%.*}_audio.mp3
done
I have a DR900X-2CH (not plus) with the 1.011 firmware (latest for this model). Premiere Pro v 23.5.0 (Build 56). Audio track imports with no sound, just one spike in one place. Maybe some additional codec needs to be installed?

Back