Best SD card for cheap cam

PeterM1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im going to be buying the orskey dash cam off of amazon and im wondering what is the best sd card for it to ensure its recording reliably

hi im going to be buying the orskey dash cam off of amazon and im wondering what is the best sd card for it to ensure its recording reliably

'cheap cam'....'to ensure its recording reliably'

Those terms can quite often be mutually exclusive. ;)

Can't help as to which card(s) might be best, but welcome to DCT and hopefully someone will have a more useful answer.

All I can add here is that the Samsung EVO Select offered by Amazon is a very good card at a very good price and it has worked reliably in every cam I've used it in. To avoid fakes be sure it's both fulfilled (sold) by Amazon AND shipped by Amazon.

Phil

thanks phil, just wondering do you think the orskey cam would be reliable, just looking and has over 8k reviews and is rated 4.5 stars

I know almost nothing of their cams beyond having heard of the brand before.

I'd recommend you consider the 70Mai Smart Dash Cam instead. It's as cheap as you can go and still get a decent cam, and it has a good service reputation (or at least it did a couple years ago). No factory support and customer service varies by seller. Main drawback is being equipped with a LiPo battery which may only last a few years in the UK climate. Fairly cheap to replace when it goes bad. The Blueskysea B1W is a very good cam but higher in price. Has supercaps, no LiPo battery to go bad in time. Great customer support and customer service and has a good history of service. Similar price for the Xaiomi 70Mai Dash Cam Lite; again no support but with a good service reputation. Still uses a LiPo.

There are plenty of cheap cams out there but few do good video day and night reliably, which is what we need from our cams. Many cheap cams have poor video and/or tend to die quickly, do not function reliably, and have zero or near-zero factory support if you have problems. Warranties usually involve sending the cam back to China which will cost as much as the cam did and is also slow and uncertain. If you don't want to chance this the B1W is the cam to get, but if you just simply cannot afford it the 70Mai Smart should s. And with any cam the SD card matters hugely in the results you get.

Hope this helps you get a cam with having!

Phil

If buying an SD card from Amazon, make sure it comes directly from Amazon and not a third party as they are frequently fakes.
I back that up 100%
My sister got one last year. SanDisk not.
It looked very original and wasn't cheap.
Now I always look for supplied by amazon, despatched by amazon or I won't touch it.

Back