Viofo A119 V3 Warranty Issues

torque

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have been using Viofo A119 V3 for the past year or so and I have been pretty happy with it. Couple of weeks while reviewing footage from the dashcam I noticed that some videos black out intermittently even though the sound is just fine while at other times it was rainbow garbled footage. I got in touch with support and they admitted to issues with the camera and asked me to send it to them for a replacement.

The problem is that I have to pay from my own pocket to send the camera back all the way to China (I am in Melbourne, Australia) and I dont think I should have to do that given it is still in warranty. Has anyone got any experience with Viofo customer and suggest what I can do to remediate this situation? Thanks in advance.

Viofo seem quite good as long as you follow exactly what they want.

I gather you don't have the same as the UK where under warranty it's the retailer who has to replace or repair.

Viofo seem quite good as long as you follow exactly what they want.

I gather you don't have the same as the UK where under warranty it's the retailer who has to replace or repair.
Thanks for that. I did buy it from a retailer but its under extended warranty with Viofo. Its just over a year old.

Thanks for that. I did buy it from a retailer but its under extended warranty with Viofo. Its just over a year old.

I assume you registered the camera giving you the 12 months + 6 months extra warranty? Be advised, Viofo's support speaks limited English. If you want to get things done, keep emails short, sweet, and simple. @jokiin (may he rest in peace) taught me this.

Hello,

Camera no longer work. Picture makes rainbow. I test X and Y, this not fix. I send in for warranty replacement. Please advise where to send camera for replacement.

Something of that nature when communicating.

I assume you registered the camera giving you the 12 months + 6 months extra warranty? Be advised, Viofo's support speaks limited English. If you want to get things done, keep emails short, sweet, and simple. @jokiin (may he rest in peace) taught me this.

Hello,

Camera no longer work. Picture makes rainbow. I test X and Y, this not fix. I send in for warranty replacement. Please advise where to send camera for replacement.

Something of that nature when communicating.
Correct thats 1 year and then 6 months extended warranty for registering with them. Correct on their limited understanding of english as well. They are at my "disposal" :D
"Hi xxxx,

We suspect the front cam is defective and needs to be replaced.
Could you please send back the old cam to us?
In case they are not helpful, please come to us.
We will be at your disposal."

What would be the cheapest way to send the camera to them?

Correct thats 1 year and then 6 months extended warranty for registering with them. Correct on their limited understanding of english as well. They are at my "disposal" :D
"Hi xxxx,

We suspect the front cam is defective and needs to be replaced.
Could you please send back the old cam to us?
In case they are not helpful, please come to us.
We will be at your disposal."

What would be the cheapest way to send the camera to them?

There's no cheap way to mail to China. Throw it into the smallest, lightest, box possible, and then list value of $20 AUD on customs form. List camera as defective if it requests explanation of item.

Back