Shadow RX300 firmware

naor

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello
I got my new Shadow RX300 and I want to ask where can I check if I have the newest version firmware I have v3.4g on my camera.

Hello
I got my new Shadow RX300 and I want to ask where can I check if I have the newest version firmware I have v3.4g on my camera.

I think you have to contact Foxoffer directly, because I didn't see any info regarding RX300 in their blog where they usually share firmware:

Hello

Really, 3.4g? Mine is 2.3g, have not heard of 3.4g. Anyone else know anything about it?

I think you have to contact Foxoffer directly, because I didn't see any info regarding RX300 in their blog where they usually share firmware:

I wiil try

Really, 3.4g? Mine is 2.3g, have not heard of 3.4g. Anyone else know anything about it?
That what it says
IMG_2014032547406.jpg

Really! Now that is interesting. Anyone know where this 3.4g can be found? I'd really like to try it to see if it fixes a couple little bugs in my RX-300. I've emailed foxoffer but they don't always reply very quickly. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
@Janet 珍妮 @Nancy Lee Could you tell us anything about it?
It's really sad. SeeZeus definitely needs to do something about organizing data and firmware updates. Look at this... they skipped from 2.3G straight to 3.4G. As far as logic goes, they could simply name it 10.1G as well.

Is there anyone who could get in touch with these people and ask them if they are at least planing to do something about getting firmware updates page up and running. No one even new they released new firmware. It looks like they don't give a damn about existing customers who already diligently paid for their product. All they want is, update firmware without telling anyone, and shove it into the new dash cams. So, only people who purchase new dash cams will know about it... what about the rest of us?

I strongly believe this firmware is not for market outside China. There is no way they would jump from 2.3g all the way to 3.4g skipping so many numbers without any reason. This must be some local version and naming convention.

@naor - are you by any chance from China?

Just as I suspected. An email from Janet hit my mailbox 2 minutes ago... Janet is great. Every single time I have some question, this person responds in super fast fashion...

Hello,
Good day.
I would like to tell you that is Chinese version firmware.
v2.3 is the newest for English version.
Thanks

Janet ke
CAR-DVR Sales Representative

I'm from israel
I bought the camera on ebay from

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131057738011
I've received another email from Janet:
Hi,
You're welcome. Chinese version also have English language. So if the customers do not care about other languages,they will buy chinese version.

If he buy the dvr from the retailer, he could ask the retailer in direct.

Thanks.

Janet ke
CAR-DVR Sales Representative

So, yes... If seller, in this case eBay seller, has dash cams for Chinese market with firmware v3.4G installed, and you order it from him, you're gonna get this. It's same as v2.3G for the rest of the World, no difference at all, except language options.

EDIT: firmware versions, updates, notifications (non-existing) and info about the same is simply said - a mess. They definitely need to do something about this. Otherwise my next dash cam won't be from SeeZeus. I know I am one person only, and they couldn't care less if they lose one... but there will for sure be more people who won't be happy about this, in case they start experiencing some problems with their current firmware. They have nowhere to go to seek for assistance and the solution to their trouble. You know what people say? - "It takes years to win a customer and only seconds to lose one."

Last edited:
Back