Street Guardian's new 2k cam SG9667DC2K

leggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ordered the newly launched SG9667DC2K from SG USA last night and already got shipping notification. Impressed.
Anyone else ordered it yet or contemplating to order it?

Did you really need to create another thread on this? This thread should be merged into the other one.
To answer your question...Yes, I'm thinking about it.

I do have to get something for myself...and also my coworker that seems very prone to accidents.
It will either be between this and an A139 for myself; and maybe an A129 Plus or 9663DC PRO+ (depending on price) for my coworker.
More likely to go with 1 from each manufacturer, just not sure how it will go.

I cant blame him, i have been debating making a post today telling about how my niece made me a grand uncle at 4 AM this morning, but i am holding off so far.

or is it called something else,,,, i suck at this family stuff, but my niece had a kid this morning, and i bet soon they will come calling on Uncle again when they need a sitter, cuz it seem like i am only called when help is needed.
At least they do not come to me calling for money.

Don't be so hard on @leggy. As we all know there are other folks here who don't stop at 2 short posts in one thread but pollute half the forums with the same lengthy messages repeatedly :rolleyes: This little bit is far more tolerable :LOL:

Besides, this is a new cam and it deserves some extra attention which it will get if there's new posts about it :) And congrats Kamkar, hoping Mom and baby are both doing well (y)

Phil

well not enough to call me and brag, i had to hear it from my little sister, but she also texted me a pic of the kid at 8:24 this morning, just as i was about to fall asleep in her bed ( house sitting her apartment and cat,,,,, why i have no idea a cat can be alone for a day just fine i think )
But they might remember me some other day, after all i am the one that jump when they say so.

Don't be so hard on @leggy. As we all know there are other folks here who don't stop at 2 short posts in one thread but pollute half the forums with the same lengthy messages repeatedly :rolleyes: This little bit is far more tolerable :LOL:
True that. :ROFLMAO:

Did you really need to create another thread on this? This thread should be merged into the other one.
To answer your question...Yes, I'm thinking about it.
Hi Lothar, no, there was no need for it but I posted this thread in the main section but was moved to this section.

I already have the DCPRO+ and was planning to pick Viofo A129 pro duo but noticed SG just launched SG9667DC2K so I decided to order it instead.
I really like SGs quality and customer service based on what I have seen in the forums and I am sure this new can won't be an exception.

I'm contemplating it for our car. Waiting to see some actual video footage.
Will do my best to post once I have it installed in couple of weeks

I cant blame him, i have been debating making a post today telling about how my niece made me a grand uncle at 4 AM this morning, but i am holding off so far.

or is it called something else,,,, i suck at this family stuff, but my niece had a kid this morning, and i bet soon they will come calling on Uncle again when they need a sitter, cuz it seem like i am only called when help is needed.
At least they do not come to me calling for money.
Congratulations

Besides, this is a new cam and it deserves some extra attention which it will get if there's new posts about it :) And congrats Kamkar, hoping Mom and baby are both doing well (y)

Phil
Agree. Was expecting to see an announcement. I just got lucky to find out about it and what made it even better the 15% discount

Hi Lothar, no, there was no need for it but I posted this thread in the main section but was moved to this section.

I already have the DCPRO+ and was planning to pick Viofo A129 pro duo but noticed SG just launched SG9667DC2K so I decided to order it instead.
I really like SGs quality and customer service based on what I have seen in the forums and I am sure this new cam won't be an exception.
Ahh...That explains it. Understood. (y)

Yes...SG is known for their stability, quality, and customer service which is why I'm only considering between them and Viofo, and I could supplement either of them in the front with a capacitor Mobius Maxi 4K later on.
I'm leaning towards SG because this will be my first rodeo and I might need all the support that I can get.

Ahh...That explains it. Understood. (y)

Yes...SG is known for their stability, quality, and customer service which is why I'm only considering between them and Viofo, and I could supplement either of them in the front with a capacitor Mobius Maxi 4K later on.
I'm leaning towards SG because this will be my first rodeo and I might need all the support that I can get.
The 4k is very tempting but the low light performance that was brought up by many pushed me back plus the file size and not officially supporting 512gb card

The 4k is very tempting but the low light performance that was brought up by many pushed me back plus the file size and not officially supporting 512gb card
Don't care about the 4K part.
I would be using the Mobius for it's closeup lens if anything.

After seeing these threads a while back, I've been considering having a Mobius as a secondary front cam with the closeup lens. It will serve as a backup and not the primary camera. I will probably not enable parking mode on it or even hardwire it.

Yeah low light on many current 4K cameras are not super awesome, but also not garbage, i would be able to live with one just fine as the little hope i have for low light, pretty much any dashcam can do that.
And at night i only expect to get my own driving logged in relation to road side / lane markings, and roadside signs and traffic lights.

There are also things that can be done if the right people get their hands on it, or the brand take notice of what these people do, just look at the B4K from blueskysea after modders hacked into the firmware, i would call that a substantial lift in low light performance, + also tuned horrible stock image sharpness / contrast ASO

Same guy also worked with SG on what was to be a modelwide update, but now that the SG boss died i dont know what will happen, but for sure his tweaks to one of the SG models was very nice.

Last edited:
There are also things that can be done if the right people get their hands on it, or the brand take notice of what these people do, just look at the B4K from blueskysea after modders hacked into the firmware, i would call that a substantial lift in low light performance, + also tuned horrible stock image sharpness / contrast ASO

Same guy also worked with SG on what was to be a modelwide update, but now that the SG boss died i dont know what will happen, but for sure his tweaks to one of the SG models was very nice.

Hopefully those modders are also able to contribute to improving this cam and they will not be limited in their work.
I'm very pleased with what the modders did on the A119 V3 with HDR, and also those other cams like you mentioned.

I keep checking to see when this new cam will appear in it's own thread here:

well not enough to call me and brag, i had to hear it from my little sister, but she also texted me a pic of the kid at 8:24 this morning, just as i was about to fall asleep in her bed ( house sitting her apartment and cat,,,,, why i have no idea a cat can be alone for a day just fine i think )
But they might remember me some other day, after all i am the one that jump when they say so.
Babysitting cats and kids are about the same, kamkar, but cats are more likely to scratch you while you are duct-taping them in place.

The SG9667DC2K got delivered today. Didn't have a chance to completely unpack it yet but hope can do it this weekend.
The packing was in a good shape

Attachments

• 20211203_210718.jpg
    20211203_210718.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 36
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA SG9667DC2K 7
Back