SG9663DCPRO Picture in Picture won’t stay off?

Jaycee916

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I bought two dual channel SG9963DCPRO’s for myself and my girlfriend last year and I tried to turn off Picture in Picture and select front view only but it will not stay that way. It switches back to PIP when we turn the car on and off?

If you want but the screen is pretty small and the lcd time out setting (screen saver) turns the screen off after a minute anyway. (And continues recording)

Gotcha. I figured you could leave it on front view only if you decided to drive without the screen saver.

The lcd timeout (screen saver) can’t be disabled, can only be increased a few minutes. It’s illegal to have a non OEM active tv/video screen up front while driving in most places. It also would generate too much added heat over time.

Oh, haha. I really need to pay attention to the menus. Silly question but why have the front view option to begin with?

Also, I noticed you have the a 2k version dash cam. I really like the video quality of sg9963. Is the 2k model a dramatic improvement?

Changing the view is mainly useful for initial setup aiming each camera one at a time etc. The new SG9667DC2K is a step up. The SG9663DCPRO will be discontinued when existing inventory sells out.

SG9667DC2K
Vs
SG9663DCPRO+

SG9667DC2K
QUAD HD 1440P + New SONY Starvis Sensor
Dual Band WiFi enabled – 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz
H264 AND H265 options
Reversible USB type C rear camera connection
Max rear cable length 15 meters

SG9663DCPRO+
FULL HD 1080P recording
2.4Ghz WiFi
H264
Mini USB connector
Max rear cable length 8 meters

I wouldn't say going from 1080p to a 1440p camera is a dramatic step up, but once i tried one of the many cameras that use the 1440p IMX 335 sensor i quite liked it, even if my PC screen are only 1080p.
Only drawback i have found is my editing software ( powerdirector 17 ) cant handle the native footage in 1440p, but it can easy work with it, just 1440p dont seem to exist, so you have to downscale to 1080p or as i do upscale to 4K as youtube seem to go a little more easy on 4K footage.

So far i am 3 dashcams in to the 1440p resolution ( one SG and two viofo ), and i am getting my first 4K camera in a few months, though here it is a new brand

... The SG9663DCPRO will be discontinued when existing inventory sells out.

Do you what the future might hold for the X2PRO+ form factor? For me the connectors on the top work better than on the side.

Do you what the future might hold for the X2PRO+ form factor? For me the connectors on the top work better than on the side.

There is an updated SGGCX2PRO+ model coming with added wifi. No launch date yet but it’s in the works. Not sure what the new name is yet either.

There is an updated SGGCX2PRO+ model coming with added wifi. No launch date yet but it’s in the works. Not sure what the new name is yet either.
Thanks. It's nice to know the form factor isn't at 'end of life' yet.

Well, I upgraded to the SG9667DC2K via Amazon last night. I do a lot of night driving and the upgraded Starvis sensor is a plus and I like to have the latest gadgets in general, lol. . I’ve always thought 1440p was the sweet spot regarding resolution with dash cams too.

Anybody want to buy a used SG9663DCPRO. Was purchased from Amazon July of 2021. Only 7 months old.

Can go through PayPal.

Back